Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 02:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Confused with new servers and dat

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Confused with new servers and dat

Ok my mind is racing at the moment and I was attempting to play around with things earlier namely the Chinese client. But a thought occurred to me and that thought is with the server.dat issue >.<

Ok so we can use loaders etc which is fine BUT am I right in thinking that a new source would need to be created for these newer clients? If so how would somebody go about starting that? Also the server.dat is still a problem unless it`s known how to decrypt them? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated

If I think of anything else that`s puzzling me to do with pservers then I will post here.

Old 12/14/2010, 12:28   #2

elite*gold: 20
if i got your question right (as the loaders still working fine with the latest client 5330+) so yes sure u need to Create/Edit your source to match the new client system

sometimes u just need to edit some packets (to login successfully) and add some others for the new stuff added to the game

fore example:- if u r using 5165 or even 5095 source u will need to add the seed packet and edit the auth response packets to auth successfully then edit the server keys/character info and Spawn packets to login successfully and then edit/add the other packets as needed in the game

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2010, 07:56   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,310
As for where you would start... use a packet logger to log the new packets that the client uses (my proxy works perfectly well for that, I released the source already) and then structure the packets and build either your own source or update an existing one. I'd strongly not recommended for lotf/coemu as they are simply not worth using other than for complete nubs just getting the hang of things... if you have any real coding experience you can prob write a far better source yourself and will in the end know where things are in your source and therefor be better able to add/update/debug problems.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2010, 15:50   #4

elite*gold: 0
Thank you for your answers guys

« Does Some1 Have Patch 5095-5165? | need help configurate my server »