Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates > CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits
You last visited: Today at 21:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] TQ Package Manager (WDF, DNP, WDB, TPI/TPD)

Discussion on [Release] TQ Package Manager (WDF, DNP, WDB, TPI/TPD) within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
[Release] TQ Package Manager (WDF, DNP, WDB, TPI/TPD)

WDF, DNP, TPI/TPD
There is a WDF extractor since a long time, but, we never saw any way to create our own WDF packages. I decided to release an application that will be able to manage the old WDF packages and the new TPI/TPD packages. With this tool, you'll be able to create your own packages and to extract some files. (N.B. The application uses my CO2_CORE_DLL)

At Fang's request, I added the support of DNP packages.

How to extract files?
First, select the format that the application have to handle. After, select a file which contains paths. It can be INI/ANI or any others files, but the line should be like this: xxxxx=c3/effect/1.dds, to be extracted. (White space, tabulation, etc will be trimed of the end) Than, select the input folder where the package(s) is/are and the output folder where the files will be extracted.
If you don't want to overwrite existing files, use another directory.

N.B. If you want all the files from the WDF package, I suggest you to use the lists that are in the ZIP.
N.B. If you want all files from a WDF / DNP package, you can use the brute-force tool to get a mostly complete list.

How to create a package?
First, select the format that the application have to handle. After, select the source folder. Than, select the output folder where the files will be extracted.
If you don't want to overwrite existing files, use another directory.

N.B. If the source folder's name is "xyz", the package will be named "xyz"...

WDB
I lost the structure of the WDB packages, but as I already had a tool, I'll just release it. It was released with some DBC structures long time ago, but the link is dead...

How to extract files?
The tool is easy to use... Just select the WDB package for the source and select the folder where all the DBC files will be extracted. Than, just extract them.

How to update the package?
What is really nice of the WDB packages, it's that you just need to put the DBC files in the INI folder and to run the game. At the start, it'll update the WDB package with your new DBC files.

DBC Converter:

I'll try to fix any found problem!

-----

PkgManager v1.1 & CO2_CORE_DLL REV-19 & Brute-force

So, after some research I found that I still had the source... At Fang's request, I added support for DawnPack (DNP) file format, which is very similar to WDF.

Also, I noticed that few users had problems with the TPI/TPD extraction. I fixed the problem and I attached the lastest version of the CO2_CORE_DLL. You can use this one with any version of the application, and it'll fix the previous bugs.

Also, at Fang's request, I also produced a brute-force tool to generate a list of all entries in a WDF/DNP package. As the hash algorithm has an high collision rate, few files may be invalid, but it'll mostly be real files.

Hope it will help.

-----

PkgManager v1.1 & CO2_CORE_DLL REV-25

I had already fixed the issue with TPI/TPD extraction, but it seems it wasn't updated in the SVN, so the CO2_CORE_DLL REV19 wasn't better than the first one. Please use at least the REV25 to work with TPI/TPD files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WDB-Extractor.zip (364.5 KB, 2216 views)
File Type: zip DNP & WDF Brute-force.zip (12.5 KB, 1442 views)
File Type: zip PkgManager v1.1 & CO2_CORE_DLL REV25.zip (264.5 KB, 1575 views)
Thanks
32 Users
Old 03/21/2012, 17:57   #2

quality release man. Don't see much of that anymore, very nice.

editing to add a question. we noticed our guild gate broke when we repackaged the .wdf into custom ones (not using yer tool). Did you notice the same thing whiel developing this? We're workign on fixing it but I thought we might give you a heads up on the glitch we encountered. Lemme know whachu find, if you check. The guild gate was the only object to have an anomlie when we did this.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/21/2012, 19:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
quality release man. Don't see much of that anymore, very nice.

