Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEV]Conquer 1.0 PServer.

Discussion on [DEV]Conquer 1.0 PServer. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/18/2010, 17:31   #16

elite*gold: 0
I'm using this as a Learning experience, So it's quality of coding over quantity of buggy features. I may go into coding my own from scratch once I have the knowledge and time to do so.

Edit; Added some updates to first post.
Old 11/20/2010, 06:57   #17

#DoublePost
Old 11/20/2010, 13:18   #18

Good luck, hopefully you will be going till the end, unlike others who just got bored of it.
Old 11/20/2010, 18:41   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka12 View Post
Good luck, hopefully you will be going till the end, unlike others who just got bored of it.
+
Old 11/22/2010, 03:20   #20

Thanks. I'll definitely keep with it. =)
Old 04/06/2011, 00:21   #21

Since I got stuck and didn't have the time to fix what I had messed up, nor the time to start from scratch, or really didn't even have the time to undergo the project, it was put on hold. Now I have found myself with way too much free time, needing something to occupy it, I do not play Conquer anymore, but I would love to play a true classic server and would enjoy coding one. Soo, I will be picking up where I left off in the learning process of C#, and checking out tuts, to try and get a much better understanding of C# before jumping back into trying to code a server. I hope to start actual coding within the next couple weeks, again, all support is appreciated, if you guys have resources for good tuts especially in areas that are critical in coding a server, please share those with me.
Old 04/06/2011, 01:42   #22

Yuki helps
Old 04/06/2011, 06:41   #23

I gave up on coding for those patches. I couldn't get the chat system to work.
Old 04/06/2011, 07:57   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I gave up on coding for those patches. I couldn't get the chat system to work.
Really? The chat system is implemented the same as on 2.0.
Old 04/06/2011, 08:17   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Really? The chat system is implemented the same as on 2.0.
I'm trying it again... but it's like there's no relief. No light in the tunnel... everything I try fails.
Old 04/06/2011, 16:53   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatOneKid View Post
EndGoal:
Conquer 1.0 Server based from 4267.
Real Classic, No extra bullshit added.

Progress;
Re-Starting.
Learning more about C# before jumping into this again, I got too overwhelmed last time.
Any help with coding advice or tips or good places to get tuts would be appreciated.

;
I'll be using Hybrid's 5017 source and converting it to 4267.
The source/development will be private.
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks/Credits will be given where deserved.

Credits:
Hybrid.
Arco.
i want convert it too... but i didn't have 5017 source ..can you send it to me ?
Old 04/06/2011, 17:53   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatOneKid View Post
Since I got stuck and didn't have the time to fix what I had messed up, nor the time to start from scratch, or really didn't even have the time to undergo the project, it was put on hold. Now I have found myself with way too much free time, needing something to occupy it, I do not play Conquer anymore, but I would love to play a true classic server and would enjoy coding one. Soo, I will be picking up where I left off in the learning process of C#, and checking out tuts, to try and get a much better understanding of C# before jumping back into trying to code a server. I hope to start actual coding within the next couple weeks, again, all support is appreciated, if you guys have resources for good tuts especially in areas that are critical in coding a server, please share those with me.
You can look at my server. It's a downgrade of Hybrid's last released source. I learned so much from it by commenting every single line of code. Yes, it takes forever, but I swear to you, you'll learn C#. [=

I came from a C++ background (a year and a half), and I'd advise you learn C++ first. It will help you become a really efficient programmer if you migrate to C#... along with making it so much easier to learn. I learned C# in a weekend. I've noticed that most people who start with C# could give two ***** about efficiency as long as it works and this is NOT the mindset to have.
Old 04/06/2011, 20:28   #28

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll take a look into your source Lateralus. Also, I will take your advice, I'll learn C++ first. I actually won't be starting this for another week and a half, I have a friend from back home visiting next week, I'll probably just get things I need around this week.
Old 04/07/2011, 02:29   #29

Learning C++ won't make you any more efficient-minded, you're much better off sticking with learning one language at once instead of starting other ones.

People still need to learn the difference between efficiency and bad("ugly") coding.
Old 04/07/2011, 06:43   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
Learning C++ won't make you any more efficient-minded, you're much better off sticking with learning one language at once instead of starting other ones.

People still need to learn the difference between efficiency and bad("ugly") coding.
The transition from a managed to an unmanaged language is much tougher than the other way around. That's why I suggested he learn C++. He'd also be able to employ the things that aren't integral to C# that are in C++ for better performance and convenience.