Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Those still using LOTF

Discussion on [Release] Those still using LOTF within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Those still using LOTF

Help yourself be a better coder and listen to what the community is trying to say. One day you will understand why some are trying to encourage people still using LOTF to move to a more stable source and only use LOFT as a basis of learning and how you can improve (A LOT) on the LOTF coding.

There's a lot of GREAT coding examples in InfamousNoone's source which you can actually learn from and gain a greater understanding of how a PROPER server operates. After all why do you think InfamousNoone publicly released his source?
To educate and show you how a well made conquer private server can be made...

People who code in LOFT are deemed to fail and spend their life (literally) work on something that should only ever be used as an example of a badly coded server.

Egyptian Translation (so they can actually understand) [Thanks to google lol]

We need more Egyptians to understand the point of this... LOTF isn't the answer. We are only trying to help and encourage everyone to be better coders.

تساعد نفسك أن تكون أفضل المبرمج ويستمع الى ما يحاول المجتمع. يوم واحد فسوف نفهم لماذا يحاول البعض لتشجيع الناس على استخدام LOTF على الانتقال إلى عالم أكثر استقرارا والمصدر الوحيد استعمال الغرفة العلوية باعتبارها أساسا للتعلم وكيف يمكنك تحسين (كثيرا) على LOTF الترميز.

هناك الكثير من الأمثلة في الترميز العظمى InfamousNoone مصدر يمكنك التعلم من الواقع واكتساب فهم أفضل للكيفية التي تعمل خادم سليم. لماذا بعد كل ما رأيك InfamousNoone مصدر علنا صدر له؟
لتثقيف وتبين لكم كيف يمكن التغلب على حسن الخادم الخاص يمكن...

الناس الذين مدونة في الغرفة العلوية تعتبر الفشل وتمضي حياتها (حرفيا) ث
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/14/2009, 13:16   #2

I'm using LOTF source, I started coding this week and I found LOTF to be easier to understand. I don't want to use LOTF as my server's base source, I plan on using hybrid's. But I find LOTF easier at the moment because LOTF has some things already coded in.

I'd like to stress that I'm not trying to learn about how a server is really coded, just the basic concept of C#. I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

But I support your thread entirely.
Old 04/14/2009, 14:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoP View Post
GOOGLE Lo.OL
Well it's the only way to get through to Egyptians since most don't seem to understand nor speak the language. Yet they seem to use such services as 'google translate' to do it for them...
I'm not even attempting to speak your language, merely assisting Egyptians understand.
Old 04/14/2009, 16:09   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaMe~ View Post
I'm using LOTF source, I started coding this week and I found LOTF to be easier to understand. I don't want to use LOTF as my server's base source, I plan on using hybrid's. But I find LOTF easier at the moment because LOTF has some things already coded in.

I'd like to stress that I'm not trying to learn about how a server is really coded, just the basic concept of C#. I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

But I support your thread entirely.
If you really want to learn how to code, you should be using proper material to increase your knowledge, as a wise person once said... Learning from bad material may just teach you to code badly.

Hybrid's server already has some things 'coded in', i honestly have no clue at all how you are finiding lotf easier. It is absolutely terrible compared to hybrids coding.
Old 04/14/2009, 16:28   #5

Im doing the same, tho i do have hybrids source running too. There just isnt enough there for me to latch onto yet, and start to learn from. It could be that i havent given it enough time, im sure. LOTF is just more prolific atm, and with such a wide array of examples to learn from, it may not be the best way to code, but it may in some way help us to start thinking in code, which doesnt always come natuarally to ppl.
Old 04/14/2009, 16:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmak2 View Post
People who code in LOFT are deemed to fail and spend their life (literally) work on something that should only ever be used as an example of a badly coded server.
I actually lol'ed a little, why?
Because Tanel (The maker of LOTF) has started CO pservers again, and i've played his new server. Which is stable and everything works pretty much perfectly.

I like how alot of people slate LOTF source when they can't even make their own.

#Edited edit: Do not insult people.
Old 04/14/2009, 16:36   #7

i really wanna say that Google Translator Doesn't make any sense it translate every single word and not the whole sentence , so they wont understand it , c ya
Old 04/14/2009, 16:55   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofa300 View Post
i really wanna say that Google Translator Doesn't make any sense it translate every single word and not the whole sentence , so they wont understand it , c ya
Well help him out and translate it so they can understand it
Old 04/14/2009, 16:59   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlramlxl View Post
I actually lol'ed a little, why?
Because Tanel (The maker of LOTF) has started CO pservers again, and i've played his new server. Which is stable and everything works pretty much perfectly.

I like how alot of people slate LOTF source when they can't even make their own.
Believe me Ranny is definately capable of writing his own, your looking at the coder of coemu v2's base.

The people who mainly slate lotf are easily capable of their own source.

Hybrid,Saint,Ranny,Andy,Korvacs. The list could go on.
Old 04/14/2009, 17:13   #10

The statement was aimed at the people who slate LOTF but yet don't make their own source, if you read it correctly that is.

(I know that there are some good coders who slate it too.)
Old 04/14/2009, 17:25   #11

Quote:
The statement was aimed at the people who slate LOTF but yet don't make their own source, if you read it correctly that is.

(I know that there are some good coders who slate it too.)
What are you trying to imply? That i can't read.

I don't understand how i could possibly read that any difference, i stand by what i say. The MAJORITY of people who slate LOTF are capable of making their own source.
Old 04/14/2009, 17:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Limit View Post
Well help him out and translate it so they can understand it
i might do but not now , cuz i really wanna sleep
Old 04/14/2009, 17:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
What are you trying to imply? That i can't read.
No, things are interpreted differently over the internet, just thought that you might not of understood what I actually meant.
Old 04/14/2009, 17:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoP View Post
GOOGLE Lo.OL
Google is very useful to translate some words... By the way, why have you stolen my avatar?
Old 04/14/2009, 17:49   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
Im doing the same, tho i do have hybrids source running too. There just isnt enough there for me to latch onto yet, and start to learn from. It could be that i havent given it enough time, im sure. LOTF is just more prolific atm, and with such a wide array of examples to learn from, it may not be the best way to code, but it may in some way help us to start thinking in code, which doesnt always come natuarally to ppl.
What he said.

Quote:
No, things are interpreted differently over the internet, just thought that you might not of understood what I actually meant.
Yes, like 50 year old men tend to be interpreted as 13 year old boys, to 13 year old girls.