editing to add a question. we noticed our guild gate broke when we repackaged the .wdf into custom ones (not using yer tool). Did you notice the same thing whiel developing this? We're workign on fixing it but I thought we might give you a heads up on the glitch we encountered. Lemme know whachu find, if you check. The guild gate was the only object to have an anomlie when we did this.
Yes, I faced this problem years ago when I repackaged the WDF for the first time. I'll send you a PM later during the day for the solution.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/21/2012, 19:45   #4

that woul help Editors too much , i wondring if i can make a custom package and make the client read it through ini/package.ini? As it would be madness if i edited the whole wdf file and reupload 'em for others!!
Old 03/22/2012, 02:24   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slam View Post
that woul help Editors too much , i wondring if i can make a custom package and make the client read it through ini/package.ini? As it would be madness if i edited the whole wdf file and reupload 'em for others!!
Yes, you can add packages to the INI.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/22/2012, 03:20   #6

Let me get this straight, do this tool help us create own own .wdf packages ? I`m using an older version of client (5065) and it would be awesome if I could create a brand new package (not a brand new one, just to edit some files and pack them into data/c3.wdf)
Old 03/22/2012, 15:15   #7

#Request sticky.

This could replace the old wdf extractor posting from korvacs (which replaced sparkies), as this is definitely evolution of the tool. Thanks again.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/22/2012, 19:26   #8

elite*gold: 20
To be honest, I've never seen a TPI/TPD file before =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
#Request sticky.

This could replace the old wdf extractor posting from korvacs (which replaced sparkies), as this is definitely evolution of the tool. Thanks again.
And done.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/22/2012, 19:56   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
To be honest, I've never seen a TPI/TPD file before =/
It's the successor of the WDF packages like the WDF packages was a kind of successor to the DNP packages. The Warlords use it, the Chinese CO2 client use it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2012, 20:18   #10

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
It's the successor of the WDF packages like the WDF packages was a kind of successor to the DNP packages. The Warlords use it, the Chinese CO2 client use it.
Well I guess that explains why I couldn't find it in the English client.
Old 06/02/2012, 14:29   #11

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
CptSky is there any trick or any solution for getting c3 and dds files from inside TPI/TPD files?
As I have here some packages willing to unpack files from them but whenever I am doing this its like those dds and c3 files are messed (not working properly).
It appears that its unpacking them but with errors. So maybe there is something like proper encryption for those certain tpi/tpd files to do it properly?

Second question is - do you have any useful ideas to generate fast list of files from inside tpi? As it appears tpi contain list of files located inside tpd.... maybe as well inside this tpi there is as well included encryption for proper unpacking...

Do you have any findings and tips for this? Will be very grateful.

Cheers
Old 06/11/2012, 02:34   #12

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Dang. TPI/TPD files don't work for the Asian TQ games. That's disappointing. =|
Old 06/11/2012, 03:59   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Dang. TPI/TPD files don't work for the Asian TQ games. That's disappointing. =|
Can you upload me some packages? I'll reverse them. It's probably a new version. Chinese CO use the version 1000.
Old 06/11/2012, 07:27   #14

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Can you upload me some packages? I'll reverse them. It's probably a new version. Chinese CO use the version 1000.
That would be great if you have the time. I just need to figure out where to upload 1.35 GBs of data.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2012, 17:42   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulNecturn View Post
CptSky is there any trick or any solution for getting c3 and dds files from inside TPI/TPD files?
As I have here some packages willing to unpack files from them but whenever I am doing this its like those dds and c3 files are messed (not working properly).
It appears that its unpacking them but with errors. So maybe there is something like proper encryption for those certain tpi/tpd files to do it properly?

Second question is - do you have any useful ideas to generate fast list of files from inside tpi? As it appears tpi contain list of files located inside tpd.... maybe as well inside this tpi there is as well included encryption for proper unpacking...

Do you have any findings and tips for this? Will be very grateful.

Cheers
I messed the DEFLATE algorithm. It's why all files are messed when extracting. I'll try to fix that today, and I should post the fixed DLL soon. For the list, I may do a simple program that will dump a list. It's not hard.
Thanks
3 Users

Tags
extractor, packer, tpi/tpd, wdb, wdf