Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > e*pvp News > e*pvp News - EN
You last visited: Today at 04:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Mid-October Update: TBM Update, Goldmine, elitecases Affiliate Program

Old   #1
second to none

elite*gold: 472
The Black Market: 293/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,923
Staff Mid-October Update: TBM Update, Goldmine, elitecases Affiliate Program

Dear Community,

Welcome to this extraordinary announcement of some recent changes. Normally we would wait until the end of the month, but this is of high importance. We apologize for the rather high number of notifications this month. We try to reserve these only for important information and not to annoy you unnecessarily.
Now let's get to the changes!

Fundamental Changes to the Black Market Rules

First of all, you may have noticed that in the Black Market you will find one of the following two badges above each post:

What's that all about? Well, it's basically the same as "verified purchases" at Amazon. It indicates whether there is a trade in our system for the respective post. In other words, if someone leaves their feedback in a thread, you can now immediately tell whether the user has actually traded with the thread creator or not. If you click on the badge, you will see a list of trades between the respective user and the thread creator. With this you can now assess the credibility of a given feedback on your own and make a well-founded decision on whether you want to trust it or not.

This comes with the removal of one of our oldest rules: From now on we will no longer delete negative feedback (unless it contains insults or violates other forum rules)!

Until now, all negative feedback has been prohibited as there is a rating system for exactly this purpose, which is only available to people who have actually traded via our system. This was our attempt to prevent unfounded accusations as we cannot check every single post for correctness. For a long time we have been refusing to remove the rule, because in principle everyone could simply create a fake account and spam wrong feedback into a competitor's thread. Now that everyone can check if there are any real trades related to a given feedback, we don't consider it as problematic anymore.

Additionally, this change has the positive side effect that you can now recognize fake feedback much easier and also warn other users by posting your feedback directly into the respective threads, not just by giving negative ratings. All in all this should also give another incentive to use our trade system since verified feedback posts look significantly more trustworthy.

By the way: Occasionally there was some confusion around this, so we'll clarify it once and for all: You are allowed to create trade requests for vouches. While you are not allowed to rate them, because ratings are only allowed for real trades where you give something in return, you can and should always create a trade request. This way your vouch feedback will be marked as verified, too.

We know that this is a very drastic change, but over the years it has become clear that the community does not approve this kind of censorship of negative posts. We have finally fulfilled this wish, because we despise scammers just as much as you and don't want them on our platform. We hope that you will this change as much was we do!

elitepvpers Goldmine

You should probably all know about our board-internal currency elite*gold. You can buy it with a selection of payment methods directly from our system or with virtually any other means of payment in the Black Market from other users.

But now you can also dig for it! Purely virtual, of course, in our elitepvpers Goldmine!
You provide us with a share of your computing power and receive elite*gold in exchange. It's easy, just click on "Start Mining" and choose the settings to your likes. You'll also find a list of the 25 most successful miners there!

elitecases Affiliate Program

Well, we already told you the first updates would follow soon. This change has been requested by many of you and was right at the top of our priority list!

As part of our brand new affiliate program, you can create referral links and share these with your friends and on social networks. For each person who signs up after clicking on your referral link, you will permanently get 2% of all their expenses directly credited to your elitecases account.

You are an active streamer? Then contact us at [email protected] to discuss special conditions!

You don't want to be notified about our news? What a bummer!
Notifications can be deactivated here.

Attached Thumbnails
Mid-October Update: TBM Update, Goldmine, elitecases Affiliate Program-thumbnail.jpg  

Thanks
19 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
So in other words:

Negative comments on threads won't be removed. But if someone gives a negative RATING without a fair reason we can still open a thread and try to remove it?

Just to be sure I got it right ^_^

Old   #3

give me logo
Old   #4
second to none

elite*gold: 472
The Black Market: 293/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Boosters View Post
So in other words:

Negative comments on threads won't be removed. But if someone gives a negative RATING without a fair reason we can still open a thread and try to remove it?

Just to be sure I got it right ^_^
We are still taking care of unjustified ratings, yes.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

great idea
Old   #6

elite*gold: 35
Well done!
Old   #7

elite*gold: 53
The Black Market: 197/0/0
i partially agree with that , because it might cause alot of problems .
from my point of view i would see some imporvements to that idea

You should only be able to leave negative comment in someone thread when you HAVE made a trade with that person
That would completely cut off the spam and accusation without any proofs , since lot's of already long time members of the forum that are running succesfull "business" have some imposters , which lead in ppl accusing the original bussiness creator of some scams while he might never traded with such person etc
Or competition using some friendly troll accounts to post fake accusation , for which people have no proofs , it still is visible in someones thread and might work negatively on his mark.

