Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer scene dead? Can it be brought back?

Discussion on Conquer scene dead? Can it be brought back? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Can the conquer scene be brought back?
Yes 12 33.33%
No 12 33.33%
To a degree 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28
Conquer scene dead? Can it be brought back?

Another poll,

As the title said. Leave comments on what you thought.
Old 10/09/2010, 21:08   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
Nope.
Old 10/09/2010, 22:17   #3

Explain why?
Old 10/09/2010, 22:25   #4

Hum, well the community is now filled with leeches, excuse lack for a better term. People that want things done for them, and feed off others work. For example, people wanna feed off of Tanel's 5165 cause it has most features, but in all reality its pretty horrid of a source. Unless the community evolves and becomes more independent and can actually code on their own, they won't be here, cause the really good coders are leaving. Without good coders, these "leeches" won't have any work to feed off of.
Old 10/09/2010, 22:34   #5

Here's an idea.
Have the co section WIPED Clean(ALL threads etc) and have Hybrids, Yours, Impulses, EliteCoEmu, Alis, Pro4nevers sources released. thats most patches(5017, 5071, 5095, 5165, 5180, 5290) and have only real questions and have a STRICT rule on leechers seeing certian content, and if anybody with 5+ leecher warnings gets banned for 2 weeks and if they get another 5 they get banned, that should Eliminate them and stop more fantastic coders (You, Pro, Ulti, Hybrid, Impulse, Null, Ali, Saint and others) from going to another game.

?
Old 10/09/2010, 22:42   #6

That is a good idea, but look at it this way, you really think Lwy is gonna allow that rule, causing him to lose a lot of members?
Old 10/09/2010, 23:15   #7

I dont really know him, Dont delete the members, delete the ones that causing spam and problems.
Old 10/09/2010, 23:41   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Pointless idea actually, all of the leachers have been banned, and most have been rebanned, theres nothing to stop them coming back, neither would your rule so the situation wouldnt change.

Lack of effort is the problem here, people arnt prepared to put the effort in, the project ive just released for people requires effort, but has massive potential, people just arnt interested because of the effort that is required in order to benefit from it. Im sure sources like LOTF the current 5165 source and others like it wouldnt be as popular as they are now if it werent for the massive amount of badly written released content for it. There are a number of well written bases with no content and as a result no interest.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2010, 02:32   #9

That's why we have this section .

Stop QQing and learn to respect members and not call them "leechers".
Old 10/10/2010, 02:35   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
The programming section is meant to discuss methods and techniques and the more technical side to creating applications to work for Conquer, not the development of private server projects.

The private server community here is lazy, its as simple as that, there is no excuse for it, the community is just lazy.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2010, 02:35   #11

There's always a dumb one out of the bunch. ^

-Edit-

I meant to post that underneath copz.
Old 10/10/2010, 02:36   #12

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Pointless idea actually, all of the leachers have been banned, and most have been rebanned, theres nothing to stop them coming back, neither would your rule so the situation wouldnt change.

Lack of effort is the problem here, people are prepared to put the effort in, the project ive just released for people requires effort, but has massive potential, people just arnt interested because of the effort that is required in order to benefit from it. Im sure sources like LOTF the current 5165 source and others like it wouldnt be as popular as they are now if it werent for the massive amount of badly written released content for it. There are a number of well written bases with no content and as a result no interest.
Totally agree.

People only ever use the newest/most featured thing.

First it was lotf, then coemu (simply cause of the patch number) now 5165 lotf... it's never gone beyond that cause no one is too.... stupid for lack of a better term to waste time coding a newer patch server with a lot of features.

Hell I could work on upgrading elitecoemu or lotf to a current patch but that would do NOTHING but harm the community.

#1 It would harm any server I make myself (everyone has a 5310+ source, no one wants to play yours)

#2 It would continue people using SHIT sources (and no way I'd ever release a good custom or released source that had enough features to topple lotf)

#3 It would result in people still doing no work of their own and doing the whole "HOW I EDIT NPCS?!?" type of bullshit you see around the forum already.

What the community needs is not a new project to band around or new rules or even a new source. They need a shift of mentality. They need to go away from the lecher mentality of "find something with the most features" or even "lets code lots of features!" and focus on learning what the hell they are doing. I have NO issues with helping people code anything they want (even if it's not something I would particularly want them to have) if it means they will advance to a stage where they can stand on their own two feet and code something worth while.

Focusing on making a 'complete' server or bug fixes or coding new features is NOT what most of the members on epvp should be focusing on (as an end goal), they should be learning to code well enough for their additions to be worthwhile. It honestly doesn't take that long to MASSIVELY improve. I have no expectations of many/any people on here becoming great coders (hell, I'm not one myself) but put even a week or two into actually LEARNING and you will be far, FAR better off in the long run.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2010, 12:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Totally agree.

People only ever use the newest/most featured thing.

First it was lotf, then coemu (simply cause of the patch number) now 5165 lotf... it's never gone beyond that cause no one is too.... stupid for lack of a better term to waste time coding a newer patch server with a lot of features.

Hell I could work on upgrading elitecoemu or lotf to a current patch but that would do NOTHING but harm the community.

#1 It would harm any server I make myself (everyone has a 5310+ source, no one wants to play yours)

#2 It would continue people using SHIT sources (and no way I'd ever release a good custom or released source that had enough features to topple lotf)

#3 It would result in people still doing no work of their own and doing the whole "HOW I EDIT NPCS?!?" type of bullshit you see around the forum already.

What the community needs is not a new project to band around or new rules or even a new source. They need a shift of mentality. They need to go away from the lecher mentality of "find something with the most features" or even "lets code lots of features!" and focus on learning what the hell they are doing. I have NO issues with helping people code anything they want (even if it's not something I would particularly want them to have) if it means they will advance to a stage where they can stand on their own two feet and code something worth while.

Focusing on making a 'complete' server or bug fixes or coding new features is NOT what most of the members on epvp should be focusing on (as an end goal), they should be learning to code well enough for their additions to be worthwhile. It honestly doesn't take that long to MASSIVELY improve. I have no expectations of many/any people on here becoming great coders (hell, I'm not one myself) but put even a week or two into actually LEARNING and you will be far, FAR better off in the long run.
Totally agreeing with ya and I speak now from my perspective. I'm a new commer here on e*pvp and I thought that if i ask for a little help and then use my brain, i'll do some nice things arround here and for my custom source too. I didn't start developing a source that's already "playable". I wanted a source that's stable and then to start work with (i've chosen impulse's one).
Most of the members here, just try to rip off people of codes/scripts and then insert into theire shitty sources not even bothering looking a bit into that code, they read the replies if says something like "thanks, goodwork" and then bam, goes straightly to theire solution and copy+paste them.
They just want to make "the best private server with the most shitty features"....
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2010, 14:01   #14

Conquer Online is dead because there is nothing left to reach for.
You cannot set any achievements anymore.
Old 10/10/2010, 17:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
Conquer Online is dead because there is nothing left to reach for.
You cannot set any achievements anymore.
There is always an achievement.