Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 13:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Tutorial] Netty Based Server

Discussion on [Tutorial] Netty Based Server within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 08/17/2016, 18:26   #46

elite*gold: 0
The 2.0 NettyBase will come soon, I got stuck into some bugs but it will come very soon =).

I currently got full support of multiplayer, added DB, NPCs + basic AI, PET, ship warp.

As soon as I fix the bugs in Pet and ship warp I will release it.

Much thanks to Yuuki for helping me with the update
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/19/2016, 14:48   #47

PS: There is a bug in PET's movement that I forgot to fix in that version and will fix in the next. It crashes emu and it won't be too hard to find ^^.

PS2: Forgot to mention to I implanted chat but didn't make it work because I was too lazy :3

Good luck :*
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/19/2016, 15:40   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post

PS: There is a bug in PET's movement that I forgot to fix in that version and will fix in the next. It crashes emu and it won't be too hard to find ^^.

Good luck :*
You have done a good job! (I like your MovementController.cs)

Why are you using Dictionaries (Non-thread safe) in a multiplayer game?
You should use ConcurrentDictionary from System.Collections.Concurrent or use locks.
Old 10/25/2016, 22:17   #49

elite*gold: 33
Is this thread still up-to-date ?
DL ist somehow broken (404)
Old 10/25/2016, 23:43   #50

The Black Market: 128/2/3
Received Thanks: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456789thread View Post
08/19/2016, 15:40

Was the last post, send a PM to the topic starter and ask that question instead of bumping an old thread ^^
Old 10/26/2016, 14:15   #51

Quote:
Everything got broken when I changed hosting soo.. I don't think to I will keep it up anyways since nobody is really interested in the project. If I see a sign of life I will bring it back to life.
Old 10/26/2016, 19:40   #52

elite*gold: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
Everything got broken when I changed hosting soo.. I don't think to I will keep it up anyways since nobody is really interested in the project. If I see a sign of life I will bring it back to life.
Well. I really would like to download the project, to see what it acutally does.
I stayed out of this section for quite a long time and really would like to come back into it.

Best regards,
Old 10/27/2016, 16:07   #53

Quote:
Well. I really would like to download the project, to see what it acutally does.
I stayed out of this section for quite a long time and really would like to come back into it.

Best regards,
I will put it on github at some point of time. PM me and I will give you the base if I still have it. I upgraded the source a lot and it's now a nearly fully working PvPve server..