To sum it up, there is no trade /payment etc then you shouldn't be allowed to post any feedback on the thread since you basically haven't tried it so how you know if it's good /bad .

in my opinion that would be the best solution and would also allow negative comments in the thread when you actually did try the service out

same as you can't rate kfc food as bad , when you never have even tried it in any of kfc restaurants ,why would you rate it or talk about it's taste etc ?
Makes sense i suppose

as an stupid example :
i would just go to Dacx any thread and would write "he scammed me gg wp , gift me back $$ !!!" , while i have never dealt with him nor trade with him etc .
As an explanation you would have to just write that this is "unverified Trade" and the comment stays , while that will have negative influence on Dacx name.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #8

Does this also work for Middleman trades? Like for ex: if someone reacts to MM thread that it shows the MM was really invovled in that trade. Let's hope it does

pretty good update though
Old   #9

elite*gold: 85
Is there a way to verify our sales feedback that were not in the system (not paid with e*gold) ?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

elite*gold: 810
The Black Market: 254/0/0
As always very nice updates to the forum!
Old   #11
failing on a final level

elite*gold: 46130
Received Thanks: 24,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by supportsec View Post
i partially agree with that , because it might cause alot of problems .
from my point of view i would see some imporvements to that idea

You should only be able to leave negative comment in someone thread when you HAVE made a trade with that person
That would completely cut off the spam and accusation without any proofs , since lot's of already long time members of the forum that are running succesfull "business" have some imposters , which lead in ppl accusing the original bussiness creator of some scams while he might never traded with such person etc
Or competition using some friendly troll accounts to post fake accusation , for which people have no proofs , it still is visible in someones thread and might work negatively on his mark.

To sum it up, there is no trade /payment etc then you shouldn't be allowed to post any feedback on the thread since you basically haven't tried it so how you know if it's good /bad .

as an stupid example :
i would just go to Dacx any thread and would write "he scammed me gg wp , gift me back $$ !!!" , while i have never dealt with him nor trade with him etc .
As an explanation you would have to just write that this is "unverified Trade" and the comment stays , while that will have negative influence on Dacx name.
There are scammers intentionally convincing new forum users to not use the system to avoid negate ratings. Those then want to warn others by posting into the thread. We don't want to censor this kind of feedback anymore. We much rather want everyone to be able to assess the credibility of a given feedback themselves. If you are a legit trade and receive many positive ratings and verified feedback posts, a few wrong unverified feedback posts will not harm your legit reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LighT.' View Post
Does this also work for Middleman trades? Like for ex: if someone reacts to MM thread that it shows the MM was really invovled in that trade. Let's hope it does

pretty good update though
Not yet, but we are already discussing how to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZeke View Post
Is there a way to verify our sales feedback that were not in the system (not paid with e*gold) ?
You don't need to pay with elite*gold to use our system. Using our system just means using our "Request a Trade" feature. Not using it is against our rules anyway and hence not supported whatsoever.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #12

So if someone is selling my items on a thread and I write on his thread that he is trying to scam people how would that work? I posted some pictures of my items and 3 days later this guy makes a new thread using the same pictures and selling the same items. I posted on his thread to be aware of him and my message got erased...

And as for unfair negative reviews? I have one that would like to get rid off. The negative trade I have is because the guy scammed me and gave me negative review..
Old   #13

elite*gold: 500
It's a great idea, I like it.
Old   #14

elite*gold: 100
Great update, good job guys!
Old   #15

elite*gold: 53
The Black Market: 197/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSm!th View Post
There are scammers intentionally convincing new forum users to not use the system to avoid negate ratings. Those then want to warn others by posting into the thread. We don't want to censor this kind of feedback anymore. We much rather want everyone to be able to assess the credibility of a given feedback themselves. If you are a legit trade and receive many positive ratings and verified feedback posts, a few wrong unverified feedback posts will not harm your legit reputation.

Not yet, but we are already discussing how to do that.

You don't need to pay with elite*gold to use our system. Using our system just means using our "Request a Trade" feature. Not using it is against our rules anyway and hence not supported whatsoever.
Quote:

And that's why we should all as a forum members popularize requesting trades and making that action visible to everyone (a weekly pm from moderation , about how important creating trade is for every purchase that you do).

Also if everyone can write whatever they like without even trading with some user it means that for example i can just post in everyone on the forum threads that they are scammers , that's completely stupid ... Sorry but it's the truth it's just stupid to allow ppl to do such stuff.

Lastly i can't agree completely with that sentence "If you are a legit trade and receive many positive ratings and verified feedback posts, a few wrong unverified feedback posts will not harm your legit reputation" , as for me noone should be allowed to insult other person of being scammer,thief etc without any proofs.
The best viable proof would be a trade made beetwen seller and a buyer which shows that there was indeed any form of interaction beetwen them.

Otherwise you can just go out and call a random person on street a fking thief without even knowing him "that won't harm his reputation if he is a decent person " , that's not how it work sadly.

Last point of my epic long post , not being rude but there should be something done with the people that have already like 3 ++ negative trades are reported for scamming i see tons of people like that still on the forum without any consequences and if you guys are planning to invite more users to the forum you should also take care of how not to lose them right after they join it .As it happened in the past.

Every attempt to make a step forward is good tho , so that's a big + for trying to do something positive on he forum !