Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide]PortForwarding! (My Way)

Discussion on [Guide]PortForwarding! (My Way) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Guide]PortForwarding! (My Way)

Ok, there was a guide... and it kinda helped me lol. But i have to show my thanks to Emme... he helped for about 2 days helping me get rid of the hamachi set up.

After countless failures, i finally got things right. So heres how you do it.
~Note this guide was based on using the Operating System(OS) Windows XP
================================================== =======
Getting your information
================================================== =======
Click Start: Its at the bottom left of your task bar.

click "Run"

type in "cmd"

A console window will pop up. Once its done loading up some text, type in: "ipconfig/all"
and press "enter"

a load of information will load up.

You need the following.

"Ip Address" and "Default Gateway"

copy the number of the gateway and type it into the url.

this will bring into your router. Now you should already know your routers info. If you have not yet changed it, it might be:

User:
pass: admin

or

user: admin
pass: admin

if its not one of these ask your parents to log you in or what ever... if not then do what i did. Secretly reset the information to the router ^^.

after that simply log in, and go to the "Applications and Gaming" link at the top of the page. You should see "Port Range Forwarding".

here you need the lists of ports
-
I will add these 2morrow
-

now at the lists of ports notice how theres an ip # with the last bit as a text box for you to fill in. those should be the last number of your "Ip Address".

now you're good. to go.

-Again i'll add the ports of which you need to have 2morrow, right now im sleepy and i want to finish testing lotf... and have a bit of fun.

Also again, Thanks to Emme for getting me started, i've learned a great amount.
=
This guide was created using methods from the CZZC Inc. Staff, and as of such i shall give credit to the CZZC Inc. Staff- BobofTibia, Ryan, DeeforLife, The Sword Man -
Thanks to these people (and mainly Emme) I was able to complete this, and find the right way to work.

-Zane-
Old 01/04/2009, 07:39   #2

Well yeah, this is kinda the same release as mine so... Except for the cmd ****, but that isn't even needed, it depends on what kind of router you have.
Old 01/04/2009, 08:22   #3

well all i know is your guide only got me so far... lol and emme got me further than your guide lol... and thats why i added (my way) because there may be people who need to use my way.

also to note "whatismyip.com" and stuff like that, those ips still wernt the ips i needed... so eh. not trying to put your guide down, but if i had to do this, im sure others might.
Old 01/04/2009, 08:51   #4

Hmmm well yeah could be, Computers/routers differ so...
Old 01/04/2009, 09:40   #5

portforward.com

detailed guide probably where emme went. who doesnt go there for port forwarding help :S
Old 01/04/2009, 11:59   #6

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Nope,I didnt go there, lol.
Note :
If you cant remember your router password, go to your router and you should see a little hole with a text called "RESET" above it. Input a pen there and wait for about 5 seconds, and go try again with admin as username and password could be: "admin","password" or blank.
Goodluck
Old 01/04/2009, 13:53   #7

For linksys user the username is always blank and the password : "admin".
Old 01/04/2009, 17:22   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwin9 View Post
For linksys user the username is always blank and the password : "admin".
Umm...no.

Linksys ->
Username: "admin"
Password: "admin"

Netgear ->
Username: "admin"
Password: "password"

Belkin ->
Password: <blank>

These are the default ID/passwords for 3 brands of routers. ;D
Old 01/04/2009, 20:16   #9

i use linksys with the version of my router, after resetting it, it was simply blank admin... you may have one of those older or newer version of linksys that i've heard about but eh.