Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FFXI Buddy V1.0

Discussion on FFXI Buddy V1.0 within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Talking FFXI Buddy V1.0

Well this is basically a release of my program, i made it over a year ago, updated it a bit and now im posting it around.

DOWNLOAD

Features
It has delay calculation (+ haste and shows delay in seconds as well for both melee and ranged).
It has a skill cap calculator, you input your skill rating and level and you will get your cap at that level.
It has a weapon skill database, i haven't really touched this in updates so theres nothing past mythic or any new discoverys, but it is complete with modifiers and skill level etc.
It has AlexisLucia's Skill chain calculator integrated into the program (uses a browser to the original page for their own visits and such so it isn't really stolen or anything just linked without the un-necessary browser opening).

If you guys have any update suggestions you can find my email in the .txt included.

How to install
I haven't had a chance to test this on any PC other than my own, but basically extract to desktop or anywhere you want and run the setup.exe, which installs it, and gives you a funky "Performance Edition Sept 2009" folder in start>All programs with my program listed there, no idea how the folder came about like that, not a huge amount of experience with VB. It starts as well if you just keep the setup files where ever you put them and try and run those.

Language "Viruses" etc
In English and originally programmed in English by me, Visual Basic .net was the programming language.
If you have a problem of some kind or something to do with .net i advise you install .net framework or something.
Doesn't contain any Viruses or harmful code, not that im a good enough programmer to make a Virus at that, if you or anyone claims it is you most likely were dropped on your head as a child and now decide to just be total stupid assholes for fun. If you want you could scan it with a virus scanner, no idea at all why a virus scanner would detect it as a virus (at least mine isn't and mine keeps annoyingly popping up calling many of my "tools" viruses and won't stfu even when i keep clicking ignore and checking the remember this option box).
Most of the coding is Math, hence why its very basic VB .net other than the database integration (which is still pretty basic).
I do realise many of the things have been done in my program before, not that i know of any other programs with any of the features mine has, but mostly web pages, but this program was designed to simply stuff into 1 neat package instead of having to open up firefox/IE every time, going to a bookmark or google and going to the page everytime and scrolling through it, instead you can just run this program and everything you'd want in a party/config setup is here, i have not known anyone to do a Delay calculator though all i found was calculations which i integrated into this program.

Credits and such are included in the version 1.0.txt

Oh and, so you know, this program does not modify FFXI in anyway, it can be used across all platforms for a pc as it does not touch the program itself, so this isn't a mod tool, its just a calculator/information tool, so don't start whining accusing me of posting hacks, FFXI Buddy does not in anyway modify any content or other programs.
Old 04/01/2010, 13:49   #2

elite*gold: 0
thanks bud been waiting on somthing like this for awhile, saves everyone from loading up google and searching for that **** lol, once again, thanks mate