Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Emulator for Dekaron

Discussion on Emulator for Dekaron within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 10/30/2011, 00:47   #31

elite*gold: 0
If at all possible, make it an open project that members of the Dekaron community are able to follow and contribute to.
Old 10/30/2011, 00:53   #32

Yeah, agreed.
Old 10/30/2011, 18:57   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Seph= View Post
Well the Dekaronserver is c++. So yea o.o
well, i dont mean to interject any kind of Knowledge, but Python has added compatibility for Java and C++, and was infact written in C++. I do think that once we analyzed the pacjkets themselves, we woul be able to set up an array, and various functions, and have them all imported to one program that called them all, you know with each handlers for each class of exception.

But once again i say that because i am still learning it, and i do think that it would be easyer to build in than C++ or Java.

Any opinions of what i just said please dont hesitate to shoot me down, thats how i learn.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/31/2011, 20:02   #34

well, there are alot of emulators built on Java that seem to run smooth, like WoW, Maplestory, theres others, but these 2 examples kinda show the flexibility of the language, and obviously there are like 4 different WoW emu's out that all prefer to use Java for the language, so even tho i really dont know, i would assume Java to be the standard, not to mention i am pretty sure that Java was developed for such packet sharing technology . . .
Old 11/01/2011, 16:44   #35

elite*gold: 40
It wasn't developed for that specific reason, and people chose JAVA due to it being cross-platform between other operating system (e.g. unix based Operating Systems, which handles servers much more effectively than a Windows based OS). However, if the administrator wishes to host the server on a Windows OS, I'd say JAVA is a bad choice, especially if there's better alternatives available (like C#, very similar to JAVA but with a faster execution time for Windows). Unless compatibility between servers is in question, I'd say JAVA isn't really an ideal solution for running a server despite coding it as efficient as possible. JVM has to emulate the 'compiled' class code which significantly drops performance..
Old 11/06/2011, 14:59   #36

elite*gold: 20
I need the sauce of dekaron's packet decryptor to make it :x
Old 11/06/2011, 15:21   #37

Don't we already have a decrypter?
Old 11/06/2011, 15:38   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioNicX View Post
Don't we already have a decrypter?
And what would be the use of it? When your emulator gets a packet, you need to decrypt it, make a response, encrypt the response, then send it.

A decrypter does no good if it's manual, the emulator needs to decrypt and then encrypt by itself... So I need the sauce, so I could put it into an emulator. Or some decent tutorial how to decrypt packets, so I could make a decrypter myself :P

And no I haven't even started on any emulator. I need to know I can do it before I even start, else it would be a waste of time. :P
Old 11/06/2011, 17:59   #39

Received Thanks: 4,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
And what would be the use of it? When your emulator gets a packet, you need to decrypt it, make a response, encrypt the response, then send it.

A decrypter does no good if it's manual, the emulator needs to decrypt and then encrypt by itself... So I need the sauce, so I could put it into an emulator. Or some decent tutorial how to decrypt packets, so I could make a decrypter myself :P

And no I haven't even started on any emulator. I need to know I can do it before I even start, else it would be a waste of time. :P
Check these out: