Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 00:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server merge is real | the 3 (or 4) only and new Dark Orbit Servers !

Discussion on Server merge is real | the 3 (or 4) only and new Dark Orbit Servers ! within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Server merge is real | the 3 (or 4) only and new Dark Orbit Servers !

Thanks
20 Users
Old 04/26/2017, 23:13   #2

It's happening

I can't wait
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/26/2017, 23:16   #3

More Players More XP

More Palladium More GG

Finnally BP, you fcking wake up!
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/26/2017, 23:40   #4

let's just hope they will not kill it in the egg
Old 04/27/2017, 00:17   #5

When ?
Old 04/27/2017, 00:37   #6

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
On the other hand u have to also think about negatives. E.g.
More players on maps - less uri gaining
More players on 1 server - more uri/money needed for good rank.
More lags
New players will have hard start with all the ppl hunting over all maps.
Multi comp clans gonna mess the pvp fun even more - u shoot enemy and then own comp shoots u
No more chance for solo fighters- with so many ppl on maps it will be simply impossible to hunt alone
More languages on 1 server (it will be big countrywars most likely - kebaps vs baguetes vs pizzas vs tacos etc.)
No more free cubing (enjoy geting 30uri /cube with all those ppl on it)
More bugs
More and more other things

I cant say that merges are not a good idea but from 40 servers down to 3 servers is prety stupid... Make it GE1 (All GEs), GA1(All GAs), Germany1(All De), Turkey1(All Turkey) etc.

Also for me this news doesnt look so realistic, I mean who even confirmed it?

Edit:

So most of the info is probably a fake cuz comm. managers knows more than some mods who told u this.
Thanks
11 Users
Old 04/27/2017, 01:23   #7

This is real? Looks crazy merge all European Servers in one. If they do well it will be the rebirth of darkorbit
Old 04/27/2017, 03:00   #8

I can say that this info not really realistic. And not correct information.

Well lets say the European servers.

GE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are the most known in europe. BUT Don't forget do have also the spain servers, the polish servers, the cz servers, hungarian servers and more. So if you combine the all EU servers in 1 big server then DO should not be able to stay 12 hours offline, because they need to manually transfer 48 SERVERS to get MEGA EUROPE. Trust me they need few days to get it finally done.

I also heard that this information is guaranteed fake.

Please consider my answer neutral, because i don't say it's fake, but critical i'm just critical.
Old 04/27/2017, 05:30   #9

3 big servers in darkorbit ... in the end a mega server of darkorbit ,,,,,, way to eve on line?
What a joy
Old 04/27/2017, 07:17   #10

The Black Market: 236/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,570
Quote:
Accounts in the United States (WEST) and US or Mexican servers will be moved to the North America server; Accounts in the America (LESTE) instances except the US servers will be moved to the South America server; Accounts in Europe (WEST and EAST) will be moved to the Europa server.
If the information is really true like you said, then it would be awesome *.* . But i think they will separate some european servers, because we have RU1-6, TR1-6 (Some servers are active - like ge1), DE1-7, GE1-7, FR1-4, ES1-4.

South America would be awesome
, because many people are there active with no skills *.*
+ the rankpoints are really lower then EU servers (BR1&2,GA5,GA1 aren't so high)

North America is still **** hahaha

Old 04/27/2017, 07:19   #11

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2017, 08:12   #12

The Black Market: 186/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiziDD. View Post
If the information is really true like you said, then it would be awesome *.* . But i think they will separate some european servers, because we have RU1-6, TR1-6 (Some servers are active - like ge1), DE1-7, GE1-7, FR1-4, ES1-4.

South America would be awesome
, because many people are there active with no skills *.*
+ the rankpoints are really lower then EU servers (BR1&2,GA5,GA1 aren't so high)

North America is still shit hahaha

I don't know anything. And I think they will put at least more than Ge1-GE7 together, cuase if you put DE1-DE7 together, the player activity isnt that big.

