Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > DayZ
You last visited: Today at 09:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Arma 2: DayZ Zombie Survival - awesome multiplayer

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arma 2: DayZ Zombie Survival - awesome multiplayer

Hi all,

I did copy the informations from another thread and think it speaks for itself. Since i did buy Arma 2 a while ago, I had to test this myself ...and seriously this game is awesome. .
Iam a reader of this page since a while and thought this would be interesting.

Quote:
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Arma 2: DayZ a Zombie Survival Game

The free modification DayZ for the military fps/sim game Arma 2, catapults the game into the top selling charts at number 1 currently on Steam. In an open and huge sandbox world with 225km² are living not only Zombies, but most of all real Players which are taking part in the survival of an Apocalyptic World. It is not soelely a survival aginst Zombie hordes, its is also a struggle between players. The game world offers nont only a huge world, but also a weather system and day & night cycle, the options to make fire to prepare food, medical aid, all kind of weapons...you can even build vehicles and your own helicopter to fly around. Communication is possible with direct Voice or chat. There is a huge freedom for players and many things lies in their own hands.

The survival is hard, there is a lack of food, ammunition and medical aid. It is possible to "save" his character in the game world, which means you can transfer your character aswell to all other available servers, but the death is not banal.

The merciless "permadeth" system ensures that if players die in the apocalyptic game world, all the loot which you captured is lost and the character restarts from scratch with basic gear. You can die aswell if you dont eat and drink.

What first sounds frustrating, delivers a really nerve-wracking excitement. The additional emergent gameplay leads to the most fascinating game expierince in the last years !

The game industry should be on the alert: A new birth of a multiplayer trend is currently happening.

Alright, Iam sure some of you did hear about Arma 2: DayZ and I did start playing this game almost a week ago. First I was scpetical, but all I can say, it is really awesome. You really should check this out. There are currently 150-200 servers already with more than 130.000 unique players registered in just 2-3 weeks and growing numbers. All without any advertising or marketing, the developoer of this mod was creating it and thought maybe a only some hundreds will play his modification. The success of the mod reminds me on HalfLife and its mod releases more than ten years ago.

Anyone else is playing it ? I think this game is an important step this year and offers gameplay which player are looking for.

PCGamer Interview:

Interesting Read:

Some Videos:

Old   #2

elite*gold: 7
This Game rocks!