Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 14:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Unable to enter new zone when you use POS warps?

Discussion on Unable to enter new zone when you use POS warps? within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I have been experimenting with some position warping tools and I have noticed something I do not see documented anywhere. If I warp across a zone and attempt to enter a new area the game does not let me. For instance, if I walk out of Bastok and POS myself to the entrance to Movalpos I can not enter. I get the "You could not enter the next area" error that you would get if, for instance, you tried to go into a town while riding a chocobo or somehting. Is there some kind of a timer in place that willnot allow you to exit a zone unless a certain amount of time has passed? Do other people have this proboem too?

I have tried waiting a few minutes and then trying to enter the zone again but I get the same error. The only thing I can do is log out of the game and log back in and enter the next zone.
Old 04/06/2006, 04:19   #2

Ahh yeah this is a common problem for POSers. Let's see if I can describe what's happening for you.

When you POS over large distances your character moves but the client side data get screwed up and you can't zone anywhere without logging out or tele/warping. It's like even though your character is over by Mov, the client side data says your still by bastok or something.

So yeah unfortunatly that's all there is to do but to logout/warp/tele when you POS over large distances. However, when there like a 'talkable' thing (like an NPC or an unstable displacement for example) you are still able to use those things to zone to other areas, just not the 'zone lines'.
Old 04/16/2006, 12:39   #3

That's wrong actually.
I use Fleetool myself and whenever I do use Triple Flee mode to span long distances and try to zone I get that message for a while.

Do NOT try and zone after doing that. If you think you have gotten to the zone before a Full Time Flee would let you get there, relog your character right there.

If you get that error message, the server side recieves the error message too. And cause the error message at the wrong time and a GM is on your *** for breaking the game's programmed physics. My friend got busted that way.
Old 04/17/2006, 05:37   #4

Ahhh that's interesting. Anytime I flee over large distances I just POS instead so I never got that message while flee hacking.
Old 04/18/2006, 00:46   #5

actuly its a timer inside your client not server side. It will be log on Server but the timer is client side and can be change. what happen is max speed for a player is chocobo speed. You're client know what is the minimum time that u can choco from A to B in any zone. (physic) If u use Fleetools your speed is FLEE its slower then choco so you won't have any problem. If you go double flee or Triple Flee ... now your speed is greater then Chocobo. You wont be able to zone. Same thing happen with POS if you teleport into a new zone to fast it will stop you, but if u wait long enaugh before zoning it will alow you.

The only zone you can change without waiting is the zone you came from cause u need 0 sec to zone back. so u can go to X take your nm or what ever u have to do and come back to the same zone 2 sec later even if u have POS to the other side of the zone or triple flee.

Hope it help ya understand.
Old 04/19/2006, 04:00   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by NxN_Slite@Apr 18 2006, 00:46
actuly its a timer inside your client not server side. It will be log on Server but the timer is client side and can be change. what happen is max speed for a player is chocobo speed. You're client know what is the minimum time that u can choco from A to B in any zone. (physic) If u use Fleetools your speed is FLEE its slower then choco so you won't have any problem. If you go double flee or Triple Flee ... now your speed is greater then Chocobo. You wont be able to zone. Same thing happen with POS if you teleport into a new zone to fast it will stop you, but if u wait long enaugh before zoning it will alow you.

The only zone you can change without waiting is the zone you came from cause u need 0 sec to zone back. so u can go to X take your nm or what ever u have to do and come back to the same zone 2 sec later even if u have POS to the other side of the zone or triple flee.

Hope it help ya understand.
Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up. Great explanation.