Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 02:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Final Release] True Local Hosting for Private Servers

Discussion on [Final Release] True Local Hosting for Private Servers within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
[Final Release] True Local Hosting for Private Servers

Hey everyone.
So I've been on the quest for better local hosting (since I develop on a laptop that's always moving from location to location). Finally, I have something for you all that works pretty well. No internet connection is required and the client won't crash from using it (since it crashes with the 127.x.x.x loopback method).

1. Open the control panel and go to the Device Manager.
2. Click on the "Action" menu and select "Add legacy hardware".
3. Click "Next" and select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list" and press "Next".
4. Under "Common hardware types", select "Network adapters" and press "Next".
5. Under "Manufacturer", select "Microsoft" and under "Network Adapter", select "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" (or Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter for Windows 8).
6. Click "Next" twice and you're done. Now you have a loopback adapter other than 127.x.x.x.

Edit: You might want to go to the properties window for the new connection, select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) " and change it to "User configured" in "Alternate Configuration". Make the IP address whatever it is at that point and the subnet mask "225.225.0.0".

You can use the IP address from it for your world server.
Cheers,
Spirited Fang
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/22/2012, 04:02   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,142
Thought I'd throw this out there, as it's what I did before. Just use your hosts file to redirect a random IP to 127.0.0.1, i.e. 123.123.123.123

The hosts file is almost always in %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ (C:\system32\drivers\etc\), but on Win95, Win98, and WinME it's in C:\Windows (%WinDir%)
Old 06/22/2012, 07:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
Thought I'd throw this out there, as it's what I did before. Just use your hosts file to redirect a random IP to 127.0.0.1, i.e. 123.123.123.123

The hosts file is almost always in %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ (C:\system32\drivers\etc\), but on Win95, Win98, and WinME it's in C:\Windows (%WinDir%)
You can't usually edit that though... can you? It's always being used by processes on the system?
Old 06/22/2012, 07:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
You can't usually edit that though... can you? It's always being used by processes on the system?
Has always worked for me. Just made a change, and got no errors. For Windows Vista/7 you may need elevation (Run as Administrator), but that's it. Also, you do have to restart in most cases for it to take effect.

I think you're thinking of things like the SAM file, pagefile, etc. Core system files like those are constantly in use by the SYSTEM user.

Edit: Also, thank you for this. After all these years, I had no idea you could add more loopback devices, never even thought about looking it up. This should prove helpful for other things too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/22/2012, 08:33   #5

Quote:
Has always worked for me. Just made a change, and got no errors. For Windows Vista/7 you may need elevation (Run as Administrator), but that's it. Also, you do have to restart in most cases for it to take effect.

I think you're thinking of things like the SAM file, pagefile, etc. Core system files like those are constantly in use by the SYSTEM user.

Edit: Also, thank you for this. After all these years, I had no idea you could add more loopback devices, never even thought about looking it up. This should prove helpful for other things too.
Interesting. I never knew about that file. .-.
And you say it works with the recent clients that normally crash on 127.0.0.1? I was hoping to avoid 127.0.0.1 all together but maybe the client isn't that smart.
Old 06/22/2012, 14:02   #6

Works for me with a completely random file. I think the clients only check for 127.0.0.1/localhost with string comparison.
Old 06/22/2012, 15:06   #7

Not really a release, more of a guide.
Old 06/22/2012, 19:18   #8

Yep, etc hosts.
Old 06/26/2012, 10:49   #9

you'll prolly need to open notepad as admin, then open the hosts file within it
Old 06/26/2012, 16:37   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by S U P E R B A D View Post
you'll prolly need to open notepad as admin, then open the hosts file within it
Yep. In Windows XP and earlier, you should be just fine without having to log on as Admin though.
Old 06/26/2012, 20:54   #11

I already follow ur instructions but i dont know if it is working.. and i dont know what IP i gonna use.. it is my external IP the one i see at whatsmyipadress.org or my IP 192.***.x.xx
Old 06/26/2012, 20:56   #12

No, click obtain IP address automatically, and obtain DNS server address automatically. Then at the top, click the tab Alternate Configuration, and enter your IP there. It can be any IP
Old 06/26/2012, 21:06   #13

On?

Quote:
No, click obtain IP address automatically, and obtain DNS server address automatically. Then at the top, click the tab Alternate Configuration, and enter your IP there. It can be any IP
On ( My Local Area Connection? ) The Old One?
Or On The One I Created ( My Local Are Connection 4 )
Do You Skype? I really2 need the help of epvp.
or facebook

Quote:
I gonna make my own IP? any IP rigHT?
Old 06/26/2012, 21:10   #14

On the new loopback adapter. And yes, you make an IP.
Old 06/26/2012, 21:13   #15

Quote:
On the new loopback adapter. And yes, you make an IP.
What i gonna put to the preffered DNS , Alternate DNS and more.. i gonna leave it blank?