Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CPS for voteing.?

Discussion on CPS for voteing.? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
CPS for voteing.?

how do i make something like on my site that when people vote itl give there char CPS?
can someone help me with this?
Old 04/10/2010, 00:08   #2

php
Old 04/10/2010, 00:38   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by zTREME View Post
php
He could mean voting from ingame...

What I do is have a window pop up when characters log in asking if they want to vote. If they do, it sets their vote time in the database (so it won't ask again for 12 hours), awards the cp and opens the voting window.

If ingame just add cps and open the site from ingame (links can be opened with a chat packet, exact examples have been posted already) and possibly add a check to see if they've already voted.

If you are using a website then do something almost identical but instead you will want a popup asking if they want to vote and for their ingame name (checked for when the last time they have voted, I suggest googling code examples for that) and then if they do vote, run a mysql query to add cps to their character name/account (or however you want to handle that)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/10/2010, 00:48   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

What I do is have a window pop up when characters log in asking if they want to vote. If they do, it sets their vote time in the database (so it won't ask again for 12 hours), awards the cp and opens the voting window.

If ingame just add cps and open the site from ingame (links can be opened with a chat packet, exact examples have been posted already) and possibly add a check to see if they've already voted.

If you are using a website then do something almost identical but instead you will want a popup asking if they want to vote and for their ingame name (checked for when the last time they have voted, I suggest googling code examples for that) and then if they do vote, run a mysql query to add cps to their character name/account (or however you want to handle that)
your right, just thought he ment like Last Co and those.
And i have no clue in php, so i couldnt tell him how
Old 04/10/2010, 17:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

or maybe u could add a npc that gives u the option to vote u click it, it rewards u with cps and takes u to the voting site? if thats what u were saying then my bad
Old 04/10/2010, 19:13   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by superplox View Post
or maybe u could add a npc that gives u the option to vote u click it, it rewards u with cps and takes u to the voting site? if thats what u were saying then my bad
Personally I just have it sent to the player when they login (if they haven't already voted) without having to use an npc... if not alot of people will never find the npc to use it.
Thanks
1 User