Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer Next Gen Project

Discussion on Conquer Next Gen Project within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Conquer Next Gen Project

Introduction

Hello, most of you probably don't know me and look at my profile and see me as a noob. Although im not too active on these forums, if you look closely you will see that I have been here for more than four years. Ive seen shit go down and even though im sure alot has changed, I know how things work here.

Before I say any more I would like to say that I am a programmer and am fluent in C/C++, C#, VB, PHP, and Javascript(jQuery) as well as shell languages like Linux/Unix.

Main Idea

First of all I want to apologize for not putting this in the proper thread however I really want this to get alot of traffic even if people don't want to contribute.

I really want to bring together the best talent we have here as artists, programmers, designers and gamers into one Next Generation Conquer server.

This is a big project and I want it to be treated as such. We will be using source control (SVN), project management, beta testing and so forth. I want to add technologies and features to our server that are totally new and that raise the bar for other servers.

Another big thing is our website. I want to bring together any web programmers we have here to work with me on our website. The website will not only have an awesome design and features, but I want to add more interactive functionality using technologies such as jQuery for javascript.

Apart from making the website look nice and easy to use, I want the server to be easy to setup for the user as well. I remember when I first started in the conquer private server scene, (back in the hamachi days) there were so many steps I had to follow it was difficult for me to get myself setup. Even when I started my own server, 90% of the time I was helping people get setup and not fixing problems with the server. This is what led to the end of my server almost every time I ever hosted one.

Talents Needed

If you have read this far, I assume you want to support us in some way. Here is a list of the talent we are looking for. If you have multiple talents let me know I can put your name into more than one slot.

Source Programmers x3 - Must know C# like the back of your hand and be able to easily fix issues with out aid from others (not that others on the team won't help you but you can't be asking 60 questions a second)

- Kasene(Me)
- CptSky
-

Web Programmers x2 - Must know HTML and CSS very well and be able to put together the design of our website.

-CrimsonFart
-

Interactive Functionality Programmers x2 - Must know Javascript and know how to use jQuery, not that its hard.

-Kasene
-

Backend Programmers x3 - These are the guys that link things from the server and bring info from the game into the website. Must be fluent in PHP and SQL.

-Kasene
-CODERMACHINE
-

Support x5 - You are one of the most important people here, you have to talk to the people, get them interested in joining the server and help people with any problems. You guys are also the GM's of the server.

- CODERMACHINE
- IDivideByZero
-
-
-

EVERYONE ON THE TEAM WILL HAVE AN ADMIN ACCOUNT.

Conclusion

So, what do you think? If you have read this far you are probably thinking of a way to support us. If you are a mod, you are probably mad at me for creating such a big post, and if you are a troll, you are probably about to say this idea is gay.

If you want to support us PM me or email me at

If you are a mod and you are mad at me, feel free to yell at me

And if you are a troll, feel free to hate on this because your hate mail makes me laugh!

Thanks
-Kasene
Old 08/11/2010, 02:17   #2

Received Thanks: 1,147
Can be interesting if you have a real team. No specification about the patch and other things?
Old 08/11/2010, 02:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Can be interesting if you have a real team. No specification about the patch and other things?
That will be discussed among the team after we get people together. The main idea is that everyone contributes to the creation of the server, not one person making all the decisions.
Old 08/11/2010, 05:22   #4

CODERMACHINE was added to the list of people who want to contribute!
Old 08/11/2010, 05:31   #5

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I always look at the time the thread was created, at night people tend to get bored and get project ideas like these, usually they don't hold so long, but anyway.

Try not to get too big team, keep it within 4 people, imo that's easier than a huge team.
Old 08/11/2010, 05:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I always look at the time the thread was created, at night people tend to get bored and get project ideas like these, usually they don't hold so long, but anyway.

Try not to get too big team, keep it within 4 people, imo that's easier than a huge team.
Well, i really wanted some people to fall back on incase i get someone that quits like 10 days in or something.
Old 08/11/2010, 07:02   #7

elite*gold: 20
Yeah, it might be difficult managing that many people.
Anyway, good luck to you sir.
Old 08/11/2010, 08:33   #8

The server will get flood with staff, if u make a teams like that
Old 08/11/2010, 08:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
The server will get flood with staff, if u make a teams like that
Well im sure some people will have more than one job, in reality im sure that the staff wont be as big as it looks like i want it to be, also not a whole lot of people seem to want to be on the team (hasent been that long) but anyway i dont think that ill be flooded with staff.

Thanks for your input though ^_^
Old 08/11/2010, 10:26   #10

Well goodluck on project.
Old 08/12/2010, 00:23   #11

thanks!
Old 08/12/2010, 17:03   #12

elite*gold: 20
Not that I'm making any assumptions, but for most of the talented programmers that exist and/or lurk on this forum, they will not move an inch unless they see someone else with at least mediocre talent doing something.

So, do you have any proof of your proficiency in C#, C++, JS, PHP, or any of the languages you listed?
Old 08/12/2010, 17:12   #13

I am willing to give this a shot, as a C# Programmer / Coder.
PM me if feel the same about this, or better. =P
However you really need to have more specific things posted if you want to really interest people.
All we know is you want to create a nice website, and nice source, but what will it it include? Will it be using SQL? Will we be using only C# or maybe more languages for side projects? And a lot of other things.