Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Which client should be used for a new private server project?

Discussion on Which client should be used for a new private server project? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: What client should I use?
4267 10 17.24%
4351 4 6.90%
5017 classic 9 15.52%
5017 3 5.17%
around 5100 7 12.07%
5165+ 25 43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/25/2010, 11:59   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
Well, I agree with the new stuff from 5200+. It just sucks. I like 5165 a lot though. What's so bad about 5165?
Did you play 4267, back in the old days?

And btw, this poll isn`t just for me, it`s for all developers who want to start a project in the near future.
Old 04/25/2010, 17:30   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
Did you play 4267, back in the old days?

And btw, this poll isn`t just for me, it`s for all developers who want to start a project in the near future.
Lol, that's the first time someone's ask me that =P
Yah, I played in Conquer Online 1.0's final days. I remember when the apparitions were see through in Conquer Online 2.0's launch. I really do miss the old conquer online... The first Conquer: New Dawn server was actually 4267. Then I wanted to keep the cleanness of 4267 but add horses and ninjas with no fog, so I used 5165 and built it around the Classic server idea from TQ. TQ's classic server sucked, and most of my friends wanted a Conquer 1.0 server; however, when I released the 5165 server that I edited they loved it. They loved the horses but got really disappointed when they couldn't use interactions. I completely got rid of CPs and towers and fans too. Basically, it's my own version of 5165 built to be like 4267 but which a few minor features. Also, I can't stand Conquer 1.0's graphics. Lol. It messes with a lot of graphics cards if they're not set to default settings.
Old 04/25/2010, 17:42   #48

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
Lol, that's the first time someone's ask me that =P
Yah, I played in Conquer Online 1.0's final days. I remember when the apparitions were see through in Conquer Online 2.0's launch. I really do miss the old conquer online... The first Conquer: New Dawn server was actually 4267. Then I wanted to keep the cleanness of 4267 but add horses and ninjas with no fog, so I used 5165 and built it around the Classic server idea from TQ. TQ's classic server sucked, and most of my friends wanted a Conquer 1.0 server; however, when I released the 5165 server that I edited they loved it. They loved the horses but got really disappointed when they couldn't use interactions. I completely got rid of CPs and towers and fans too. Basically, it's my own version of 5165 built to be like 4267 but which a few minor features. Also, I can't stand Conquer 1.0's graphics. Lol. It messes with a lot of graphics cards if they're not set to default settings.

One of the main problems with using a high patch and downgrading it is that without a ton of client side modifications you are still gonna have the ****** clogged up UI. Seriously.. tq added so many buttons that I have no idea how anyone manages to still play.

Personally EARLY 2.0 is what I'd go for (pre lotto, bp, cp) and any of that stuff OR I'd go with the latest patch.

Personally I feel that inbetween is a bit of a waste of time...

do either 1.0, early 2.0 or the newest patch you have packets for (or log new ones and do a current patch)
Old 04/25/2010, 18:04   #49

What buttons all over the screen are you referring to?
The 3 on the bottom disappear if you're attacked or attacking.

Old 04/26/2010, 08:28   #50

Why not make a server on path 0001?
Thats like the most classic co you can get :P
Old 04/26/2010, 17:53   #51

going all the way down is just settin unnecessary limitation onto your project...

If you like classic co concept, do it on high patch, hell, maybe someday you'd like some of it's features and wish to add them on?

I'd say, go on highest patch you can get... tq is adding lots of good ****, just serving it in a wrong way, way you're able to fix, eventually.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/26/2010, 18:00   #52

Im still on 0001.
It would be the most epic server patch to make.
Old 04/26/2010, 22:10   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDivideByZero View Post
going all the way down is just settin unnecessary limitation onto your project...

If you like classic co concept, do it on high patch, hell, maybe someday you'd like some of it's features and wish to add them on?

I'd say, go on highest patch you can get... tq is adding lots of good ****, just serving it in a wrong way, way you're able to fix, eventually.
Thank you!
Another great point.
Old 04/27/2010, 21:16   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDivideByZero View Post

How would that be CO in any way expect for the graphics? If I`d want to apply my own ideas and come up with new systems, etc., I`d make my own game (which is what I might do behind the scenes... )
Old 04/27/2010, 21:39   #55

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
Im still on 0001.
It would be the most epic server patch to make.
There was never "0001". The earliest that I can find is patch 4035, dated June 9, 2003.

And at that time, English Conquer had majority of it still in Chinese.
Old 04/28/2010, 17:42   #56

I always thought the idea of a private server was to get away from the real CO and actually have a fun game like it used to be, but looking at the results people are wanting the most recent patches with all the crappy updates, why not just go back to play regular co??
Old 04/29/2010, 08:38   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
How would that be CO in any way expect for the graphics? If I`d want to apply my own ideas and come up with new systems, etc., I`d make my own game (which is what I might do behind the scenes... )
People like co but also, do like new things added to it... Might be even not whole new concept or so, but re-done tq features to fun/own purposes.

You mite take sengoku as an example, they're simply re-doing whole concept of characters, skills, design but still, it's conquer and so many people are lookin forward to play it or so.

Just a lil note: going old school leveling server ain't a best way to set a p server but that's a topic for whole new thread, I suppose.

P.S.

You're unable to create a new game... Just sayin'