Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Laughing at a disclaimer

Discussion on Laughing at a disclaimer within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Laughing at a disclaimer

Just a friendly tip of what you should NOT do on your server.

Dekaron Ultra's disclaimer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Ultra
By entering this website, you electronically sign a legal binding contract, agreeing that you are in no way affiliated with GameHi or Acclaim Corporation. You also agree by entering this site you will not take any action agains this website for it's contents. The contents within this site are privately held, and are not open to private parties or businesses. Violating this contract may result in legal action .

The owners of this website are in no way responsible for the content within. The contents belong to their makers, and were not made by the creators of this site. This site is merely a resource available to those looking for something specific, and nothing more. Should you use the contents of this site, you do so of your own will. The makers of the content of this site, may be subject to prosecution in a court of law, however it is not the responsibility of this site's owners to prosecute anyone.

By using this website, you may be incriminating yourself. The people who use this website, do so anonymously, and can not be prosecuted for any purpose. The owners of this website should intention is to educate it's users. It's owners are in no way active in this website. It is a community of it's own, and self-sustained. There are no fees, dues, charges, promises, guarantees, warranties, or insurances made for this site.

Any staff of GameHi or Acclaim, or it's affiliates enters this website, they violate these terms, and by entering, they electronically sign this legal binding contract, affirming that they meet the requirements, and in no way violate the terms of said contract. Should they still enter this site, they agree to take no action against said website, and if charges should be pressed, they give up the right to use this website's contents as evidence in any court of law. Violation of this contract can and will result in legal action, including a law suit, or criminal persecution.

If you do not agree to these terms, and conditions, and refuse to sign this contract, we ask that you disregard anything you have read or seen on this website, and leave immediatelly. If you can not meet the conditions of this contract, you may not enter, and by doing so, knowingly, you violate this contract, giving us the right to take legal action, at your expense. This website is for educational purposes only. This website is stricly for fun

and will not be used to make money in any way. Copyright (C) 2009 Dekaron Ultra. All Rights Reserved
Alright. Now lets analyze it.

Section 1:
Part 1:
Quote:
By entering this website, you electronically sign a legal binding contract, agreeing that you are in no way affiliated with GameHi or Acclaim Corporation.
What??? That's like saying:
- Hey, I stole your money, now don't you dare come near me, because thats what it says right here, on this crap I wrote.
Yeah, well, really smart , the little problem here is: It's stupid and not logical at all.

Part 2:
Quote:
You also agree by entering this site you will not take any action agains this website for it's contents.
Agains? Oh, just a typo. A really nice disclaimer, with grammar mistakes...

Part 3:
Quote:
The contents within this site are privately held, and are not open to private parties or businesses.
Oh, is that why you downloaded the files from a forum, your client is csv-based and I use it to host my test server? Yeah, it's privately held, got it. You might want to remove that big "Download" button on the left, I don't think that it helps you keep your content "privately held".

Part 4:
Quote:
Violating this contract may result in legal action .
Ok, so the summary is:
"I stole your files and money, but you must not come here to look what I'm doing, because if you do, I will sue you."
Well, you get the point.

Section 2:
Part 5:
Quote:
The owners of this website are in no way responsible for the content within.
Except for downloading and leeching them from Dekaron-Korea, right?

Part 6:
Quote:
The contents belong to their makers, and were not made by the creators of this site.
Well, that's the 1st logic sentence I saw there, except that it also means that you leeched the files?

Part 7:
Quote:
This site is merely a resource available to those looking for something specific, and nothing more. Should you use the contents of this site, you do so of your own will. The makers of the content of this site, may be subject to prosecution in a court of law, however it is not the responsibility of this site's owners to prosecute anyone.
Well, translated to human language, that basically means that they let you use their files however you want, as open-source... I doubt that DK-KR thinks the same way.
Anyway... DK-Ultra, here, in this disclaimer, allow you to use their files for any purpose you want! Go ahead and leech all you want, they are OK with it!

Section 3:
Part 8:
Quote:
By using this website, you may be incriminating yourself.
Well, that's a nice touch to get more players... :/

Part 9:
Quote:
The people who use this website, do so anonymously, and can not be prosecuted for any purpose.
So basically now you are denying part 8 in part 9? Does the admin have a dual personality or something?

Part 10:
Quote:
The owners of this website should intention is to educate it's users.
So, Dekaron-Ultra is an educational program?

Part 11:
Quote:
It's owners are in no way active in this website. It is a community of it's own, and self-sustained. There are no fees, dues, charges, promises, guarantees, warranties, or insurances made for this site.
Alright, so what's with these so called admins, DEVs, GMs, MODs..? And by the way, it it's a "self-sustained" community, who hosts the server? The players? Umm, somehow I don't think so.

Whole section 4:
Part 12:
Quote:
Any staff of GameHi or Acclaim, or it's affiliates enters this website, they violate these terms, and by entering, they electronically sign this legal binding contract, affirming that they meet the requirements, and in no way violate the terms of said contract. Should they still enter this site, they agree to take no action against said website, and if charges should be pressed, they give up the right to use this website's contents as evidence in any court of law. Violation of this contract can and will result in legal action, including a law suit, or criminal persecution.
Same old story that I said in section 1:
"We steal your files and money, but you mustn't sue us or we will sue you for suing us."
Well, I know it's funny and all, but come on! Stop repeating yourself, you said almost the same thing in the 1st section!

Section 5:
Part 13:
Quote:
If you do not agree to these terms, and conditions, and refuse to sign this contract, we ask that you disregard anything you have read or seen on this website, and leave immediatelly.
That's like saying "We know that you saw us stealing money, so please leave and don't tell anyone about it, alright?"
I would put a facepalm here, but it simply wouldn't be enough...
P.S. It's immediately, not immediatelly...

Part 14:
Quote:
If you can not meet the conditions of this contract, you may not enter, and by doing so, knowingly, you violate this contract, giving us the right to take legal action, at your expense.
So, if you have stolen money from someone, and that someone comes to look what you are doing, you will sue him and take more money from him to pay for the court? Yeah... Right...

Part 15:
Quote:
This website is for educational purposes only. This website is stricly for fun and will not be used to make money in any way.
I laughed out loud at this part. Educational purposes only and strictly for fun?
Wow. Simply wow. They have outdone themselves.
Also... will not be used to make money in any way? So what's up with that "Donate for coins" system you guys put up there?
Also, it's strictly, not stricly...

Part 16:
Quote:
Copyright (C) 2009 Dekaron Ultra. All Rights Reserved
Well, I don't even think you know what that means, but DK-KR can f**k you up for that one...

Well, I'm pretty sure we laughed out loud while reading some parts of it...
If you are too bored to read it all, then I still recommend to do so, because it's really funny.

And if some of you think that no one would be dumb enough to make THAT kind of a disclaimer, here is some proof...

Enjoy the laughter this thread may have given you.
Old 12/18/2009, 17:43   #2

elite*gold: 0
RRRRROOOOOFFFFFLLLLL, lol zombe xD nice, xD i laughted **** out of me xDDDD, nice job :P
Old 12/18/2009, 17:58   #3

Received Thanks: 1,876
Part 14 is sweeeeeeeeeeet
once a 12year old kid try to do that you may know him as "adhdkid"
i had allot of fun with him when he was saying that "you'll be hearing from my lawyer"
Old 12/18/2009, 18:18   #4

hahaha..so sweet zombe..xD
Old 12/18/2009, 23:52   #5

elite*gold: 0
Hahah ,Ultra pwned..
Thanks
1 User