Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 00:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Which client should be used for a new private server project?

View Poll Results: What client should I use?
4267 10 17.54%
4351 4 7.02%
5017 classic 9 15.79%
5017 2 3.51%
around 5100 7 12.28%
5165+ 25 43.86%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/21/2010, 20:42   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -virTuaL View Post
immune, you act like others have half the knowledge you do
Shouldn't they ? :O

Old 04/22/2010, 02:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
Shouldn't they ? :O
Ranting:
The problem is common sense is not so common anymore. Its not the fact of having the same knowledge as him or anyone else , or even being capable of the same things. If everyone was the same all server would be the same(*We all can't be like Hybrid*). The problem lyes not with the people but with the coders. All the people who have been doing source releases are just releasing the same **** thing over and over just modified version of it. If you guys can't learn the right way and stand on your own **** feet you will get no where on any project.

On Topic:
I think a 5135 version would be awesome my test server, where i test all non version related code gets tested on my 5135 server. Its a nice version before all the **** really started.

Old 04/22/2010, 02:55   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
On Topic:
I think a 5135 version would be awesome my test server, where i test all non version related code gets tested on my 5135 server. Its a nice version before all the **** really started.
5135 Would be awesome
The only 5135 was acidco so yeah
Old 04/22/2010, 03:12   #19

I just think 5165 is the best... I mean, you can remove the talismans and cps. It's easy to do- I did it. Also, 5165 has steeds and you can add more mounts to it if you wanted to. I love interactions too... I mean, I don't know about you all but I hug my girlfriend whenever I see her on the real game. Interactions just means so much to me. The lock system... and everything. If you do create a 5165 source... what if you made it so that it was like classic co? What if you removed fog (like I did in my server) and removed the shopping mall? Less to code =P

Idk. You might all think it's pointless... but it's those two features that I wouldn't play conquer without. I'd refuse to play.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2010, 13:29   #20

If you could make one on new patch but without all the new things.
Only the arena thing.
Dat would be a cool thing.
Old 04/22/2010, 13:41   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
Ranting:
The problem is common sense is not so common anymore. Its not the fact of having the same knowledge as him or anyone else , or even being capable of the same things. If everyone was the same all server would be the same(*We all can't be like Hybrid*). The problem lyes not with the people but with the coders. All the people who have been doing source releases are just releasing the same **** thing over and over just modified version of it. If you guys can't learn the right way and stand on your own **** feet you will get no where on any project.

On Topic:
Hmm... depends on what you mean by **** Personally I think that ninjas are ****, talismans are ****... basically everything is **** except Frozen Grotto and the arena system xD
Old 04/22/2010, 20:33   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
Hmm... depends on what you mean by **** Personally I think that ninjas are ****, talismans are ****... basically everything is **** except Frozen Grotto and the arena system xD
I agree... that's why i love my 5165 source edit... no talismans.. no fog...
I really would love if someone made a new 5165 edit with the same ambitions as me... =\ I would myself if I could learn off of a good, modern source. Hybrid's is ok... but it's not accurate and not efficient at all. Right now I'm just looking at Tommy's source. I'm still learning from it but it's still not accurate in what I want to do. Maybe you could msn me Eldernecro. I'll tell you what i have in mind.
Old 04/22/2010, 21:02   #23

4351 <- do this one the best patch ever, without the enw things like ninjas and everything like that.
NEW VERSION SUCKS!!
Old 04/22/2010, 21:16   #24

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
I agree... that's why i love my 5165 source edit... no talismans.. no fog...
I really would love if someone made a new 5165 edit with the same ambitions as me... =\ I would myself if I could learn off of a good, modern source. Hybrid's is ok... but it's not accurate and not efficient at all. Right now I'm just looking at Tommy's source. I'm still learning from it but it's still not accurate in what I want to do. Maybe you could msn me Eldernecro. I'll tell you what i have in mind.
Ok I just want to point out that you just lost any credibility you might have had...

You just called hybrids source inefficient...

His is the only source released to the public that I've ever come across that doesn't have MAJOR issues that will cause the source to be useless as soon as it becomes popular.

CoEmu: You will run into the big problems with the threading/client socket system and possibly issues with packet processing (cause aren't most versions using a single thread to process all packets in/out of the source? I forget atm)

Lotf: Horrible organization, major bugs, some of the worst codes I've ever seen for alot of the stuff (Attack code being a prime example although that's not THAT hard to fix I suppose... still a ton of work). I've never bothered to dig deep in either versions of lotf but I can assume fairly safely that it has just as many or more base problems than coEmu does (problems related to more 'base' code rather than specific systems like attack/npcs/features)

Just not sure how you can say that hybrids is inefficient when you consider what you have to compare it against...

