Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 16:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ultimate Fish Bot: MastrBaitr

Discussion on Ultimate Fish Bot: MastrBaitr within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/06/2011, 05:07   #91

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletohara View Post
Well thanks for letting those of us that didn't win a chance to use it lucid. It works unbelievably, just like mastrkraftr. I hope that I can continue using it after today, as it works so well, but anyway just wanted to say thanks!
Thanks for sharing your experience! There has been unfortunately little in the way of feedback, less than 10% feedback-to-download ratio, few posts here and no ratings on this thread, no one liked the post on facebook, etc... was beginning to wonder if the page didn't go up or something. Pretty much all of the sneak preview guys had something to say, so it was a really stark contrast.
Old 09/06/2011, 05:22   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience! There has been unfortunately little in the way of feedback, less than 10% feedback-to-download ratio, few posts here and no ratings on this thread, no one liked the post on facebook, etc... was beginning to wonder if the page didn't go up or something. Pretty much all of the sneak preview guys had something to say, so it was a really stark contrast.
Ha geez, well sorry to hear that. I have you liked on facebook, but I actually saw your tweet today on my phone and didn't even check facebook today. As far as feedback goes, the timing is incredible when selecting the "sweet spot". I honestly have to admit, the program is a much better fisher than I am in game. I'm assuming that the program won't autoclose upon selecting stop when using the non one-day version, otherwise, that's my only gripe.
Old 09/06/2011, 05:29   #93

Quote:
Ha geez, well sorry to hear that. I have you liked on facebook, but I actually saw your tweet today on my phone and didn't even check facebook today. As far as feedback goes, the timing is incredible when selecting the "sweet spot". I honestly have to admit, the program is a much better fisher than I am in game. I'm assuming that the program won't autoclose upon selecting stop when using the non one-day version, otherwise, that's my only gripe.
Just don't click ok until it finishes, but yeah. Normally it would be a "Stop Now" button a la MK.

RE: FB; has like 50 impressions, so SOMEONE has seen it lol
Old 09/06/2011, 05:49   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Just don't click ok until it finishes, but yeah. Normally it would be a "Stop Now" button a la MK.

RE: FB; has like 50 impressions, so SOMEONE has seen it lol
Liked your FB post so at least it would have 1 like! lol
Old 09/06/2011, 05:58   #95

Quote:
Liked your FB post so at least it would have 1 like! lol
lol thanks >_<
Old 09/07/2011, 00:59   #96

how do i go about donating to get this awesome tool? i worked far better then i can ever fish! and save me tons of time from the one day i got to use it.. lol Thank for the experience.
Old 09/07/2011, 01:28   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilikusone View Post
how do i go about donating to get this awesome tool? i worked far better then i can ever fish! and save me tons of time from the one day i got to use it.. lol Thank for the experience.
I have the same question I don't see where to donate and I saw the tweet today saying (It was posted yesterday) it's been extended and today is the last day to get it.
Old 09/07/2011, 02:18   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilikusone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgame View Post
I have the same question I don't see where to donate and I saw the tweet today saying (It was posted yesterday) it's been extended and today is the last day to get it.
Let me make some things clear, there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the fish bot and donating.

Short version: You cannot donate to get the fish bot. My intention was to give the fish bot to people who had donated not knowing that they might receive any kind of benefit or reward.

Long version: People who donated before August 27 were provided with access to the fish bot as a thank you. There was never, nor is there currently, any way to "donate" to get access to any of my software. That's not donating, it's buying! When those people donated, they were doing so as a thanks for MK being released without any information that the fish bot would have any different kind of restrictions.

Access to the fish bot for those who'd donated to the project was simply my way of saying thanks. Thanks for selflessness, not thanks for money.

I took the donate button down a couple weeks ago in order to prevent this exact kind of confusion, since people began donating after the original announcement, which had a bolded portion indicating only donations which already happened would receive the gift. Also during that time, the average donation interestingly went down more than 75%... and people began to e-mail asking (in demanding ways) why they hadn't yet received access.

