Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 14:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source

Discussion on Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 04/05/2014, 15:47   #1231

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortzax View Post
Hi pro4never , cand you answer me to a question ? i want to know what kind of bugs do you know are in this source . I want to know what i'm dealing with . big Thanks !!

No known major bugs. Just content and some minor features you need to code.

As with ANY conquer source, you should have (or start to learn) a bit of programming knowledge so that you can fix minor issues and add new content as you go but there's no major flaw in this source last I heard.
Old 04/05/2014, 18:21   #1232

elite*gold: 0
ok thanks , i want to say that i have very big laag i dont know why , and GM comands are for everyone ? if ym right how to i change it only for gm . ?????
Old 04/05/2014, 18:29   #1233

Quote:
ok thanks , i want to say that i have very big laag i dont know why , and GM comands are for everyone ? if ym right how to i change it only for gm . ?????
commands are already only for GMs..
Old 04/05/2014, 18:37   #1234

HMM ok , ive change twin city npc text Welcomer , but nothing hapen . the text is the same :| ..... i'm talking about tokenawarder . (Welcomer) .... i need to change it from client ??????
Old 04/05/2014, 19:13   #1235

Quote:
HMM ok , ive change twin city npc text Welcomer , but nothing hapen . the text is the same :| ..... i'm talking about tokenawarder . (Welcomer) .... i need to change it from client ??????
nope, it's source sided.. maybe u didn't debug or something like that..
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/05/2014, 20:02   #1236

thanks man , now it works ..onother thing , the market npc's aren't working , how do i make them work ???????
Old 04/05/2014, 21:03   #1237

Quote:
thanks man , now it works ..onother thing , the market npc's aren't working , how do i make them work ???????

You have to script all the content and events.

This is a near full emulation of 5065 conquer. It's now up to you to add new content to it and things like npcs/quests/events.
Old 04/05/2014, 21:07   #1238

i do not know c++ but i will try to learn ..
Old 04/05/2014, 22:57   #1239

Quote:
i do not know c++ but i will try to learn ..
Jfyi its C# LOL
Old 04/06/2014, 01:04   #1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
No known major bugs.
Let's not mislead people now, it's not nice.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/06/2014, 01:08   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
Let's clarify that, im sure insomnia, execution and others will vouch for the following points:

Stackoverflows on Memcpy
Stackoverflows on Socket Disconnect
Stackoverflows on NHibernate.

^ Those are the major bugs

Null refs all over the place, Lagspikes cause of the Memcpy (wich is weird enough on its own)

Let's not forget about constant crashes with data loss (saves) caused by the above.

memset all over the place, doing nothing but null existing memory FOR NO REASON. I removed that function and nothing at all changed. (The bugs were existing be4 i removed memset)

Frankly chis, either you didn't know about the issues this source has or you are ignorant.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/06/2014, 01:10   #1242

elite*gold: 26
I totally agree to that and I believe I was the first to experience those issues, Kept on fixing issues, But others kept showing up, We even recoded the native class, Didn't work and still kept on throwing SOF's like mad, I wouldn't recommend this base for a private server that wants to grow.
Old 04/06/2014, 01:43   #1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
What is a single major bug that's been reported? I'm not aware of any or it would have already been fixed.

Efficiency and improvements that can be made for sure but actual failed features? Dunno of any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Let's clarify that, im sure insomnia, execution and others will vouch for the following points:

Stackoverflows on Memcpy
Stackoverflows on Socket Disconnect
Stackoverflows on NHibernate.

^ Those are the major bugs

Null refs all over the place, Lagspikes cause of the Memcpy (wich is weird enough on its own)

Let's not forget about constant crashes with data loss (saves) caused by the above.

memset all over the place, doing nothing but null existing memory FOR NO REASON. I removed that function and nothing at all changed. (The bugs were existing be4 i removed memset)

Frankly chis, either you didn't know about the issues this source has or you are ignorant.

I haven't had conquer installed on my computer in a very, very long time nor have I payed any attention to the development of the code. I was not aware serious bugs had ever been reported in this.

Feel free to update it with those issues fixed though as this is an open source project

I know in tests it had been run for weeks without any issues but maybe that's a long outdated version.
Old 04/06/2014, 03:56   #1244

Who the heck brought up features? That should be the very least someone looks for in a source.

#EDIT
"Efficiency and improvements that can be made for sure but actual failed features? Dunno of any."

Shows where your priorities were.
Old 04/06/2014, 05:41   #1245

Quote:
Hi pro4never , cand you answer me to a question ? i want to know what kind of bugs do you know are in this source . I want to know what i'm dealing with . big Thanks !!
You could read the thread, or you could download the source and look for yourself.
Closed Thread