Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Hybrids 5017 C++ Edition

Discussion on [Release] Hybrids 5017 C++ Edition within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 01/26/2011, 06:49   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m_W1z4rd View Post
That's what bas said to me. C++ won't learn you C, but C will learn you C++, so I assumed it was right, but thanks anyway, I guess it was wrong
Is there really an upside to using C over C++? From what I know, C++ is just simply better in many ways, and C has no advantage over it. I could be wrong, but if not, then don't waste your time learning C.
Old 01/26/2011, 06:59   #17

one thing i wanna ask for can you explain how this source decrypt the information like(accountid,password etc) from the client using XOR , or if there is a tut. explaining it that would be awesome thnx
Old 01/26/2011, 18:27   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m_W1z4rd View Post
That's what bas said to me. C++ won't learn you C, but C will learn you C++, so I assumed it was right, but thanks anyway, I guess it was wrong
I've never said that, I said you should learn C and you could learn C++ after that.
Old 01/26/2011, 18:51   #19

Really you can learn them in any order, but I agree with tao4229 about if you know C++ you know C.

They pretty much are the same with a few exceptions. You can use C functions in C++ anyways, but you can't use C++ functions in C.

So you can just throw some C into the mix with your C++ programs if you really find it necessary.

Anyways about the topic, nice release, I won't look it it lol but still nice to see some C++ floating around here.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/14/2011, 07:11   #20

elite*gold: 20
C is far more basic than C++ and has many special quirks to it that make coding it in easier and harder. The simpler something is the less potential mistakes are made. While some will argue one is better to learn over another, someone who knows C++ isn't necessarily capable of making a C program and vice versa. Nothing like being used to classes and such then going to make a program that does structs instead. Nothing like being used to the simplistic nature of C and moving on to the level of C++. If you're dead-set on learning one or both of them, pick the one you are going to use more often. If you're going to do Linux programming, C might be more ideal to learn although C++ is becoming so commonplace now. I tried Linux C++ and loved it. A pain in the *** to debug after using Visual Studio for so long, but you get by it. Far superior to windows C++.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/24/2011, 19:29   #21

Going to work a bit on this to learn, if anybody is interested in helping me, whenever possible or wants to work with me to learn, then you're welcome.

It deserves a bump as well, don't care if it's grave dig.
Thanks
1 User