Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question

Discussion on Question within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question

Okay i am trying to do my own free styling source but can some one tell me about the log in server?
I checked CoEmu V2's log in server and found i needed these packets(Or at least i think i do )

AuthResponse(To Login?)
WrongPass(If the pass is wrong?)
Login Encryption(Got No Idea)

Are those all the packets i need to complete the log in server?
Or am i missing some thing to complete a log in server?
Old 05/23/2010, 07:11   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame11 View Post
Okay i am trying to do my own free styling source but can some one tell me about the log in server?
I checked CoEmu V2's log in server and found i needed these packets(Or at least i think i do )

AuthResponse(To Login?)
WrongPass(If the pass is wrong?)
Login Encryption(Got No Idea)

Are those all the packets i need to complete the log in server?
Or am i missing some thing to complete a log in server?
Basically for login server you wont have many packets because all it does is listens for connection attempts on a certain ip/port, deciphers the incoming login packet, sends an auth response packet, runs checks on the user/pass and if everything is good sends the client to the game server.

As for other packets, those are the outgoing packets (server>client). There are incoming ones as well dealing with login (client>server) which are in packethandler.cs.

The game encryption allows for packets to be deciphered for use on the server and encrypted to send to the client. You also need code to build the packets (basically put all the input together into an actual packet to be encrypted and sent.

Gamme encryption changes in a few server versions so worry about what patch you wanna run before writing it (although you can change it later.. it's just some work).

As much as i like hybrid and impulse's source, i do find coemu has a fairly nice, easy to understand login server (and it's seperate meaning you aren't digging through a massive source.) So it's nice to use as a reference for a test login server... it's far from perfect though.
Old 05/23/2010, 07:36   #3

elite*gold: 0
Ah okay thanks P4N