Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Creating Maps

Discussion on [Question] Creating Maps within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] Creating Maps

Is it possible to create maps?
I made a map using photoshop (what one would look like)
so... if TQ can make maps, then what's stopping us?

This is the map I made that I'd love to make...
the real picture is full detail ... meaning 100% zoom is Client sized.
This was a suggestion I posted for TQ that got recommended...
never went through though.
If someone would help me do this- it'd make my day lol, and year.

Don't give feedback on the map...
I just want to know if it's possible please. =\
Old 04/09/2010, 11:47   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
What youve done there is youve created a complete map, the client stores everything seperately, so if you remove all of the trees, tables, bed, well, tuffs of grass etc then you would have everything that goes in the dmap and puzzle files, the rest go in scene files.

You could do it manually but honestly it would take more time than its worth, really an app needs to be written which would do everything.
Old 04/09/2010, 13:14   #3

Didn`t Sparkie create something like this?
Old 04/09/2010, 18:35   #4

I think he did and he helped the Sengoku project with the custom maps.
Old 04/09/2010, 20:16   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
What youve done there is youve created a complete map, the client stores everything seperately, so if you remove all of the trees, tables, bed, well, tuffs of grass etc then you would have everything that goes in the dmap and puzzle files, the rest go in scene files.

You could do it manually but honestly it would take more time than its worth, really an app needs to be written which would do everything.
How would someone do it manually?
Old 04/09/2010, 20:45   #6

Received Thanks: 2,518
Ugh, figure out the layout of the puzzle file to tell the client where to find the neccassery files to graphically display the map, then figure out the layout of the scene files to tell the client where to find everything on the map (sounds, trees, grass, reflections etc), then construct the correct dmap file, and place all of the textures in the right place.

Seriously more trouble than its worth.