Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 01:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Albetros Custom Source (Latest Hellmouth)

Discussion on [Release] Albetros Custom Source (Latest Hellmouth) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/21/2011, 19:44   #136

elite*gold: 0
i am really amazed on how patient you can be,and how dumb some people are...
it's said from the start all you need to do but no, why bother to read the thread and not download directly the source even you know nothing about it (if you don't know English use google translate)
Old 12/23/2011, 01:20   #137

elite*gold: 20
Sometimes when I look at this source I get the feeling that I'm looking at Hybrid's 5135 source for some reason, this one is a bit easier to understand though.
Old 12/23/2011, 01:27   #138

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
Sometimes when I look at this source I get the feeling that I'm looking at Hybrid's 5135 source for some reason, this one is a bit easier to understand though.
Strange... I based a couple things off his source (some of the drop calculations) and also used his system for portals. I stole some stuff from impulse's work for skills and a few other systems (shops? I forget). Basically I got lazy at a few points and never bothered to fully recode stuff myself.
Old 12/23/2011, 04:28   #139

I noticed Guild Packets such as Arsenals,Members,Announcement have been added and should be working but for some strange reason they are read as Unhandled packet types when I load the Guild pages in-game. O.o?An explanation/help would be useful.
Old 12/23/2011, 06:12   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce16 View Post
I noticed Guild Packets such as Arsenals,Members,Announcement have been added and should be working but for some strange reason they are read as Unhandled packet types when I load the Guild pages in-game. O.o?An explanation/help would be useful.
Hmm... Members should be working as should the guild message. Arsenal was never added cause we didn't care it. There may have been some structures started for it though, I honestly don't remember.
Old 12/23/2011, 21:03   #141

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm... Members should be working as should the guild message. Arsenal was never added cause we didn't care it. There may have been some structures started for it though, I honestly don't remember.
Members work I was just wondering why the console wasn't reading that specific packet(arsenal) properly. I noticed you din't finish the reborn codes on the source, ie: Only optional classes to chose from when rbing are Trojan/Taoist.
Old 12/23/2011, 22:18   #142

Quote:
Members work I was just wnondering why the console wasn't reading that specific packet(arsenal) properly. I noticed you din't finish the reborn codes on the source, ie: Only optional classes to chose from when rbing are Trojan/Taoist.
I started the npc and wrote item downgrading but as mentioned in the thread, reborn is not in any way done on this. Yet another thing I never had the time to bother with.
Old 12/23/2011, 22:21   #143

Quote:
Quote:
I started the npc and wrote item downgrading but as mentioned in the thread, reborn is not in any way done on this. Yet another thing I never had the time to bother with.
I noticed. There's a lot more missing than what you stated on the thread, However it's a good way to learn about how the source/reference/ect, works.
Old 12/24/2011, 00:08   #144

Quote:
I noticed. There's a lot more missing than what you stated on the thread, However it's a good way to learn about how the source/reference/ect, works.
Normally you don't state what's missing, but what's added.
Old 12/24/2011, 01:51   #145

Quote:
As Baus said, usually state what's finished rather then what's not.

This is a basic test server. It's perfectly playable, people can log in, progress their character and use most of the game systems perfectly fine. It's far from a completed source though.

Personally I feel that's the ideal completion of a source for people to start with. I completely understand why everyone doesn't jump right on hybrid's 5017 or even impulse's 5165... they may be lovely base sources but if you're just starting out then there's literally nothing to do on those sources while you teach yourself and start working on the base.

On the flip side you have lotf 5017, ncos 5165 and new trinity sources running around where basically everything is 'done' but none of it really works properly... because of that people instead get the source running, feel like they are awesome and then get frustrated when people quit their 'epic' server because nothing ******* works properly xD.

Long rant... but just an opinion I've had for a while.

Ps: not directed at you, just a general opinion
Old 12/24/2011, 06:57   #146

Quote:
As Baus said, usually state what's finished rather then what's not.

This is a basic test server. It's perfectly playable, people can log in, progress their character and use most of the game systems perfectly fine. It's far from a completed source though.

Personally I feel that's the ideal completion of a source for people to start with. I completely understand why everyone doesn't jump right on hybrid's 5017 or even impulse's 5165... they may be lovely base sources but if you're just starting out then there's literally nothing to do on those sources while you teach yourself and start working on the base.

On the flip side you have lotf 5017, ncos 5165 and new trinity sources running around where basically everything is 'done' but none of it really works properly... because of that people instead get the source running, feel like they are awesome and then get frustrated when people quit their 'epic' server because nothing ******* works properly xD.

Long rant... but just an opinion I've had for a while.

Ps: not directed at you, just a general opinion
It's a well developed test server. Lol it's capability is beyond any other source I have came across with as far as I can remember(regarding stability). I do agree with you however in it taking some time to have it as a complete source, It's not far from that now if you think about it, Basic functions are added and working properly as you stated. This unique source is indeed a test source, Why not complete it? (not directed at you lol)I don't look for a "1-2-3 login server & publicly release" type of ****, Something worth working with deserves it's questions whether their about whats missing/what isn't.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2011, 07:37   #147

I have to say Pro this is a really good source! Wondering if I should use this source instead of upgrading mine That being said I have set up this on my VPS and so far it's working quite well apart from the server throwing up loads of errors but on my way to fixing them.

I would say that this is one of the best bases I have seen and it truly exceeds the appalling state of coding in most (NCOS).

If you don't mind Pro do you wanna add me on MSN? Might have a couple of questions for you since NHibernate is completely new to me.

I think if this source is fixed right then it could bring quite alot of players back to the P.Server community... This is definatly a project I am keen to work on and improve and then hope *fingers crossed* that people would come back

Ha sorry for the essay
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2011, 18:14   #148

@pro4never
Sir, I have a question for you.
I took a look over your MySQL database and I found something that I can't explain.
The `droprules` table. What it stands for? The items that will drop over a red/black named character? I see there are all the item IDs and I can't figure out it's meaning. Could you please tell me what it stands for? Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 12/27/2011, 20:42   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero47 View Post
@pro4never
Sir, I have a question for you.
I took a look over your MySQL database and I found something that I can't explain.
The `droprules` table. What it stands for? The items that will drop over a red/black named character? I see there are all the item IDs and I can't figure out it's meaning. Could you please tell me what it stands for? Thank you and have a nice day.
It was a system that we never fully finished. It works well enough but we wanted to tweak it more. Basically you could assign as many drop rules as you wanted to a monster type and it would control special drops.

Example.. instead of checking if mob.name == "slinger" && chancesuccess(1) drop lab stone you would just write a drop rule in db say 1pct chance to drop item Id x. Then in mob table you'd say slinger has drop rule id y.

The reason we never started using it is that we never finished the second side to the system which would involve conditional logic.. eg you could say in db for drop rule 1 that if you passed conditionalcheck type 2 (level check?) Using value &level then you would have 5pct chance to have item drop. Without expanding the system to basically allow scripted drops.the system wasn't of much use to us.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/28/2011, 01:04   #150

Thank you sir for such a nice explanation.
Closed Thread