Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Samurai subjobs lvl 1-75

Discussion on Samurai subjobs lvl 1-75 within the FFXI Guides & Templates forum part of the Final Fantasy XI category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SAM/WAR
1-30
Is a great combo. If needed I coulded help tanking. Important ability is here Provoke.

SAM/THF or War
30-50
You can decide here to continue leveling with Warrior subjob or with Thief. Thief is also nice. With Sneak Attack you will do more Weapon Skill damage than with Warrior.

SAM/WAR
50-60
I would take here Warrior again. You get at Lv50+ Double Attack. That means you may hit 2 Times in row, great for help getting faster TP.

SAM/RNG
60-65
Now it's your time to show off . With Barrage you will get really fast 100% TP. And Sidewinder does a lot of damage.

SAM/THF or War
65-75
You will get at Lv65+ Tachi: Gekko. What needed for Lv3 Renkeis. So you will do from now on only Great Katana Weapon Skills. Depends what party setup you can take Warrior or Thief subjob.
Old 07/01/2006, 15:54   #2

Please, do, NOT EVER sub /thf, period. Unless you fight Wyrms or Gods. Subbing /thf is a ******* crime, and only a retarded moron should do that.
/war or /rng are the only good subs for SAM. Maybe /nin in a couple situations like solo'ing, Limbus, maybe Dynamis. And you should use /rng only if you have a Soboro Sukehiro. If you cap your Archery merits you can eat meat and still land Sidewinders fairly well, what let's you outperform /war in situations like exp, by far.
Old 07/21/2006, 04:48   #3

after level 30 sam, i noticed a GREAT deal of difference in dmg from my Sneak Attack + Tachi: Enpi compared to the /war sub so whoever posted before me, you're an idiot and u don't know what the hell you are talking about. /thf is only bad in TP burn parties at lv75.
Old 07/21/2006, 14:38   #4

I am level 75, and I played SAM when you didn't even know what the game is, you ******* tard.
Don't try to argue with Veteran players if you have no clue at all.
I parsed various GK and equip sets with /rng /drg /war /thf and /war gets the best results until /rng gets Sidewinder AND Soboro Sukehiro, and then only with the right gear.
/thf is a job to bounce hate on gimped tanks (Read: Bad NINs) or on HNM/Gods.
I hope you know that with /thf you can WS only ONCE per minute, idiot, so what if you do slightly more DMG, /war WS's twice in the time, if not more, not to mention that you get WAY higher regular hits what contributes to the DoT (DAMAGE OVER ******* TIME, you tard).
Noone cares about one high WS in ten years, guess why noone wants DRKs, even though they do insanely high Guillotines?
Yeah, exactly, they're taking years to build TP.
Now please, unless you finished CoP, RoZ, DM, Appocalypse Nigh, both Bahamuths, fought all Wyrms, Kings, Gods, Jailers, AV delete your content ID's or shut the ******* hell up.
It's amusing how level 30 retards try to argue with players who actually know what they're doing, since well over two years, yay for morons who think they're smart.

ninjaedit:
Kind of funny how tards like you always are anon trolls posting for the first time and probably never coming back:
Quote:
cowardly

Level One

Scan User
Old 08/21/2006, 18:27   #5

Quote:
I hope you know that with /thf you can WS only ONCE per minute
SA and TA = twice :P

And if you get full TP from med with AF1 helm and AF2 hands, you can usually do one WS with TA (onto tank), one WS with SA and one without anything, and then get 100% or more TP back before TA and SA are ready (unless long pull).

I'm too lazy to parse the difference between the subjobs. I just go with what I feel like there and then :P But I use /war for TP burn.

And maneater/ridill drks ftw!
Old 08/22/2006, 06:38   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by ViciousIchiban@Jul 1 2006, 15:54
Please, do, NOT EVER sub /thf, period. Unless you fight Wyrms or Gods. Subbing /thf is a ******* crime, and only a retarded moron should do that.
/war or /rng are the only good subs for SAM. Maybe /nin in a couple situations like solo'ing, Limbus, maybe Dynamis. And you should use /rng only if you have a Soboro Sukehiro. If you cap your Archery merits you can eat meat and still land Sidewinders fairly well, what let's you outperform /war in situations like exp, by far.
You gotta be joking.
Old 08/24/2006, 09:03   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by ViciousIchiban@Jul 1 2006, 15:54
Maybe /nin in a couple situations like solo'ing, Limbus, maybe Dynamis.
Oh and yeah. Subbing nin in dynamis only gimps your LS. If you don't have enough mages to keep ppls hp up, recrute more. You don't rely on DoT in dynamis, cause it doesn't mean ****, you go for fast kills. So /thf in dynamis. That extra TH might be to some help, and you might get lucky and steal som currency as well XD

All in all:
if you sub /nin in dynamis, you're a ***** and you're gimping your damage.
Old 08/27/2006, 00:39   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by bobaage@Aug 24 2006, 09:03
All in all:
if you sub /nin in dynamis, you're a ***** and you're gimping your damage.
subbing nin in dynamis saves my *** all the time if I sub war or thf for the spike damage I pull hate and usually die in cities, but northlands espically xarcabard nin does gimp your DoT. So really /nin in cities is the good time to use it in dynamis unless you have a whm with refresh in your party who doesn't hate you.
Old 09/28/2006, 07:30   #9

lolol
Old 05/25/2007, 00:04   #10

Why would someone flame a Mod's post and call them a moron for posting what seems to work for many players?

Not to mention repetitive swearing kills the credibility of a post pretty quick?
Old 01/30/2008, 20:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousIchiban View Post
i know the post is far far away but i must say this...

you dont have a NO IDEA if you say thf is a ******* crime.
i have played a very long time SAM.

#CLOSED -.-
Closed Thread