Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 02:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]Generation Stops

Discussion on [HELP]Generation Stops within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]Generation Stops

Hey Elitepvper's ,
I was asking about aproplem i have its about NPC server , about 3-4 hours after i run up my server the generation of mobs stops so i have to restart my npc server and its happen's again and i have to restart the NPC server again and so on .. i tryed 2 diffrent NPC's server one of Revo db and the other is from achinese db but when running the 2 of them its get the same proplem so i wander if any one know's about this proplem if it an db side proplem or from the npc.exe .
Old 09/27/2010, 01:10   #2

Hello buddy, this happens when you put a monster in a location that it can not be born.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/27/2010, 01:59   #3

You may want to look at the table - cq_generator.

The important columns will be rest_sec, timer_begin, timer_end, and max_amount.

Allow me to explain-
rest_sec The time between spawns. this needs to be at least 1, a good number is 5-15.
timer_begin, timer_end These should be set at 0.
max_amount This is somewhat irrelevant but its a good idea to have it at about 10% more than the max spawn number.

If after checking these, and reading my stickied post which explains in greater detail the functions in cq_generator, the issue persists its not the cq_generator but the servers.
Heres that link-
If you want more advice, my msn is on my profile, please put EPVP in the invite. I do not accept invites i do not know.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/27/2010, 06:27   #4

i have alot of mobs have more than 10k on rest_secs and have more than 100 on max amount can the proplem be from there ?
Old 09/27/2010, 06:38   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
yeah, your having way too many mobs spawn and its causing an overload and giving your server a mental breakdown. It has nothing to do with them spawning in a place that they "cant" spawn in because there is no such thing.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/27/2010, 13:19   #6

I gotta agree with Deadpool- reset the amount to, at maximum, to about 20-30 and lower the rest time to 5-20 seconds.

Having 10k on rest time is way too high, as this is over 10 minutes between spawns. Max amount at 100, wow thats a lot of monsters in the grid. No wonder your server is having a meltdown.

If you want i can show you, or help you with this area.
Old 09/28/2010, 05:12   #7

I have no problems with reset_sec, I have over 200 mobs born 3 to 12 hours after they die.
Only thing I have is the problem of birth given in the schedule, 1, 2 or 3 hours of paid work.
Old 09/28/2010, 22:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukoo View Post
I have no problems with reset_sec, I have over 200 mobs born 3 to 12 hours after they die.Only thing I have is the problem of birth given in the schedule, 1, 2 or 3 hours of paid work.
With that amount of time between spawns you wont get many players on the server because levelling will be take too long.
Old 09/28/2010, 22:49   #9

elite*gold: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnyge View Post
With that amount of time between spawns you wont get many players on the server because levelling will be take too long.
I think he means he has certain mobs with those changes, not all his mobs. Perhaps it's a special mob that appears in different places at different times with good drops.
Old 09/29/2010, 04:13   #10

I've actually had this issue before, i combated this simply by having a process that flushes out my cache every hour so basically it's like maint but it is not. I think this has to do with the fact of all the new add ins people put into the db's that the total amount is just too much. It may be me but i am pretty sure noone has even attempted to search for, or find / modify a maximum amount spawnable inside of the npc.exe (Just my opinion of course).
Old 09/29/2010, 23:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Arthur View Post
I think he means he has certain mobs with those changes, not all his mobs. Perhaps it's a special mob that appears in different places at different times with good drops.
Yes, my server already have 2 years online with these settings.
Just put various amounts of Boss (created by me), increased the time to give birth and drop.