Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Diablo 3 > Diablo 3 Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 18:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Game/Character Mechanics & Theorycrafting

Discussion on [Guide] Game/Character Mechanics & Theorycrafting within the Diablo 3 Guides & Strategies forum part of the Diablo 3 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Game/Character Mechanics & Theorycrafting

[ENGLISH]
Hi there, this is going to be a Collection of Diablo 3 mechanics and other useful information like maxing out DPS/Tanking/Support. Feel free to add useful information and requests on things you like me to add.
Don't comment on the lack on information just yet, give me some days to fill all the important stuff in.

Things included:
Armor/Resi mechanic.

Coming Soon:
Go in detail how Armor/Resi works with different dmg sources ingame and how they stack with each other.
How Dodge/Block stacks and what its really worth.

Basic DPS/Tank Spreadsheet
+Class dependency
+Skillbuild dependency
Useful Inferno tactics.
Classspecific builds to "exploit" combos (like permastun build on wizard, or permlifeleech on barb)
Powerleveling (currently i need 3 hours 0-60 in a 1*lvl 60 + 3*lvl 0 party)

Armor
:
What are diminishing returns?
The answer is simple. As you get more and more points in a sinlge stat (like armor), it will give you less and less benefits. A good example is resilence in WoW.
The main reason i am starting this... no, armor has NO diminishing returns!
First, you need to understand that just because the increase in % damage reduce gets smaller and smaller it doesn't mean that its effect behaves the same. Its not the demage reduction you have to look at, but the increase in survivability, refered to as "effective hit points" (EHP).
So lets assume you have 10000 life, and 1000 armor gives you 50% reduce, then 2000 armor will give you 66,6%. In the first case you will take 50% damage from all sources, in the second only 33,3%. So in order to take down your 10000 life, the first case needs 20000 damage, while the second needs 30000. Basically you can take 100% extra damage for each 1000 armor. (its only 33,3% for real but im to lazy to calculate...) If you can follow me you now understood that armor actually stacks linear.

Proof:

Summary:

Armor stacks linear, every 1000 armor will give you +33,3% EHP against all damage taken from enemys your level.

Resistance
:

Same as armor, (read armor example) but with different numbers.

Proof:

Summary:

Resistance stacks linear, every 100 resistance will give you +33,3% EHP against the damage type it refers to.

[DEUTSCH]
Dies hier wird eine Sammlung aller Spielmechaniken sowie anderen Taktiken und Guides (Maximum DPS/Tank/Support Spreadsheets|Tabellenkalkulationen). Weitere Infos und Verbesserungen können gerne gepostet werden.
Bitte noch nicht wegen der wenigen Infos flamen, ich werde in den folgenden Tagen noch ne Menge stuff hinzufügen.

Armor/Rüstung
:
Was sind eigentlich "diminishing returns" (abnehmenden Erträge)?
Wer Abhärtung in WoW kennt ist vielleicht schon mit dem Prinzip vertraut. Mit steigender Anzahl nimmt der eigentliche Nutzen immer weiter ab.
Das ist der Hauptgrund für diesen Thread, Armor/Rüstung hat keine "diminishing returns".
Das heisst Armor bringt von 5000 auf 6000 den genau gleichen Bonus wie von 1000 auf 2000. Als Beispiel gehen wir von 10000 Leben aus. 1000 armor geben einfach mal theoretisch 50% Schadensreduzierung, und damit 2000 armor logischerweise 66,6%. Bekommt man im ersten Szenario 50% Schaden so sind es im zweiten Fall nurnoch 33,3%. Also braucht es bei 1000 armor 20000 Schaden um das Leben von 10000 auf 0 zu reduzieren und im zweiten 30000. Es gibt also jeweils 100% und 200% Effektives Leben (EHP) dazu. (es sind nur 33% in Dia3 aber ich war zu faul zum umrechnen). Quasi steigt Armor/Rüstung damit Linear also ohne "diminishing returns".

Rechnung:

Kurzfassung:

Armor/Rüstung steigt Linear. Jede 1000 Rüstung bringen 33,3% Effektives Leben (EHP), mit 3000 verdoppelt ihr also den Schaden den ihr aushalten könnt.

Resistenz
:

Das gleiche wie mit Armor/Rüstung, nur das es pro 100 Punkte 33,3% Effektives Leben gibt.

REchnung:

Kurzfassung:

Resistenzen steigen Linear. Jede 100 Punkte Resistenz bringen 33,3% Effektives Leben (EHP) gegen das jeweilige Element

Changelog:
25.05 Start

Thanks
6 Users