Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Passing a6 development to someone who...

Discussion on Passing a6 development to someone who... within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Passing a6 development to someone who...

hi

I'm no longer interested in developing action 6. I'm willing to pass the source to someone who is experienced and skilled enough to keep it up.
I'm not going to release the files just like that to everyone since I know 99% of people here wouldnt know what to do with it.
If you're interested in getting the source (edited a9 databases, loginserver and gameserver sources) then post in here and show me your skills.

obviously the files are nowhere near being complete and there's a LOT to do.
Basically you can walk around and see other players (with their armors, guild, rank and weapon), talk to them, send private messages and GMs can send announcements

Login screen also has a GM notification (like I had on evo)

stuff you need to do to complete it:
errrr the list is huge, but a6 is the perfect place to start since the game is relatively simple compared to a19 for example.
- finish walking (I'll provide instructions on how to do it, I'm just too lazy to do it myself)
- add map handling (currently 1 huge map)
- add skills handling
- add mob AI (its controlled by the client so probably just packet broadcasting, but you can fix vac hack and non aggro this way)
- add PK, dungeon logic, DKSquare and siege (remember, since you have the source code you can add different dungeons, even from a19 etc since the client serves as a display only)

basically the hardest part is already done, the only difficult part is handling skills, but if you have ever played dekaron you should know how they work and figure a custom way to code them. Perhaps you can cut some file handling too since many of them are only for the client.

The server currently uses threading as the networking architecture, meaning each connection has its own thread. it's easy to control and implement, and since dekaron is a small game you wont exceed the capacity and there will be no visible performance degradation (unless you reach 1000+ players online, which is highly unlikely unless you steal ALL of the players from global and every pserver together)

if you need ideas on what you can do later:
offline stores -> just put your items in the store and type a command or right click an item. Server will leave a ghost of your character sitting with shop open. easy to implement if you have the source.
multisiege -> 4 guilds compete in the siege battle, let the best guild get genoa, 2nd best get ardeca, 3rd best get loa and the last get braiken. Each guild can collect taxes from their maps (except for genoa owner, they get taxes from every map)
storage pets+buff pets -> this is entirely doable on a9 files and I made it already. Storage pets can let you access your stash wherever you are. Buff pets give you a buff upon summoning (watch -> )
new dungeons -> Client displays whatever the server tells it to display. Dungeons are 100% server sided so you can even port dungeons from A19 with new logic.
colosseum -> A6 supports colosseum if you add it to the server.
guild houses -> same as above, client displays whatever the server tells it to display.

the requirements are:

VERY good asm x86 knowledge
VERY good C++ knowledge
medium MSSQL knowledge (although the better you are the easier it'll be for you to downgrade the databases)

I will evaluate each candidate and figure out whether or not I can pass it on to them.

I dont expect much response in this thread or in PMs, I realize that dekaron scene has 0 good devs left. I want to pass the files to someone who deserves it because I spent quite a while getting it to this point and I dont want it to be wasted.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/11/2017, 09:18   #2

Nice
Old 09/11/2017, 10:56   #3
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
Yes there are couple of good coders but most of them atm dont wanna spend much more time on DK due to his developement state and also how dekaron is being leaded.
Well i like dekaron but i clearly can see there's not much future as you're doing now by abandon a project you've worked so far on.
Would be good to see an A6 but people will not play dekaron as before so its not much worth the difference of the server, ppl will stick on his "most populated" servers because they have years.

Good idea on passing it to another coder but as i said most of ppl dont want much develop dekaron, and you made an emulator but there's ppl cable of and they didnt did because its a waste of time and time is money as you know
I'm just C# and js coder not much focused on c++ because in my company we are not required to use it but it's still great!

Good luck anyway
Old 09/11/2017, 21:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfisk View Post
Yes there are couple of good coders but most of them atm dont wanna spend much more time on DK due to his developement state and also how dekaron is being leaded.
Well i like dekaron but i clearly can see there's not much future as you're doing now by abandon a project you've worked so far on.
Would be good to see an A6 but people will not play dekaron as before so its not much worth the difference of the server, ppl will stick on his "most populated" servers because they have years.

Good idea on passing it to another coder but as i said most of ppl dont want much develop dekaron, and you made an emulator but there's ppl cable of and they didnt did because its a waste of time and time is money as you know
I'm just C# and js coder not much focused on c++ because in my company we are not required to use it but it's still great!

Good luck anyway
I disagree. every good coder has already left the scene. the most obvious evidence is that if you track updates on every 'good' private server you'll see that they havent released a single CODED update. csv crap doesnt count coz thats a job an accountant could do.

I also disagree that people would stick to most popular servers. as I jsut said private servers have been in a pit for the past 2 years. People are dying to see something fresh (even tho a6 is pretty old) and besides, C++ is way easier to code in than asm, so releasing another big content update wouldnt be considered 'secret knowledge' as it is with asm.

a6 has a huge potential if its utilized by the right person/team and the sheer amount of things you can do with the source code is limited only to what the client can display.
Old 09/11/2017, 23:24   #5
Trade Restricted

As i said dekaron is descreasing the population on pservers even on global one and ppl doesn't care much as you can see you dont raise more than 1000 ppl as rising probably does. I dont care much about dekaron atm in terms of opening servers or developing CSV, i'm just coding stuff around atm working on the big platform CMS to release and after maybe going to release some launcher updater or some kind of tool that is being needed but i do this as side work, i dont really need the money of it because i'd like to see something new and different.
A6 is the best action in my opinion when GameHi did for me one of the good company who died fast and had the best FPS game but dekaron nowdays don't offer much different and who played A6 will remmeber those days but not playing a pure global a6 or moded one back. Maybe i can be wrong but i see the statistics of servers and i can't see much ppl on them.

You can sell it or release to some one and there's ofc good coders who can code in c++ or asm but they won't touch a finger atm for something free or even for dekaron.
Old 09/12/2017, 00:20   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfisk View Post
As i said dekaron is descreasing the population on pservers even on global one and ppl doesn't care much as you can see you dont raise more than 1000 ppl as rising probably does. I dont care much about dekaron atm in terms of opening servers or developing CSV, i'm just coding stuff around atm working on the big platform CMS to release and after maybe going to release some launcher updater or some kind of tool that is being needed but i do this as side work, i dont really need the money of it because i'd like to see something new and different.
A6 is the best action in my opinion when GameHi did for me one of the good company who died fast and had the best FPS game but dekaron nowdays don't offer much different and who played A6 will remmeber those days but not playing a pure global a6 or moded one back. Maybe i can be wrong but i see the statistics of servers and i can't see much ppl on them.

You can sell it or release to some one and there's ofc good coders who can code in c++ or asm but they won't touch a finger atm for something free or even for dekaron.
obviously real coders (not in dekaron scene xd) wont touch it since dekaron lost its monetizing potential a few years ago. I myself work for a company and make weekly 2x as much as Evo was making monthly in the best months.
The offer is targetting students who wanna develop their programming and reversing skills. I was at there at one point and I believe there's more people like me around. I dont wanna sell the source because the money I'd get for the incomplete source is less than I'd make in a regular work day. I dont wanna release it to everyone either because I wanna have some control over the project and explain stuff and give a hand from time to time. And I dont wanna see a private server running on this source without my name in the credits.
Old 09/12/2017, 01:58   #7
Trade Restricted

Well most of the coders and i talk by myself are not searching for money when they like what they do but yea you're right if you do something that you know its going to give work and be lazy to do it free it might be a chance.
Well about see a sv running without ur source it will happen when you release the source you can see some good coder around there but after you send it you dont know what's going to do with it.