Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE]Dekaron Client Validator (Auto Repair Unpacked Clients)

Discussion on [RELEASE]Dekaron Client Validator (Auto Repair Unpacked Clients) within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE]Dekaron Client Validator (Auto Repair Unpacked Clients)

Dekaron Client Validator

Introducing Dekaron Client Validator [DCV], a tool to help players who have client crashes and errors due to corrupted or missing files repair their client without having to download an entire new installer. This tool is perfect for the player with a slow internet connection that takes hours to download a new client. Instead of re-downloading a full client, a player will just run DCV and their client will be repaired in much less time. This tool currently works only with unpacked clients.

Server administrators with an unpacked client who wish to have this tool available for their players can do so very easily. You can even include DCV into your game client and include it among one of the perks for playing your server. DCV is only 1MB in size and can be run directly from your games directory. If you want custom graphics to personalize DCV for your server that can be arranged as well, just contact me as "Anubis" on Dku or reply in this thread.

Requirements to use DCV on your server:
  • You must have an unpacked client.
  • You must have a web server with space enough to host a current unpacked client directory for DCV to download from.
  • You may use a resource hacker to change the graphics, but it must say "dekaron client validator" somewhere visible on the tool's background.
  • You may not de-compile DCV and build a new version of this tool using my source code.

How to setup DCV for use on your server:
  • Client Setup
  1. Download and extract DCV.zip wherever you like on your computer.
  2. Add "dcv.ini" to your client main directory, and add to your updates so users will download it to their client on your next patch.
  3. Open "config.ini" in notepad and change lines one and two for your server.
  4. Run dcv.exe, DO NOT CLICK GO!
  5. Click File, and select "Generate Hash Key".
  6. Wait while DCV scans your Dekaron directory and generates a SHA1 Hash key for every file in your client.
  7. When DCV completes, you will have a new folder next to dcv.exe named "hash".
  8. Check to ensure "hash" folder contains 3 files, hash1.dcv, hash2.dcv, hash3.dcv.
  • Web Server Setup
  1. ​Create a new directory named "dcv/".
  2. Place a copy of your client unpacked into dcv/.
  3. Directory should be setup as such: ... or ...
  4. Config.ini must point to the last folder before your dcv/ folder, ie would meain config.ini points to
  5. Upload the "hash" folder created above to your dcv/ directory as such: ...dcv/hash/hash1.dcv

Once setup is complete I recommend adding dcv.exe, config.ini, and dcv.ini to your Dekaron install directory within your client download to allow players use of this tool.

Using DCV to validate your Dekaron client
  • First check if your client has "dcv.ini" in the game's main directory, if it is there, then you can use DCV to validate and auto-repair your game client.
  • A player should get a config.ini from their server's website to ensure proper web addressing.
  • Click "File > Download Test" to ensure your config.ini is set to the correct web address.
  • Click "GO", sit back and relax while DCV checks your client for you!
  • *note: DCV saves a copy of your directory to save you time in subsequent runs of the program, if you think a file is missing or DCV cannot find a file, click "File>Reset" and then "GO" to rebuild your directories list.

It's as easy as that! Make your players happy and save them time downloading new clients by letting DCV fix their client errors for them.

*Note: This program can be used to check & repair any game client for any game that uses an unpacked architecture, not just Dekaron. All you need to is set it up properly using those game files and you're good to go.

Download:

Virus Total:

*I just made this in the last two days, so there has not been super extensive testing done, if you find a bug post it here and I'll try to get it fixed and an updated version to you as soon as I can.

Update 10/29: Fixed program crash during initial directory creation.

Thanks
10 Users
Old 10/28/2011, 11:35   #2

@@ is it for who hosts a pserver ?

Old 10/28/2011, 11:42   #3

It's for anyone, but in order to use it the server your're playing on has to setup a web server with the correct hash key to check against and files to download to replace invalid files.

It's currently setup on Evolution as Ike set it up for me to run tests. So, other servers will have to set it up before you can use it with their clients.
Old 10/28/2011, 17:29   #4

Awesome job as always JB!

Old 10/28/2011, 18:19   #5

I've updated the main post, I forgot to add in information about 'dcv.ini' which must be placed in your dekaron game directory for dcv to work. The program does a quick check for this file in the location you set as the directory to make sure it's the right place. Sorry I forgot to include that file originally and write about it, that's what I get for posting at 4am...

I've updated the .zip download so it now included 'dcv.ini' and a newer dcv.exe. I've updated the links as well as a new VirusTotal scan. If you've already downloaded dcv for your server, please re-download and use this new version.
Old 10/28/2011, 21:59   #6

Nice one jb keep it up. Long time no talk brother.
Old 10/28/2011, 22:13   #7

Oh hey! Haven't talked with you in forever. I sent you my new msn in a pm, hit me up.
Old 10/29/2011, 15:28   #8

Well it generates the Directory list, but when it trys to save em it crashes :C
Old 10/29/2011, 16:11   #9

Can you give me more details on your crash? With some more info I'll be able to fix it for your system.

*edit: nevermind on that, I think I found your problem. Uploading a new version now.

*edit2: New version uploaded as well as a new VirusTotal. It should work now for you, one of the downsides of not having other people test this. I fixed the file creation to use direct paths for creating the directory rather than a relative path, also a check on whether there is a directory issue it will create a new one.
Old 10/29/2011, 20:42   #10

It got further, but now it crash at wring hash3.dcv(It never completes). No error just a "Application stoped working".
Old 10/29/2011, 21:43   #11

Fixed that issue. uploaded again...

I apologize for that, when I fixed your first problem I inadvertently created that other crash by changing some of the code for writing that section and mistakenly leaving out a "\\" in part of the directory name. File.Open(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "folder\\filename.ext") == a crash...
Old 10/29/2011, 22:50   #12

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier4lif3 View Post
Fixed that issue. uploaded again...

I apologize for that, when I fixed your first problem I inadvertently created that other crash by changing some of the code for writing that section and mistakenly leaving out a "\\" in part of the directory name. File.Open(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "folder\\filename.ext") == a crash...
You don't need GetCurrentDirectory in C#... You could do something like
Code:
string[] file = File.ReadAllLines(@"./bin/option.txt");
as an example
Old 10/29/2011, 23:08   #13

Yes, you could.

« [Question] VAC/Non-Aggro problems | who can helpme with it. »