Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Loader/Launcher/Patcher

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Loader/Launcher/Patcher

2 versions of this have been posted before..
Version 3 only added .rar extraction and that is sort of redundant since anyone who can process that has no use for my work.. but i decided to go back to the loader after some time in the work force.
[V4] Superlauncher[commercial] grade
Dumbed down and has a more robust system to it with error messages instead of freezing. The extraction method is perfect if you follow the guide lines.. also there is plenty of descriptions within the source. posted is a picture of mine finished.

if you want a loader that actually breaks down byte by byte how to load each game that would be a [V5] release
So far only conquer online has incoded instructions. this will launch any game though, if you only specify where the version file is, then input the gameloading (.exe)
ELITE!! as for the patching you need a webserver (webhost or localhost) either works.
Spoon fed:
take your time if your new, tell me of more version files for other games and possible edits if your elite...
and for the famous, see if you can make this patcher work like a loader from this template.. literally runs the game by itself.

<v4>: (mine)

<v4>

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/27/2016, 14:23   #2

What is this and how is it used

Old 09/27/2016, 18:31   #3

its a patcher made in c#.. its built to connect to your website and download from the Home folder and uses the version.dat in conquer

EX:

then it gets update.dat from the folder you specify after home

EX: ./Home/Conquer/update.dat

After that it gets all the data it needs, first compares the update.dat (server-side) version, and the version.dat(client-side) version, saves the path's it needs and downlods patch texts that have the info on how to patch to the new version

EX: patch(1<--old)(2<--next).txt
patch(2<--old)(3<--next).txt
each patch needs one. in these files you specify what files are needed and seperate with %

EX: server.dat%data.patch1.rar%Role3D.Dll

if you want to patch something in a folder you have to first pack it with winrar or whatever you choose and then unpack it this way..
the first name is the first folder in the client (data) then what you put after dosent matter.. its only to get past a bug i found where it tried to extract into a folder with its name (data.patch2<--would be)

After all that is specified it tells you if you want to extract yourself or have it extract the contents for you. then presents a "patch completed" dialog.

The rest you have to research yourself.. mine is already programmed, its just the .exe not the source.. the source im releaseing is called superlaunch[commercial]..
Old 09/27/2016, 20:38   #4

open source ?

Old 09/28/2016, 00:38   #5

i dont know, you tell me
Old 10/05/2016, 17:27   #6

You need to work on UX, a lot. If I'd be a player and would be forced to launch this I would instantly uninstall based just on the look and feel. Keep going though.

Thanks
1 User

Tags
5165, conquer, divinecorps, launcher, patcher

« Mining Normal Gems / VIP Commands [Redux] | Classic Conquer source , Best Source »