Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] All Sources List

Discussion on [Guide] All Sources List within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/21/2011, 13:03   #46

elite*gold: 0
There is NO public sources, which are better.
You can't simply agree on it.
Old 01/21/2011, 13:43   #47

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3m_W1z4rd View Post
There is NO public sources, which are better.
You can't simply agree on it.
I'm talking about other things in it. For example,
Korvac's source is a lot better than Hybrid's new source when it comes to it's layout and pipes. Having multiple servers is structurally more stable than one game server. However, Hybrid's source is a lot better when it comes to handling large amounts of incoming data. I'm not saying either one is better because they both can be improved in different ways.
Old 01/22/2011, 15:51   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFang View Post
I'm talking about other things in it. For example,
Korvac's source is a lot better than Hybrid's new source when it comes to it's layout and pipes. Having multiple servers is structurally more stable than one game server. However, Hybrid's source is a lot better when it comes to handling large amounts of incoming data. I'm not saying either one is better because they both can be improved in different ways.
Cut the small talk and let's see you make something better than the both of them fang.
Old 01/22/2011, 16:45   #49

Actually pipes don`t necessarily make that source better. If the whole thing is hosted on a single computer, pipes don`t matter THAT much. The layout can be changed by any fifth-class idiot as well.

@WH-Man : Cut the trolling. I`m pretty sure he`s better than you are.
Old 01/22/2011, 21:40   #50

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WH-Man View Post
Cut the small talk and let's see you make something better than the both of them fang.

Why should i release my work to people like you? Code it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Actually pipes don`t necessarily make that source better. If the whole thing is hosted on a single computer, pipes don`t matter THAT much. The layout can be changed by any fifth-class idiot as well.

@WH-Man : Cut the trolling. I`m pretty sure he`s better than you are.
Haha, nicely said. You're completely correct, however- I was talking / referring more to the separate projects than how those projects communicated. Pipes are just one method of communication and it just happens to be probably the best choice. *I'm not saying it is, but it probably is without having them dependent on each other. You can also do what Korvacs did and have a control panel that manages their execution. That way when it crashes and closes, the panel gets an action and restarts it automatically. There are just a lot more options in multiple projects. Plus, if a server crashes, it won't bring down the entire solution.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2011, 00:04   #51

why did you delete this this was really useful.
Closed Thread