Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEV]Conquer 1.0 PServer.

Discussion on [DEV]Conquer 1.0 PServer. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[DEV]JustClassic.

EndGoal:
Conquer 1.0 Server based from 4267.
Real Classic, No extra bullshit added.

Progress;
Re-Starting.
Learning more about C# before jumping into this again, I got too overwhelmed last time.
Any help with coding advice or tips or good places to get tuts would be appreciated.

;
I'll be using Hybrid's 5017 source and converting it to 4267.
The source/development will be private.
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks/Credits will be given where deserved.

Credits:
Hybrid.
Arco.
Old 11/05/2010, 06:49   #2

elite*gold: 20
Wall of text ftw.

Meh you can gimmie a shout if you have a question, I'm usually pretty busy but I'll help when I can.
Old 11/05/2010, 08:26   #3

so many ppl want to start a 1.0 server right now....
Old 11/05/2010, 10:51   #4

i'm interested in playing someones server if their dev skills can impress me, until then they are all fail.
Old 11/05/2010, 13:34   #5

@Kinshi, Yeah, wall of text was pretty bad, just wanted to jot some stuff down for the most part, I'll organize it and probably remove a lot of the babble from it when I get some time, I have been reading thread after thread, there's so much information. Thanks, I'll be sure to remember that if I run into any problems I can't find a fix to through research, I'm trying to learn the best I can rather than just be another noob asking for all the code to be spoon fed to me.

@ryu, 1.0 was the best time for playing Conquer, it was actually fun, and was worth playing. I miss that, I haven't played Conquer in quite some time. I started on their so-called "Classic" server when they brought it out, ended up with full Elite sockets and level 120 warrior in about a week, Not what I'd call classic.

@ching, My server won't be even near to completion anytime soon, and I won't be releasing it to the public until the small group I have helping me with testing finds all the bugs they can and the bugs are fixed.
Old 11/05/2010, 16:47   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Good luck on the project. It should be VERY simple to downgrade the main packets. There is the 1.0 cofuture source to look at for some packets. Most are nearly identical anyways. If you are at ALL good with trial and error you should be able to finish up most basic features quite easily.

It's all personal opinion but having actually spent a bit of time working with 1.0.. it's... old...

I would strongly recommend using the 2.0 interface. Yes, there are the ppl who get all hard from FULL 1.0... but when you actually try to play it it just seems too old sometimes. People can say what they want but 2.0 WAS a significant improvement to the structure of the game. Initial 2.0 was no different in features from 1.0 really... just massively improved graphics and reduced bugs.

Regardless, good luck with your project and hope you learn a lot.

I'd throw out the warning though that most of the cosection is kinda dead so generating sustained interest in a project is... difficult. Eg: my server is now doing some testing and seems that no one even bothers checking it out anymore. I'm sure when it's actually released ppl would care but as for development threads... they tend to burn out quickly.
Old 11/05/2010, 17:16   #7

Thanks Pro, I've been looking through your guides as well and it seems they will be very helpful. I'll add you to the credits section once I get to reading more into private servers and those guides, as for now I'm still working on C# tuts.

I know it's old, and I'm about 99% sure I'm going to stick with the 2.0 interface and simply use 1.0 features and cut out all the extra garbage added by 2.0. As you said, the improved aesthetics and performance will be much better to work with and play on. The 1.0 interface isn't as important to me as the 1.0 content of the server is. Only issue being finding a 5017 client link that works, most that I've tried here no longer work, if you have one or know where to find one I'd apreciate a link. Otherwise I'll spend some time searching for one when I get to that point.

As for the cosection being dead, I'm not too worried about it, as this thread is more for me to organize my thoughts and perhaps get some help if needed from other users such as yourself and kinshi. I have a good friend that has skills in HTML and Flash to create a DEV webpage so I can be even more organized with this project. I'll post a link when it's finished to the 1st post.
Old 11/07/2010, 20:22   #8

I would like to help you!
Old 11/07/2010, 21:26   #9

Thanks for the interest Neo, What would you like to help with?
Old 11/07/2010, 21:36   #10

Received Thanks: 5,291
Add me on msn and I will be MORE than willing to help. I love seeing people work with Hybrid's source, instead of that ****** LOTF and NewestCOServer. You have my respect for wanting to start with the good source.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/07/2010, 21:43   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFIDKBBQ View Post
Add me on msn and I will be MORE than willing to help. I love seeing people work with Hybrid's source, instead of that ****** LOTF and NewestCOServer. You have my respect for wanting to start with the good source.
Thanks, I see no point in working with a source other than a good one. I could care less about features as I can add those in later, and only the ones that I want implemented since I'm going for more of a 1.0 feeling Server.

#Added. =)
Old 11/08/2010, 12:49   #12

I could help wif coding. I guess ill have to pass some tests so i can join right?
Old 11/08/2010, 14:57   #13

Thing is, I'm not doing a team, because I'm doing this for a learning experience for myself. I have a few people that have offered their help if I need it. If there are specific's that you'd like to contribute, perhaps later on in the project, once I've learned what I need to learn to be able to code mostly on my own. I'd be willing to take contributions to the code for features perhaps, but at this point in time I'm not too worried about features at all. So keep track of this thread and we can talk later in the project.
Old 11/08/2010, 16:22   #14

allright! Im here for you anytime!
Old 11/08/2010, 21:59   #15

good to see more people going away from the crappy sources..