@: I will sum up your comment, Dutch Legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Legend
"This is info is not realistic and not true. I don't know anything about programing. I heard this is guaranteed fake. Please consider my comment as completely useless."
Unless you can guarantee and say this is fake, I will still claim this as legit

My statement: BP has many servers (as you already noticed). But all those resources don't vanish. They put all data in one (of 3 or 4 servers) on one. This could safe performance to make it run smoother, or not. I think this is not clear and I would not say anything else about that. But a problem we would have with this combination is that if somebody experience server sides problems, more player will get to experience them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
More lags
Multi comp clans gonna mess the pvp fun even more - u shoot enemy and then own comp shoots u
No more chance for solo fighters- with so many ppl on maps it will be simply impossible to hunt alone
More languages on 1 server (it will be big countrywars most likely - kebaps vs baguetes vs pizzas vs tacos etc.)
More bugs

I cant say that merges are not a good idea but from 40 servers down to 3 servers is prety stupid... Make it GE1 (All GEs), GA1(All GAs), Germany1(All De), Turkey1(All Turkey) etc.

More players on maps.... There will be bigger maps, new maps. But it's not going to be like before merge. But maybe like before before before merch, where I had to fly on the edge of the minimap from x-2 to x-4 to not get killed. I mean you can't get both ...

In terms of ranking... if they really get this together, they will rework the rank system. They won't be able to get completely rid of the ranks, but one temporary rank and one oldschool rank would be a (for me) common option.

New players... Yes. (but remember Gate Orbit)

Clans... maybe.

Solo fighting... yes, I fully agree with you. But that is also because more and more people have UFE accounts. You can keep the game pay to win or make it more accessable.

@: I know you didn't really wanted to discuss it, cause this are mostly legit arguments. But I think it's better to give also another view to this topic, since I took a step back from the game, I try to see it more positive
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2017, 08:40   #13

elite*gold: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
More lags
More bugs

I might disagree with the rank thing, since they already said that the honor won't affect to the rank anymore + they still reset. They thought that the rank would be only achieved with player kills, though this is just speculating, I can't say it for sure. But the only thing what players want (except the generals lol) is that the rank is gained by shooting something else than Galaxy Gates.

More bugs? I might disagree that as well, almost all servers has the same bugs, and if there's only like 4 servers, some different bugs will be very easily get fixed, as there's less and less servers to go through.

More lag? Of course there's more lag, because of the players, but again, as they have less servers, they might also do their best to cut it down.

New players have hard time? They have had it since 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013... Regards me. Nothing has changed except that on smaller servers you get yourself FE with 3 hours of playtime.

No more chance for solo fighters? When exactly this have happened in general? Like I still have seen in bigger servers where good fighters takes out even 3vs1, and there's still a lot of people that nobody even cares at all. And maybe this just expands the clans in general.

Multicomp clans would get their death eventually. I think that soon the BP will start realizing also that point of view. It's a real problem though.

More languages? Nah, remember that we still have our local chat except on Turkish, German, Russian etc. servers.

No more free cubi? Let's see.

Although the maps have been hinted before, I wasn't expecting anything like this.

Still waiting, but I am still a bit skeptical.
Old 04/27/2017, 09:00   #14

Received Thanks: 2,658
OP32 said that there will be 10 servers instead of 40, so i don't think that there will be mega-servers (unless they change their opinion, idk)

About lag: As the guy on the top said yes, there may be more lag but they also have to manage less servers so they may do a good work (while i was writing this idk why i smiled hahahhahaha)

About population: I recommend you guys to bot now because later, especially on the begining of the merge it will be harder as there will be more players active on maps. It can also be a problem on x-6, but i think that if 2-3 clans get alliance there no noob will touch the cubikon hahahha

About multicompany clans: I like multicompny clans because on my server it is the best way to play and does not harm any1. Anyways this "problem" will be automatically solved by itself, as there more players, the less impact a multicompany clan will have.

More bugs: for sure there will be more bugs, but they also have 6 months to ensure that they are only a few.....This is darkorbit and darkorbit == bugs, something which is part of this game and i really think that if there weren't bugs we'd miss them

About languages on chat. A new chat system is currently under development, we will see what it is. Anyways the priority while merging will be: First same language then to a global server, so it will not be a problem

New players: as they will appear on the same server it will be easier for them to grow up as they will have the chance to play with another n00bs, something which is currently not happening

Agent tim idk where u got that information but i really think that there are information which is not correct. Anyways there is still a lot of time before the merge so everything may change. We'll see
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/27/2017, 10:08   #15

As far as I recall they did mention a new rank system in one of their twitch broadcasts. It is supposed to be reset monthly and the current high ranks (colonel+) will be rewarded with a special symbol for their achievements.

Well. Maybe this is not up to date anymore but I am sure there was something like this and it came from DO officials.. At least it would fit perfectly well with the server merge announced(?) here

~just my cup of tea regarding the rank issues ^^

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread