Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[OpenSource Project] C++ CoCore

Discussion on [OpenSource Project] C++ CoCore within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/21/2010, 23:41   #46

elite*gold: 0
Can I have a question? How is your Queue implementation differing from the std::queue in the STL?
Old 11/22/2010, 18:53   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Can I have a question? How is your Queue implementation differing from the std::queue in the STL?
The main reason I made my own class would be because I'm offering a multithreaded core.
Old 11/22/2010, 20:01   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
The main reason I made my own class would be because I'm offering a multithreaded core.
My bad, lol. I didn`t realize STL containers weren`t thread-safe ones Ty
Old 11/23/2010, 01:00   #49

EDIT: Sticking to the server core plan.
Old 12/18/2010, 04:25   #50

NOTE: This project is not abandoned. I had some busy weeks at school and since I got 2 weeks off of school, I can get back to work on CoCore.
Old 12/18/2010, 12:33   #51

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
My bad, lol. I didn`t realize STL containers weren`t thread-safe ones Ty
Most people will argue otherwise but I think you should avoid STL, and create your own wrappers whenever possible >_>

Edit:
I don't see a use for an IDispoable in C++.
Old 12/18/2010, 14:19   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Most people will argue otherwise but I think you should avoid STL, and create your own wrappers whenever possible >_>
I find STL pretty handy if you wrap classes around them for your needs, but I don't see why you'd totally avoid them.

Quote:
Edit:
I don't see a use for an IDispoable in C++.
It's not IDisposable as in the .NET's IDisposable, same naming but different function. It is just a thread-safe referenced smart pointer which destroys objects after they're done with(from what I know).
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2010, 21:15   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullable View Post
I find STL pretty handy if you wrap classes around them for your needs, but I don't see why you'd totally avoid them.

It's not IDisposable as in the .NET's IDisposable, same naming but different function. It is just a thread-safe referenced smart pointer which destroys objects after they're done with(from what I know).
Exactly as this 'unknown' guy above me says
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2010, 23:53   #54

Quote:

Ah ok, that makes a little more sense. The reason I avoid STL is because half the time when you recode the **** yourself it's 1000x faster.

Ok -- I'm exaggerating a bit, but if you really want my test results, I'll go dig up my old FlexibleArray<T> class (which implements all the functionality of a vector<t> and a list<t>) and I'll show you the comparison between the speed. Bricks will be shat.
Old 12/19/2010, 12:58   #55

It is true that half.. well most of the STL classes are slow but if you test against something like map<key, value>, the results of searching/inserting/removing are pretty close to the R-B trees time complexity ( O(log N) ); so it's not that bad in some cases after all.
Old 12/19/2010, 13:15   #56

Quote:
It is true that half.. well most of the STL classes are slow but if you test against something like map<key, value>, the results of searching/inserting/removing are pretty close to the R-B trees time complexity ( O(log N) ); so it's not that bad in some cases after all.
Well, once I first picked up on this; I stayed as far a way from STL as I possibly could. Any chance of you guys actually committing to the revision? I wouldn't mind pitching in a bit of help if you can specify what needs to be done.

Also, I assume you want this to be cross-platform (because your using boost instead of Windows Library functions), correct?
Old 12/19/2010, 16:26   #57

Quote:
Well, once I first picked up on this; I stayed as far a way from STL as I possibly could. Any chance of you guys actually committing to the revision? I wouldn't mind pitching in a bit of help if you can specify what needs to be done.

Also, I assume you want this to be cross-platform (because your using boost instead of Windows Library functions), correct?
The first revision is near to be done, I'm just finishing some network wrappers.
But if you want to see it before the first revision is committed you can send me a PM. Oh and yes this is going to be cross-platform.
Old 12/19/2010, 16:50   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
The first revision is near to be done, I'm just finishing some network wrappers.
But if you want to see it before the first revision is committed you can send me a PM. Oh and yes this is going to be cross-platform.
Ah, ok. No problem. I'll check back now and again then and wait for the first rev'.
Old 12/22/2010, 06:13   #59

Oh yes. I want this. I'll help as much as I can.
Old 01/26/2011, 21:12   #60

Little update; I have been offline and not working on the project lately, my laptop has been at repair service for awhile now and the project's files are on it. The thing is I'm struggling with the repair service to take the costs under my warranty. I guess it doesn't count if you have < 10 dead pixels and a burn-in which covers half of the screen:S