Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 04:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ant pservers in progress -anyone looking for member?

Discussion on Ant pservers in progress -anyone looking for member? within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ant pservers in progress -anyone looking for member?

I would join anyone looking to add new members to a server. I could be a support character if you like [white mage/bard] it doesn't matter I just want to play. I'm all for team boosting! Reminds me of my times in WoW. Anyhow, accept my offer just get back to me. thx!

-t
Old 06/23/2010, 22:47   #2

sorry typo -*Any* pservers in title please dont be AH and respond w/ correction. anyhow back to my original message. thx.
Old 06/23/2010, 23:35   #3

Well you should have probably read the 2 posts below this, there is an open source version of the server/client but its not finished, the original devs got scared, dont blame them. A lot of work would be needed to finish it off, its barely playable at the moment.
Old 06/24/2010, 03:54   #4

Then whats up with the "Everything You Need; FF Lives" that's posted in this site? Aren't those used to create pservers and invite whoever?
Old 06/25/2010, 19:16   #5

Again, like I said, the pserver files have not been finished, so there is not much you can do, you can run around kill monsters (with unrealistic values to the retail), and boost yourself to level 255, teleport around, solo faf since i dont even think he has the right amount of hp like 4 hits kill him lol.
Old 06/27/2010, 17:17   #6

ok so going by what you said there is a way to play the game, just not with a team n whatnot. Which leads to my next question -can you play through the entire game and run through the main story solo since you can incorporate hacks?

Reason I ask is because I have played and beaten the entire FF series 1-13 including x-2, Crisis Core, all tactics FFTA, FFTA2, and FFT for PSP but Im missing 11 to complete the main series. I want to run through the story in 11 then play FFXIV when it releases. thx in advance.

t
Old 06/28/2010, 04:36   #7

Man I hope your not serious? It would take you about 3 years or more to complete FF11, its an mmorpg with about 30 storys in it, there is not one.

And yet again your not listening to what im saying, you can play private server with other people that is fine, just nothing works on the private server, when you make a private server client from scratch you need to basically program the game yourself using the files you have, so you need to make mob paths, or spawn times, allow skills, enable skills, and so on and so on. This is not complete in PXI.

Believe me if your just looking to play either XI or XIV just to complete it is retarded because its an MMORPG not a SP, you put a couple years of time into it not its impossible to complete xi/xiv in a couple of days.
Old 06/28/2010, 05:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siion View Post

And yet again your not listening to what im saying, .
i do have "apparently" a listening problem. **** it, I just though maybe you could boost your character to rediculous stats and solo -guess Ill jus call it a lost cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siion View Post
you can play private server with other people that is fine, just nothing works on the private server.
then wt **** is the point of playing ps if it dont work. Lost cause indeed..
Old 06/28/2010, 16:13   #9

No one is playing PS lol i dont know why you think they are.

At the moment PS for FFXI is in development, its not been made yet, unlike other games where you can just rip the code or you some how get access to leaked server clients or for example like Aion you can program it easier in java and it doesnt use old methods.

XI is an old game that is EXTREMELY protected, the PS Was in development and was open source (So any C++ programmer could add to it) sadly SE threatened the main site and its been shutdown. So no one is really developing on it, there might be some people doing it on their own but there is a MASSIVE amount of work, and its for a game where most of its users dont care for pserver, XI has like 250k members and all do not mind paying, the PS server audience and demand is tiny.

I could run a pserver now and you can boost your stats to 3/4 times higher than official server, (atm cap is 80, on pserver u can goto 255) but its pointless because the files for pserver are not finished..

So it is now a lost cause cuse no one working on it mainly, but it had its point.

If some day a group decide to finish it off you could easily solo the game in about a week.