</rant>

Ooh also lol @ not being willing to play conquer unless you can use interactions and the lock system...
Old 04/22/2010, 21:30   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Ok I just want to point out that you just lost any credibility you might have had...

You just called hybrids source inefficient...

His is the only source released to the public that I've ever come across that doesn't have MAJOR issues that will cause the source to be useless as soon as it becomes popular.

CoEmu: You will run into the big problems with the threading/client socket system and possibly issues with packet processing (cause aren't most versions using a single thread to process all packets in/out of the source? I forget atm)

Lotf: Horrible organization, major bugs, some of the worst codes I've ever seen for alot of the stuff (Attack code being a prime example although that's not THAT hard to fix I suppose... still a ton of work). I've never bothered to dig deep in either versions of lotf but I can assume fairly safely that it has just as many or more base problems than coEmu does (problems related to more 'base' code rather than specific systems like attack/npcs/features)

Just not sure how you can say that hybrids is inefficient when you consider what you have to compare it against...

</rant>

Ooh also lol @ not being willing to play conquer unless you can use interactions and the lock system...
Well I'm just thinking about how it has a flat database and how it's only one project. Don't you think that it would be more efficient if it was 3 projects? One for mobs, one for players signing on and off and saving, and one for the other features of the game? Wouldn't it be more efficient if it used an SQL database? I know it's more efficient than most because it uses dictionary entries and such but i'm just saying it's possible to make it even more efficient and you'd have to be blind not to see that it's possible.

Quote:
Btw, do you really think that's appropriate?
I expected better from you pro4never.
Old 04/22/2010, 22:06   #26

Received Thanks: 5,268
Quote:
Btw, do you really think that's appropriate?
I expected better from you pro4never.
He has a point, you called the best public source inefficient.
Old 04/23/2010, 14:46   #27

Quote:
Well I'm just thinking about how it has a flat database and how it's only one project. I don`t see how that is a problem. It`s a lot more efficient than CoEmu with 2 projects, and you can split them anytime... Don't you think that it would be more efficient if it was 3 projects? One for mobs, one for players signing on and off and saving, and one for the other features of the game? Wouldn't it be more efficient if it used an SQL database? HybridCO ran using INIs, and it was fine. I know it's more efficient than most because it uses dictionary entries and such but i'm just saying it's possible to make it even more efficient and you'd have to be blind not to see that it's possible.
Btw, regarding the poll, I seriously do not see what you guys do in 5165...
Old 04/23/2010, 19:38   #28

All I'm saying is that it could be more efficient. I don't see what the problem is in saying that because it's true. But anyways- I don't see why that sparked something so flame worthy but that's not the topic of this thread. Regarding the thread's new response:

@Eldernecro - I really don't know what you mean by "what do you do in 5165". It's exactly like 4351 if you get rid of the stupid features that they added. All I'm using 5165 for is for the steeds and interactions (which I still don't have working). It's also more flexible to expansions for quests and npcs. It contains more mobs and effects that can be used for future quests. If you actually create a custom 5165 client using the gamemap.dat file and c3 folder from the new clients, you can create a 5200+ feeling server by importing the same events like the horse race. I really think you should give 5165 more of a chance.
Old 04/23/2010, 20:17   #29

Back to the topic... highest you can get... TQ is recently updatin **** with new items, mobs, functions etc. With updated version you might always choose what to keep in and what to not, ex. old/new jumps, ninjas etc. On the other hand, adding things like clans and whatnot to patch below 5200 would be rather hard.
Old 04/23/2010, 20:27   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDivideByZero View Post
Back to the topic... highest you can get... TQ is recently updatin **** with new items, mobs, functions etc. With updated version you might always choose what to keep in and what to not, ex. old/new jumps, ninjas etc. On the other hand, adding things like clans and whatnot to patch below 5200 would be rather hard.
Understood but why would we add clans? They're just a waste of server ram consumption. Lol, no matter how small of a boost it is. I'm just talking about 5165 being like 4351 with steeds, interactions, and (maybe but idk) enlightenment. Enlightenment is really annoying though so probably not ... except for the fact that the 5165 client puts it into the game at midnight.

« 5165 Bugs | Help me fix error »