Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

question/dev: 5095 fatal strike

Discussion on question/dev: 5095 fatal strike within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
question/dev: 5095 fatal strike

Ok so i've gotten kinda hooked on coding fatal strike for coemu seeing as it's never been released or i've even heard of it being done on a coemu server...

Anyways i got basically every individual part working.. the status, using the skill, sending the corrected attack type and just now got the flash step portion working... my problem though comes in combining them and making everything work with the client.

Basically what is upseting me is that the client seems to still consider itself stuck on melee/attack type 2 and therefor waits till it's already walked up to the target and swung before the attack data is sent....

Ironically it wasn't doing this in testing.. when i sent the general data packet for fatal strike and was in xp mode i was able to have it attack from a range.. i'm wondering if i'm missing some status or something telling the client that fatal strike is activated or something?

Basically once i get the ranged portion done i just need to add distance/speed checks and it will be a fully functional fatal strike system.

And yes.. i will release either partial or full source for it depending on how i feel when it's done.

Ooh and ps: those trying to use lotf as a guideline... they changed like every portion of it almost: s.. attack type and general data packet all changed id's. Still useful though.
Old 06/05/2010, 06:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
So wait... there are all these 5095 coemu servers that have ninjas... BUUT no fatalstrike?
Old 06/05/2010, 06:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
So wait... there are all these 5095 coemu servers that have ninjas... BUUT no fatalstrike?
I've yet to see a server that's coemu with fs. Doesn't mean they don't exist though. No public coemu has it thouh.

Hell very few coemu's even have counter kill working. I released a ****** version a while ago but i did stumble across the correct stuff for it while looking through stuff tracking down fs stuff.

So... i've got it working more now... about half the time it workks and other half it walks up to the target but i think that's due to the bad timer for attacks in this source.

It's confusing as to why it's doing certain things but mostly it's ****** up that tq would code something this way... it's like they thought 'hmmmm.. that's the strangest, most random way we could code an attack??' And came up with this.
Old 06/05/2010, 10:18   #4

Ok... that was ******* stupid... although tq gets some credit for a proper anti cheat systemm.

Client side will only send the fatal strike attack if the uid matches the ones tq uses for mobs.... here's some fun... coemu doesn't use the same ones lol. Simple fix. Now to make my code modular and clean it up.

Hours spent on something as stupid as mob uid's >.<.

I'll post info tomorrow/sunday when i'm not on phone.. although nnow that i know how it works it's really so simple that others should be able to figure it out lol. I'm sure i'll end up posting it though
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/05/2010, 12:54   #5

elite*gold: 20
Must be their best anti-cheat ever.
Old 06/05/2010, 12:58   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Ok... that was ******* stupid... although tq gets some credit for a proper anti cheat systemm.

Client side will only send the fatal strike attack if the uid matches the ones tq uses for mobs.... here's some fun... coemu doesn't use the same ones lol. Simple fix. Now to make my code modular and clean it up.

Hours spent on something as stupid as mob uid's >.<.

I'll post info tomorrow/sunday when i'm not on phone.. although nnow that i know how it works it's really so simple that others should be able to figure it out lol. I'm sure i'll end up posting it though
The anti-cheat as you call it is to ensure that FS cant be used on characters in the same way.
Old 06/05/2010, 13:18   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
The anti-cheat as you call it is to ensure that FS cant be used on characters in the same way.
Yah for sure. I just found it entertaining that tq actually did something that effectively rules out at least the posibility of a serious hack before it was ever made. Usually tq ends up patching things up (poorly) after the fact.

Somewhat forward thinking of them. I'd have expected some poorly done client side check to cause it to only work on mobs.
Old 06/05/2010, 16:46   #8

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
Must be their best anti-cheat ever.
TQ got the best anti cheat, even better, then VAC