Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Kantana help?

Discussion on Kantana help? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Kantana help?

Alright so i made 2 fold do less damage and i need help with the kantanas if this is possible i want the req. for 2 fold to be only 1 kantana and only if possible make the kantana into a backsword sort of thing if you dont understand i mean like u can only have 1 kantana and u can do ss i couldnt figure this out i have an idea but i know for sure it wont work...
Old 09/28/2010, 12:13   #2

when u send SS, just check if weapon is katana (prof == 601)
Or how your SS is send.
Then when equip, check if ur ninja and try to equip on lefthand.
Or if you only want them to wear 1weapon, then is just check job (Job > 49 && Job < 56).
Then last thing about BS, If u mean modelling, then I cant help.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2010, 16:11   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
He wants to be able to ss with katana.

That will require some serious client editing. Personally I'd just add a new 'active' skill for katana vs mucking around trying to add in old spells (you are going to be editing similar files really)

As for the equipping. As Fish said just check on equip to see if weapon type is katana then check which slot it's being equipped to. If the slot == offhand then do not equip it and print back to the client that ninjas are only allowed 1 weapon (or only 1 katana). This could allow you to only allow for 1 katana but still make use of second weapon slot.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2010, 16:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
He wants to be able to ss with katana.

That will require some serious client editing. Personally I'd just add a new 'active' skill for katana vs mucking around trying to add in old spells (you are going to be editing similar files really)

As for the equipping. As Fish said just check on equip to see if weapon type is katana then check which slot it's being equipped to. If the slot == offhand then do not equip it and print back to the client that ninjas are only allowed 1 weapon (or only 1 katana). This could allow you to only allow for 1 katana but still make use of second weapon slot.
Oh, now I get the thing with SS.
Isn't it magictype.dat and then source based after?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2010, 17:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish* View Post
Oh, now I get the thing with SS.
Isn't it magictype.dat and then source based after?
Could be but I had it in my mind that it was more than just magictype.

Regardless if it was me I'd be working on doing a custom spell for it... rehashing effects is just so TQ

I mean use the exact same entries as for ss except change the .dds files so you can have something new and different.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2010, 04:50   #6

Thanks guys what fish said about the magictype thing was what i thought about doing buit i knew there was something else thanks alot
This was my idea since twofold is completely unbalanced then i want it to be weaken completely
i kinda looked at the twofold c3 effect and it made me think of sephiroth so i could edit the c3 in a way so it looks lke something sephiroth would make after slashing
And about the whole backsword thing i want the kantana to be like it
Like: How the backsword could use ss and how u can only equip 1 backsword at a time and the job thing was very helpfull i was think about making water taos more useful by giving them 2 weapons
Old 09/29/2010, 05:14   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardous View Post
Thanks guys what fish said about the magictype thing was what i thought about doing buit i knew there was something else thanks alot
This was my idea since twofold is completely unbalanced then i want it to be weaken completely
i kinda looked at the twofold c3 effect and it made me think of sephiroth so i could edit the c3 in a way so it looks lke something sephiroth would make after slashing
And about the whole backsword thing i want the kantana to be like it
Like: How the backsword could use ss and how u can only equip 1 backsword at a time and the job thing was very helpfull i was think about making water taos more useful by giving them 2 weapons
The equipping more than 2 weps thing is actually client side... so making waters able to double wield will take some significant edits client side before you can do anything more. As for limiting MORE, that's just server side checks.

For nerfing tfb... what I did was.

Lag buffer (re-check distance right before sending final calculation to see if they are still in range. If they are not, use up the stamina and count it as a 'miss')

Limit dmg

Increase stamina cost

Decrease range.

There are all sorts of 'fixes' you can do to it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2010, 07:42   #8

Quote:
The equipping more than 2 weps thing is actually client side... so making waters able to double wield will take some significant edits client side before you can do anything more. As for limiting MORE, that's just server side checks.

For nerfing tfb... what I did was.

Lag buffer (re-check distance right before sending final calculation to see if they are still in range. If they are not, use up the stamina and count it as a 'miss')

Limit dmg

Increase stamina cost

Decrease range.

There are all sorts of 'fixes' you can do to it.
The thing is i dont want ninjas in my server i want a completely new class i got all the c3 edits i have and il mix them with the skills i will "fix" i want ninja to be changed into a fast attack but weak attack class and his poison fog is just to slow them down while poison star is the same.
I dont like ninja but my ninja will be a whole new thing
this is great i got a new computer and its great it runs my server and visual studio 2010 ultimate trial. So i have 30 days to fix my server as much as i can alot of work has to be done.
I also have this problem that i cant use a completely new source do you know why pro4never?
Old 09/29/2010, 07:50   #9

Ummm not sure what you mean by completely new source or what problems you are having...

That being said... google visual studio 2010 ultimate. There is a leaked ultimate key that will work for unlimited copies. (Note: not posting links so don't get me in trouble... just saying it's out there)
Old 09/29/2010, 08:18   #10

Quote:
Could be but I had it in my mind that it was more than just magictype.

Regardless if it was me I'd be working on doing a custom spell for it... rehashing effects is just so TQ

I mean use the exact same entries as for ss except change the .dds files so you can have something new and different.
Woah, like a new skill, new effect etc.?
I think that would need some decent knowledge in 3dmodelling for the skill.
And some new meshes, for the way character should move, while using skill.

That would be a hard one to do :P