Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 02:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Future Rankingsystem and how it will influence your Account

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Future Rankingsystem and how it will influence your Account

Hey guys, I just wanted to share, if you haven't noticed yet; in the Activty-Achievements under the last category 'various' (Diverse for germans) there are titles called "earlier-" colonel, chief colonel, basic general- general. (Coming back on this later in this post)

The Darkorbit team didn't communicate exactly how they are going to manage Rankpoint system after the Servermerge. This offcourse leads to some more questions and speculations. Id rather not go into detail but I do have a connection in real life that allows me to have some conversations about the process. That said, offcourse intern secrets have to be kept, so it's not like I'm verifing any of the following statements as 100% Valid / Leaked informations. Also I want to mention that I only hear "ideas and concepts", these have to be tested in multiple ways, like technical possibility (I don't get any clear infos about that) and offcourse finances, wich according to my Source (and I quote) "Works in mysterious ways human perception can't comprehend, most likely joined the dark force who gave the power to make up connections in game-irellevant statistics"

It's going to be a bit of Brainstorming and experimenting with records of existing data on virtual servers, with much tweaking and fine tuning. For Example; you get Points for every day your Account exists. Offcourse older Servers get an advantage here except the devs change it somehow. Now in theory there's multiple options: cut it out of the equation completely, or give Accounts that were registered on older Servers less multiplier for one day compared to Accounts on the same merged server that were registered on younger servers. In addition, you could also just let it be how it is, depending
on what solution works best in combination with all other Values that may or may not be changed.

You could use this logic on any factor of Rankpoint calculation, it's going to be quite complicated to balance out the fact that older Servers had more time to gain RP, while Younger Servers were much more time-efficient from the beginning. This whole process includes determeting what Servers will be fused together, thats why there is still no information if there will be let's say 1 big german server or 2. Smaller Servergroups like UK may be integrated into Global Europe in some way. One almost certain thing is that GE1 and GA1 will stay standalone.

Note: The Part above was about as much "intern info" I get, from now on I'm just guessing what could happen because i dont get any clear answer, even if everything is allready planed out and its just a server stability thing nobody outside will know before Oficcial Anouncements.

Okay, now back to the Achievements mentioned. Obviously they are ment to show that you were a high rank on previous servers. That makes sense, because other "Hardcore" players in those high ranks have huge amount of Points too, so naturally there will be more UVE gate freaks being statisticall compared to each other.

Only a certain percentage of the whole population can have a rank, this means (asumed with NO change in Calculation system) high ranked Accounts on the later Servers may fall, depending on how much more RP an avarage XServer 1 player has now compared to an avarage XServer 5. This could lead to a drastic drop, again, to be certain how bad it affects you would have to do the math behind that, and you cant do that without knowing what and even if the calculation values are changed.

In the same scenario people with middle tier gray ranks can expect a promotion. If the server merge results in more activity, not only because more people play together, but because people bored by dead servers come back, chances are you maybe even rise by quite a few ranks. If there are more people with lower ranks, you profit.

Alternative Scenario that seem somewhat reasonable for me would be Sergeant (first Big grey V) being the first rank, simply because of the psychologic fact that a higher rank will motivate you more. This would also mean easier High ranks and would be another explenation for the Achievment starting at "earlier-Colonel", meaning -> I was 1/2/3 Star when there was not three times as much players with my rank, you merge-noobs
(altough this is maybe a bit utopic from my point of view)

I guess im done here.

Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/10/2018, 03:17   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice and interesting things that you´re writing there. But I don´t believe anything until it´s released in Darkorbit Well first I hated the fact to only get some stupid title "Legacy General". But now I somehow think it could be nice. Let´s wait and see what happens.

« CandyBot Guide [game settings, bot settings, suggestions etc.] | Golem dead? »