Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 23:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server merge informations

Discussion on Server merge informations within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 04/02/2017, 12:28   #16

elite*gold: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeat138 View Post
Meh not really a friend of the idea, i liked to be able to shoot NPCs without being killed all 5 Minutes, only one who profits are UFE players while even more small people will leave because it will gett less and less possible to enjoy the game as casual user without Bot or Banking. If I want a populated server I would have startet on Ge/Ga1 in the first place... Well let's see how excactly they are going to merge the Servers, untill then i will farm the s*** out of Kristallons as long as I still can.
That is a problem, because many UFE players are too selfish and arrogant just because:

1. They're UFE.
2. They are a part of big clan

Yes, it is a problem nowadays, because you need to climb so much, back in the days it could have been more easier, because not so much to achieve, if the current system like nowadays auction, offers and so on would be in the game.

I can admit that sometimes even I shoot the low players, but not because they're low, but just because I know they're botters or they shoot my Cubikons. Simple question, why? I don't use real money to this game, and I don't have ammo to waste everytime to everything when I try to fight against pay to win game. It becomes important that I get single piece of Uridium from my Cubikons, it's my first time when my MCB-25 ammo is running out.

I don't have anything to fight with, so I can't defend my territory if someone comes to take it from me. That's why my only hope is I can shoot Cubikons as long as I can, because after server merge one of these happens:

1. Everyone shoots them.
2. The bigger clan shoots them.

Less Uridium until I start to use better ammo. It's a sad fact that once you're in the bottom, it's hard to get up from there in DarkOrbit.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2017, 12:29   #17

elite*gold: 0
Well let's wait it out and see, maybe it willl be good after all I'm just sceptical because that wouldnt be the first time BP announced a good idea but then ****** up to realize it properly...

Edit 4 _-trolled-_: Offcourse, it's still a PVP game and I have no problem being shot once in a while, but on some servers you literally die all 5 minutes and I made some of my Accounts on unpopulated servers just to get arround that, now this probably wont be an option in the future...
Old 04/02/2017, 12:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeat138 View Post
Well let's wait it out and see, maybe it willl be good after all I'm just sceptical because that wouldnt be the first time BP announced a good idea but then ****** up to realize it properly...
That is another story too. My hopes aren't high either, even though at the same time I'm happy. I don't want to count the amount of bugs after that, but they said the downloadable client is coming after end of 2018, so I guess after that at least some bugs is fixed.
Old 04/02/2017, 17:36   #19

The Black Market: 387/2/0
Received Thanks: 3,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-trolled-_ View Post
I don't have anything to fight with, so I can't defend my territory if someone comes to take it from me. That's why my only hope is I can shoot Cubikons as long as I can, because after server merge one of these happens:
just pee on your territory and people will know it's yours.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 04/03/2017, 08:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshо View Post
just pee on your territory and people will know it's yours.
Then the whole game would be my territory.
Old 04/03/2017, 23:43   #21

They mentioned on the official forums that they are delaying the new updates and focus on fixing bugs first. Let's see if they really do that but I have high hopes. They also mentioned they must do those fixes before they can do server merging etc.
Old 04/04/2017, 06:45   #22

elite*gold: 35
let's not forget that Darkorbit had issues supporting just the GE1 server. With merges, they will need a greater capacity. I feel people would throw a tantrum, especially from dead servers who just wanna kill cube's all day. Not to mention some servers are located in different areas.

Example: USA WEST -- California
The logical merge here would be with east servers, but where is the server gonna be located. It would just cost them money to move hardware.

The only logical merges are going to be the less populated servers with each other in the same region.

Ex --> East 1 + East 2 + East 3 ---------- SK servers etc.

Cz 1 + Cz2 + Cz3

german servers would most likely be split up, as theyre more populated. As well with Russian/Turkish servers.

Only my opinion, I'm curious what you guys think a solution would be for the more dense servers, and avoiding the backlash from people who don't want this.

Regards,

Snow
Old 04/04/2017, 08:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman- View Post
let's not forget that Darkorbit had issues supporting just the GE1 server. With merges, they will need a greater capacity. I feel people would throw a tantrum, especially from dead servers who just wanna kill cube's all day. Not to mention some servers are located in different areas.

The logical merge here would be with east servers, but where is the server gonna be located. It would just cost them money to move hardware.

The only logical merges are going to be the less populated servers with each other in the same region.

Cz 1 + Cz2 + Cz3

german servers would most likely be split up, as theyre more populated. As well with Russian/Turkish servers.

Only my opinion, I'm curious what you guys think a solution would be for the more dense servers, and avoiding the backlash from people who don't want this.

Regards,

Snow
No matter what happens there will be unhappy people. That's how life is - everybody has different likes and you simply cannot satisfy everybody. In my opinion merging the servers is the better option, as new people just don't find the joy playing solo. At least I didn't and seeing people with far better ships just made me desire having that => made me work harder to achieve this goal.

But in the end that's just my opinion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2017, 09:48   #24

elite*gold: 76
Quote:

Cz 1 + Cz2 + Cz3

Regards,

Snow
DE1 is kinda populated. The rest is empty.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2017, 19:57   #25

elite*gold: 35
@ Considering that people in top user would be affected the most by the merge, Darkorbit would consider their opinions more than others. As they most likely spend the most money in the game. A Merge would benefit most of the population though, but to support this they have to add new maps or new npc's to keep up with the demand. GE1 for instance, good luck cubing by yourself.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/08/2017, 07:39   #26

Quote:
@ Considering that people in top user would be affected the most by the merge, Darkorbit would consider their opinions more than others. As they most likely spend the most money in the game. A Merge would benefit most of the population though, but to support this they have to add new maps or new npc's to keep up with the demand. GE1 for instance, good luck cubing by yourself.
Good point there. I agree 100%!
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2017, 15:17   #27

Received Thanks: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-trolled-_ View Post
That is a problem, because many UFE players are too selfish and arrogant just because:

1. They're UFE.
2. They are a part of big clan

Yes, it is a problem nowadays, because you need to climb so much, back in the days it could have been more easier, because not so much to achieve, if the current system like nowadays auction, offers and so on would be in the game.

I can admit that sometimes even I shoot the low players, but not because they're low, but just because I know they're botters or they shoot my Cubikons. Simple question, why? I don't use real money to this game, and I don't have ammo to waste everytime to everything when I try to fight against pay to win game. It becomes important that I get single piece of Uridium from my Cubikons, it's my first time when my MCB-25 ammo is running out.

1. Everyone shoots them.
2. The bigger clan shoots them.

Less Uridium until I start to use better ammo. It's a sad fact that once you're in the bottom, it's hard to get up from there in DarkOrbit.
There's LoW gate which you can make perfectly fine solo, and make similar amount of uridium as you'd make on Cubes, while it's guaranteed to be free 24/7. Unless they remove it, because for some reason "no one does it".
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2017, 15:51   #28

I love it, someone wants to buy one of my SK 2 UBER UFE's for 500 Euro

XDD

lel, that will be amazing finally population.
Old 04/10/2017, 13:52   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliG-DO View Post
There's LoW gate which you can make perfectly fine solo, and make similar amount of uridium as you'd make on Cubes, while it's guaranteed to be free 24/7. Unless they remove it, because for some reason "no one does it".
but one needs to be in a group in order to go inside of the gate, am i wrong?
Old 04/10/2017, 13:53   #30

Received Thanks: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshо View Post
but one needs to be in a group in order to go inside of the gate, am i wrong?
no your not wrong, you have to be in a group
So solo is no option anymore...