The fish bot WAS free during Labor Day (yesterday), but as of 12:00AM today, is no longer available to everyone. Those who received a personal login still have access. Personal access was given to those who fit one or more of these descriptions:
  • Early donors
  • FB/TW winners
  • Even some people who had a good attitude and participated here and in social networks

Currently, there is no way for anyone else to gain access to this tool. This is not my way of shunning those who didn't do the above things, but these tools have taken substantial time and money to get to their current state, so even with donations I have yet to break even; and there are monthly/yearly fees associated with servers and licenses. It does not seem reasonable to distribute this program for free as well, increasing market competition for those who've helped this project grow for the other 90% of users who don't even bother to say thanks or click a like button.
Old 09/07/2011, 02:44   #99

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Very honorable in what you posted. It seems I was mislead by the sidebar tweet message that said for one more day and it showed you tweeted it yesterday.

Regarding the crafting program, why not have it so you can choose which recipes to hasty hands instead of just having an option to hasty hand all or am I missing something? Many times Ill have a slew of things to craft and some require hasty hands.

It would also be nice if you could change crafting classes and continue to craft. Being able to do all of your guildleves with multiple classes at the click of a button would be sweet.
Old 09/07/2011, 02:53   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgame View Post
Regarding the crafting program, why not have it so you can choose which recipes to hasty hands instead of just having an option to hasty hand all or am I missing something? Many times Ill have a slew of things to craft and some require hasty hands.

It would also be nice if you could change crafting classes and continue to craft. Being able to do all of your guildleves with multiple classes at the click of a button would be sweet.
These things are on the list but I wanted to resolve the problems with crafting abilities first. These programs are written in my free time, and I have a salary job plus I do consulting work; so many things pull at my time (this is somewhat of a third job). There is a long list of features I want to implement in the existing tools, and new tools I want to create, but the time just isn't available right now.

As of now, the crafting abilities are working for 100% of people afaik. This week will be an extremely busy one for me though, so it is unlikely that either program will see significant updates until the weekend.
Old 09/07/2011, 02:55   #101

@ 43 FSH & 4M gil
Old 09/07/2011, 03:10   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve782 View Post
@ 43 FSH & 4M gil
It is definitely ridiculous... lol
Old 09/07/2011, 17:04   #103

I think I may have found a bug with customized jigging:

In all cases below "customize jigging", "jig in this order regardless of fish" and "jig on nibble" were enabled

If I set the custom Jigs as

they work as expected

However when I set the jigs to the same number, or some repeated numbers, it does some weird things, for example:

I set it to 4,4,4,4,4 - It actually does: 4,5,5,5,5
I set it to 2,2,3,3,3 and it does: 2,3,5,5,5

am i the only one getting this?

btw, only R20 here, I accept quick ranking up tips! Leaving the bot running at 3:30 and coming back in the morning to find out I was DCed at 3:35 doesn't help >.>
Old 09/07/2011, 17:12   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsas View Post
I think I may have found a bug with customized jigging:

In all cases below "customize jigging", "jig in this order regardless of fish" and "jig on nibble" were enabled

If I set the custom Jigs as

they work as expected

However when I set the jigs to the same number, or some repeated numbers, it does some weird things, for example:

I set it to 4,4,4,4,4 - It actually does: 4,5,5,5,5
I set it to 2,2,3,3,3 and it does: 2,3,5,5,5

am i the only one getting this?

btw, only R20 here, I accept quick ranking up tips! Leaving the bot running at 3:30 and coming back in the morning to find out I was DCed at 3:35 doesn't help >.>
If you want to do something like 4,4,4,4,4, and you want it to ignore the fish, then you must check the "jig this order regardless of fish" box as well, or it will take the input from fishing and attempt to locate the fish.
Old 09/07/2011, 17:22   #105

that box was always enabled in my tests, it still seems to love position Jig position 5

I assume this works OK for you then lucid? I wonder if latency has something to do with it then...

Tags
ffxiv fish bot, ffxiv fishing bot, fish bot, fishing bot, mastrbaitr