Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

If I were to start up a private server...

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
If I were to start up a private server...

What would I need? I would intend to start up from my end so no dedicated hosting or such like. I intend it to be for quite a small group of friends.

In particular I'm looking for some start up specifications as to what my server would need in order to run the server files and a length search revealed...not a lot to go on.

Thank you for reading.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
if you want the machine to run the server only then you wont need much ram or a fast processor, 512mb of ram and 1ghz processor is fine to load the server files, if you want it to run the server and you wanna play on the same machine, then you'd need something better, I can run 3 clients and server on my pc with 2gb ram and 2.13ghz dual core processor. if you want to know how to set up a server, then it's time to look at stickies. that'll help for sure.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

512 huh. Looks like I'm going to have to debate with one my machines. (Hammer and chisel).

Thanks for the information, it is the former I'm planning on, I have a few machines lying around.
Old   #4

512mb ram? ROFL! Try 1.5gig ram minimum. 99% of cast/dekaron servers out there use far more RAM than they should. The 1% that dont are private and not released to the public.
So unfortunatly unless you have the experience to create your own (Because the publicly released server exe's are 100% trash) you're looking at 1.5gig ram minimum required.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

I've been informed that Dekaron is best run on a 3.5gb with page filing turned on <.< so I'm getting some sketchy idea's about minimum here XD
Old   #6

To run it well for around 100 players yes you would require between 3-4gig ram but as you are apparently only hosting it for a small group of friends then 1.5gig and a ****** set of server files will serve you well.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

Is 1ghz processor fine? Just like to confirm.
Old   #8

you dont need a lot of ram, just set your page file to 4gb and you're good to go.
Old   #9

Received Thanks: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro1223 View Post
512mb ram? ROFL! Try 1.5gig ram minimum. 99% of cast/dekaron servers out there use far more RAM than they should. The 1% that dont are private and not released to the public.
So unfortunatly unless you have the experience to create your own (Because the publicly released server exe's are 100% trash) you're looking at 1.5gig ram minimum required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChildheart View Post
I've been informed that Dekaron is best run on a 3.5gb with page filing turned on <.< so I'm getting some sketchy idea's about minimum here XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro1223 View Post
To run it well for around 100 players yes you would require between 3-4gig ram but as you are apparently only hosting it for a small group of friends then 1.5gig and a shitty set of server files will serve you well.
another one talking who thinks he is a real pro

512 IS enough! why? look at the stupid task manager what happens!
the dekaronserver exe loads all the crappy data, and then saves it in the pagefile file. why does the server need mapredcells and all that stuff?

i'd recommend 1 gig of ram IF the database server isn't on the same machine. IF the database server is on the same machine, then go up to 1,25 (sql server 2000) or 1,5g (sql server 2005).

the sql 2k server is more then enough. the gameserver was designed for that database engine, and if you're installing a newer version, then you're just wasting resources.
it's like buying a corei7 cpu and using a onboard-graphic card and asking yourself why the games are unplayable.
or putting a 80-y-old man into a Ferrari. he won't drive the car. he'll just slide wit it.

anyways. there are a lot of interesting infos in the stickies.

PS: don't come with a dual-quad-core bullshit
500mhz is enough to run such server.
almost everything runs client-sided. so no big need for a cpu
Old   #10

Silkbotter fell for the troll XD

Thanks for the information, I've been reading the stickies but there's very little information on requirements. One thing I have noticed from what I've heard between admins is that Dekaron only uses one core at a time so unless you're planning two channels on the same server there's not much point.

The analogy made me laugh ^_^
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 4,719
I'm a trollmaster
always been..seeing so much nonsense and false informations from people who claim to know what they're talking about

not only 2 channels. you could run more then one server on one server.
inception