Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 02:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE]AwsomeQuest:BraveHeart(Custom quest, long thread lol)

Discussion on [RELEASE]AwsomeQuest:BraveHeart(Custom quest, long thread lol) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 11/12/2009, 17:13   #16

elite*gold: 0
awesome :> quest:> gratz dark
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/12/2009, 22:45   #17

Thanks all and to you that says the save to db and the save for cahr not needed.
Well actually it is, because else you can keep make the quest thanks
Old 11/12/2009, 22:54   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by #*=DarkAngeL=*# View Post
Thanks all and to you that says the save to db and the save for cahr not needed.
Well actually it is, because else you can keep make the quest thanks
If thats the case then the quest needs rewriting, your making extra work for the server when it shouldnt be needed.
Old 11/12/2009, 23:00   #19

lol nice quest bro bring in more hahaha
Old 11/12/2009, 23:16   #20

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
yah could be coded better but if you just want an example of find item x from mob y for reward z, go for it.

Again, not a perfect example but IMO it still gives noobs something to work off, if they are too umm... "innocent" *cough* stupid *cough* to see that someone isn't coded perfectly then chances are they couldn't code something better themselves. If that's the case, they may as well have a poorly coded example then none at all... although a well coded example of how to make their own would be more useful.

Damnit now I wanna write one instead of doing my pols essay >.<....

Instead of doing that though I'll state steps for making quests.

- Bool controlling if character has the quest or not (initially set to false)
- Possibly a database for quests (if you want the quests to be more complicated and save if character goes offline. Would be useful but if you just want a nubby quest not really needed)
- Way of controlling if quest is on/off (through npc or by using an item is super easy)
- Way of ending a quest (through npc or item again, really easy)
- Way of controlling quest drops/npcs (again, using the bool, if activated allow for a certain function such as an npc to teleport you to the map or w/e or for mobs to drop the quest item)
- Reward for quest (tied in to ending the quest, no need to save the entire character as has been mentioned, if using a quest database though you will wanna save that.)

All rather simple stuff (I'm prob leaving out some things but w/e, I haven't coded quests in forever and I'm not looking at any sources for examples right now. I gotta get other work done)
Old 11/12/2009, 23:21   #21

I know it could have been made better, but i dont have much time for all this, because of stupid school stuff etc.
I only worked on this for 1 hour i think
Old 11/13/2009, 12:16   #22

ImmortalYashi
Code:
gad-legion,
What are you on about it's funny how every romanian says " I agree "
 since you fail to see the logic : You can't complain if you can't do any better.
it seems u know me better then i do my self, next time dont put racism on ur reply and stop saying **** about ppl u dont know ty, and btw i can make a quest for lotf any time i whant to,thats why i specificated pp who dont know much c# and i dont fail to see the logic on Korvacs thread.
ur thread seems pretty personal to me , do i know u or something, do u have something against romanian ppl?
Old 11/14/2009, 07:48   #23

Can you please stop fill my thread with your little war, use the PM button.
Thanks