Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 23:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FFXIV Wutai Copy Gil

Discussion on FFXIV Wutai Copy Gil within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow FFXIV Wutai Copy Gil

O.O
Old 08/19/2011, 22:49   #2

Yeah... give me all your gil and I'll copy it... sure... just put it in this bag and I'll "be right back" with it.

I wouldn't trust this service. If they can do this, why wouldn't they just dupe gil and sell it?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/19/2011, 22:59   #3

I bet it is really easy to dupe atm, since there are some crazy programs that exploit many of FF XIV vulnerabilities. Just look at that one program that allows you to teleport anywhere on the map.
Old 08/19/2011, 23:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ouncer View Post
I bet it is really easy to dupe atm, since there are some crazy programs that exploit many of FF XIV vulnerabilities. Just look at that one program that allows you to teleport anywhere on the map.
Same thing exists for FFXI, and always has; many other games too, and those types of cheats can be written for many games at once, very easily. Teleport hacks aren't hard to implement since character position is often client-side to reduce latency.

One thing I will say about teleport/speed hacks, is that they have a history of detectability. Some people were banned long after they actually used those cheats ~ they were either monitored for a long time or detected retrospectively. Very dangerous tool.

Gil is server-side, a much different scenario. Their offer of a flat fee just doesn't seem to make much sense, unless they want everyone to know they're duping because they suspect all of their customers will be banned in the future-- not sure.
Old 08/20/2011, 03:01   #5

I've always tried to stay away from dupes/exploits that give a > advantage. Although I am interested in looking into this sort of thing. Just so I can have knowledge of 'how to' do it.
Old 08/21/2011, 07:17   #6

I feel dirty someone has my name

But if there is a way, couldn't someone just post here and be away done with someone listing something like that? Or then again, the list guy trying to make gil and sell the service at the same time...?

I want unlimited gil... Lord Lucid enlighten me@.@
Old 08/21/2011, 07:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebleeds View Post
I feel dirty someone has my name

But if there is a way, couldn't someone just post here and be away done with someone listing something like that? Or then again, the list guy trying to make gil and sell the service at the same time...?

I want unlimited gil... Lord Lucid enlighten me@.@
The best advice I can give you is to stay away from duplicating items. Since you're making server-side edits, it is very tracable.

If they could duplicate gil, they would duplicate it, then duplicate that, and duplicate that... they wouldn't need people to bring them the "seed" gil to duplicate. Maybe they have tons of gil and are just willing to sell any amount for $50, or they want to see what the perceived value of $50 worth of gil is, I'm not sure; but I wouldn't get involved with them.
Thanks
1 User