Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 16:34

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


[Question] How do you know what packet what is?

Discussion on [Question] How do you know what packet what is? within the CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 371
Received Thanks: 118
[Question] How do you know what packet what is?

Im still learning for C#.
But how do i know if i get an Unknown packet error what i need to add?

Thanks in advance!
JobvdH



JobvdH is offline  
Old 11/29/2010, 13:22   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,190
Received Thanks: 515
Well for example... If you trade someone and you get the Unknown main ID or whatever it is on your server then that is the packet you need to add...

Search on the WIKI I think most of the packets for 5165 (guessing you use that) have been logged.

If you don't know what your doing I would suggest some C# tuts before you try and go any further.


.Beatz is offline  
Old 11/29/2010, 13:32   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 371
Received Thanks: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Beatz View Post
Well for example... If you trade someone and you get the Unknown main ID or whatever it is on your server then that is the packet you need to add...

Search on the WIKI I think most of the packets for 5165 (guessing you use that) have been logged.

If you don't know what your doing I would suggest some C# tuts before you try and go any further.
Hey thanks for your reply,
im making a 4276 source based on CoFuture.
my problem is when i login or teleport from Npc to map it says
Unknown Type 1010: Packet 139
JobvdH is offline  
Old 11/29/2010, 14:18   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,683
Received Thanks: 505
1010 -> General Data

How do you know the packet type?
Every packet the CO client sends should start with a specific header.
int16 - size
int16 - type
after this there are multiple possibilities.
The type is used to recognize the structure and to correctly process the data.

Hope this helps.


Basser is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/29/2010, 14:33   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 371
Received Thanks: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
1010 -> General Data

How do you know the packet type?
Every packet the CO client sends should start with a specific header.
int16 - size
int16 - type
after this there are multiple possibilities.
The type is used to recognize the structure and to correctly process the data.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for this post,
its usefull only could you give an example code for packet 139?

Thanks in advance!
JobvdH is offline  
Old 11/29/2010, 15:06   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 237
Received Thanks: 99
Gerneral Data Enum on the wiki shows you what it triggers.
|NeoX is offline  
Old 11/29/2010, 19:40   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,683
Received Thanks: 505
Packet 139?
Is that the packet count or what?
In case you mean the 'sub type', I don't know what sub type matches 139 (or 0x8B), sorry.
Basser is offline  
Old 11/30/2010, 07:05   #8
 
elite*gold: 21
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,193
Received Thanks: 5,321
You're looking at a general data subtype.

There are a large number of things it could mean.... Simply figure out what is activating it and look at the actual structure of the packet.

Simple way to do this source independent would be something like...

string Out = "";
for(int I = 0; I < Data.Length; I++)
Out+= Convert.ToString(Data[I], 16) + " ";
Console.WriteLine(Out);

And that will dump the contents of the packet to console. Ideally I'd do it to a text file but that would require me to dig around in sources to find examples lol.

I'd suggest looking at this thread for info on figuring out packets... it's a great resource.




Packets are really not complicated to figure out in most cases. You have a few main things to look for in 90 pct of packets...

Length (all packets)
Type (all packets)
Subtype (mostly attack, general data, itemuse/ping)
UID (self, target or item)
Location info (map, x, y)
Timestamp (attack, gendat, itemuse/ping, walk)
Strings (EASY to find... Console.WriteLine(Encoding.ASCII.GetString(Data)) will convert the entire thing and give you an idea if there is reliant unencrypted string info in the packet.)

Outside of those main things which you can EASILY track down there is very little you need to worry about finding in most packets.

Only other things that could be 'hard to find' things are those which are less obvious... Most of the times though you can just figure out what triggers it to find what its used for (IE: same packet every time you loot an item... it's prob either the loot packet or the item info packet coming from server) and then you just need to worry about offsets once you get the base structure (trial and error/using a cmd to change offsets is best way imo). Takes very little time to find almost all of the required stuff for most packets such as item info/spawn entity.
pro4never is offline  
Old 11/30/2010, 15:44   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 371
Received Thanks: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
You're looking at a general data subtype.

There are a large number of things it could mean.... Simply figure out what is activating it and look at the actual structure of the packet.

Simple way to do this source independent would be something like...

string Out = "";
for(int I = 0; I < Data.Length; I++)
Out+= Convert.ToString(Data[I], 16) + " ";
Console.WriteLine(Out);

And that will dump the contents of the packet to console. Ideally I'd do it to a text file but that would require me to dig around in sources to find examples lol.

I'd suggest looking at this thread for info on figuring out packets... it's a great resource.




Packets are really not complicated to figure out in most cases. You have a few main things to look for in 90 pct of packets...

Length (all packets)
Type (all packets)
Subtype (mostly attack, general data, itemuse/ping)
UID (self, target or item)
Location info (map, x, y)
Timestamp (attack, gendat, itemuse/ping, walk)
Strings (EASY to find... Console.WriteLine(Encoding.ASCII.GetString(Data)) will convert the entire thing and give you an idea if there is reliant unencrypted string info in the packet.)

Outside of those main things which you can EASILY track down there is very little you need to worry about finding in most packets.

Only other things that could be 'hard to find' things are those which are less obvious... Most of the times though you can just figure out what triggers it to find what its used for (IE: same packet every time you loot an item... it's prob either the loot packet or the item info packet coming from server) and then you just need to worry about offsets once you get the base structure (trial and error/using a cmd to change offsets is best way imo). Takes very little time to find almost all of the required stuff for most packets such as item info/spawn entity.
Thanks for ur reply, it helped me allot!
Getting more stuff inside my head about how C# works etc.

#Request Close


JobvdH is offline  
Reply



« Just wondering. | Efficiency and dll Files »

Similar Threads
Play sound via Packet Send?? [Question String Packet]
07/14/2010 - CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions - 5 Replies
Yow im trying to figure out why i cant play music with the string packet What im doin is; MyChar.Client.SendPacket(Game.Packet.String(MyChar .UID, 20, Splitter)); My Packet is: public byte String(long CharId, byte Type, string name)
[Question] Packet data , packet editing ??
10/13/2009 - 9Dragons - 2 Replies
I would like to know : What is packet data? How do i get the address for hacking a item in game? How to use it ??
packet bot [QUESTION]
08/11/2009 - Kal Online - 10 Replies
well...is packetbot written in c++ or c#? and if there is anyone who could help me with it pls post here....i will give somthing in exchange :D
packet question.
12/31/2007 - Archlord - 2 Replies
Alright i got this idea of for example sending a packet to the server, that says open storage ^^ Now i got the packets itself but everytime i try to send it, it just freezes me.. I still see everyone move but I cant move. I was thinking well a filter would work but it wont have any use to me because then i would need a replacement packet wich would be useless for example ur killing monsters and OOPS ur out of space in inventory or whatever reason i have :p I think I know what the problem...
Packet Question.
10/09/2005 - Conquer Online 2 - 5 Replies
Just a quick packet question and a possible follow-up. I was just wondering if it was possible to send a packet that replicates the spending a DB to reallot your stat points. I&#39;m not sure if you need a sb when you send the packet though :/ If anyone thinks this could be done, would it be possible the next time you reallot your points to capture the packet? Just thinking about being able to switch to melee to stacked health back and forth with ease is tantalizing :p Thanks in advance....



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 3KeUpz52VCbhmLwuwydqxu6U1xsgbT8YT5
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.