Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

unpacked client vs packed client. Performance wise.

Discussion on unpacked client vs packed client. Performance wise. within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
unpacked client vs packed client. Performance wise.

Is it just me? Because I find packed client loads faster and doesn't stutter ingame. When I use difference client which has unpacked data it sometimes stutters in game. It seems it has some troubles reading the entire data folder. Unlike with the packed client, these issue does not happened.

Anyone can explain?
Old 12/30/2009, 19:49   #2

elite*gold: 20
This 'stutter' you're talking about isn't to do with whether the data is packed or not since all the data is loaded into the games memory. As for loading faster, i'm not sure, the game uses ReadFile() so if it's faster when all the directories are packed or not idk.
Old 12/30/2009, 20:05   #3

i find it just depends on how much resource your computer is using that determines how fast you load.
Old 12/30/2009, 20:06   #4

And that also depends on what and how much is being loaded.
Old 12/30/2009, 20:49   #5

unpacket slower packet with 1 .pak faster than packet with 4 or 5 packet.
Old 12/30/2009, 20:58   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellydaniel View Post
unpacket slower packet with 1 .pak faster than packet with 4 or 5 packet.
Because?

I might as well say that a mouse is bigger than an elephant. You need to back-up your statement with some facts mister.
Old 12/30/2009, 22:20   #7

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGuard77 View Post
Because?

I might as well say that a mouse is bigger than an elephant. You need to back-up your statement with some facts mister.

I'm amazed you even understood what he said XD.