Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > Other Trading > Coders Trading
You last visited: Today at 16:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Java Application for Android <--> Linux communication over USB

Discussion on Java Application for Android <--> Linux communication over USB within the Coders Trading forum part of the Other Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,876
Java Application for Android <--> Linux communication over USB

Heyho together,

I am an experienced developer, so I kind of know what to do and how to do it. But I want to outsource as much as possible and this part of my project is easily outsourceable I guess.

So just to sum up in a few words my whole project is about developing a self-driving car with almost no code from "experts" (only kind of general purpose libraries). This project does not aim for profit nor for any kind of usage. It is only for learning and having fun. For more details you may want to visit my blog (at the moment the blog is 80% german, 20% english. However I am working at translation):

I searched a lot and tried different cams for my purpose (filming street while driving) and came across an easy but great advise: "Use your smarthpone cam as this cam is normally really sensitive to low-light areas and has great autofocus/auto balancing/ ... for no cost".

So this is what I want to do. I want to connect my Android-Phone with my Linux computer and send images to my Linux (atm Ubuntu) computer. Google kind of says that it works and because my Android-Phone is rooted with LineageOS installed (Future of CyanogenMod), this should not be any problem.

So what I am looking for is a developer who is able to code and guide me through two different steps:

1. Code a basic (basic is enough!) communication module for communication between my phone and my computer over USB + taking images + sending images. The code for phone and computer should be C/C++ or Java.
2. Give me a really short overview what I have to install and what things I have to take care of (I guess adb is the best solution?). Because I have like no experience in this area.

That is all, I am also able to deliver you a few code snippets I found online:

As I told you earlier, I am not a novice nor a beginner in programming. However I never ever came in touch with Android programming and therefore have like no experience. That is why I search for someone who can tackle this step for me.

What I offer:
- You will get mentioned in my blog/project
- You are able to get "free advertisement" (I will add you to my "Partner" section). My blog is quite small (only 500 clicks per day whereof a total of 200 clicks are "real clicks" (so no search engine or similar)).
- I will pay you all my e*gold (+ 10-20€ PSC/E-Gold depending on quality)
- Some more detail insights in my project.

Hopefully someone is able to get rid of this (for me) annoying part.