Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

A Message

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Message

Hi, im kasene an i run the private server RushCo. Paralyzer has been on our team on 2 different occasions and both times he had a fit and left after he abused our chatbox and our site by advertising his server. However i convinced him the second time he was on our team to sign a contract with RushSoft (the domain that owns RushCo and an indie game development team) which clearly states that he relinquish all rights pertaining to "Conquer 3.0" including the domain name and the rights to the source to RushSoft. He made the argument before he left that because he is not 18 the contract is void. Im not a lawyer however i do not think this is true and that we do still legaly own all rights to "Conquer 3.0" at this point.

I am also not sure if Paralyzer was in a position to hand over the rights to "Conquer 3.0"

If it is true that we still own the rights, RushSoft does not plan on keeping or using anything that has to do with "Conquer 3.0"

Old 03/09/2010, 03:37   #2

If you are serious about getting what you supposedly deserve please contact your local lawyer. Though I am pretty sure any agreement with a child under the age of 18 should be notified with their parents or guardians before signing. This does affect your agreement.

Old 03/09/2010, 03:38   #3

As a general rule, a person must be at least 18 years of age to be capacitated to sign contracts. The same is void but the minor - you, in this case - has the option to enforce the contract. When you do, the other party whom you contract with and have knowledge that you are a minor cannot raise as a defense that you were incapacipated to enter into contract with him.

No, the contract does not magically become legal, or valid, when you, or the signer turns 18. Void contracts cannot be ratified. Meaning, it cannot be rendered automatically valid upon cessation of the ground which makes it void, in this case, you or the signer reaching the majority age.

Edit:
By the way, how is this conquer related? There is a general discussion forum for this
Old 03/09/2010, 03:40   #4

Received Thanks: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasene View Post
Hi, im kasene an i run the private server RushCo. Paralyzer has been on our team on 2 different occasions and both times he had a fit and left after he abused our chatbox and our site by advertising his server. However i convinced him the second time he was on our team to sign a contract with RushSoft (the domain that owns RushCo and an indie game development team) which clearly states that he relinquish all rights pertaining to "Conquer 3.0" including the domain name and the rights to the source to RushSoft. He made the argument before he left that because he is not 18 the contract is void. Im not a lawyer however i do not think this is true and that we do still legaly own all rights to "Conquer 3.0" at this point.

I am also not sure if Paralyzer was in a position to hand over the rights to "Conquer 3.0"

If it is true that we still own the rights, RushSoft does not plan on keeping or using anything that has to do with "Conquer 3.0"
I don't think either of you have rights to anything Conquer related.

Old 03/09/2010, 03:43   #5

We, both knew before hand that we were BOTH under the age of 18, also what i thought would have been the major issue was that i think para is from the UK
Old 03/09/2010, 03:43   #6

You can privately reserve rights to your work only. But it's still not legal. Lol
Old 03/09/2010, 03:48   #7

Received Thanks: 5,268
Lol all in all its tq's work and the name Conquer Online belongs to tq lol.
Old 03/09/2010, 03:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
I don't think either of you have rights to anything Conquer related.
True, this is almost purely theoretical in that case because TQ Digital most likely owns Conquer X.X so it doesnt matter. However i just wanted to prove a point to Paralyzer because what he did just wasnt cool, did he hurt me personally, no, did he hurt my server, no, its just because it was a low blow and people should know.

Conquer 3.0 was the name of his server. So as long as this stays out of the legal system i could claim use of Conquer 3.0 as a pserver name without struggle because RushSoft owns it. Also this is not a contract between a person and a person, its a contract between a Business and a person if that changes anything.
Old 03/09/2010, 18:09   #9

Im not 18 and I used an INVALID name for it so stfu the name I used is Paralyzer[GM] there for not valid and if you did call a loyer*?* you would be in trubble because it a p-server and btw keep the source and site I gave you but please leave this as it is you own the source I gave u *its not conquer 3.0* and I do NOT own anything releated to *conquer* and the contract you wrote is NOT a normal contract either so....

#Request Close
Old 03/09/2010, 22:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer[GM] View Post
Im not 18 and I used an INVALID name for it so stfu the name I used is Paralyzer[GM] there for not valid and if you did call a loyer*?* you would be in trubble because it a p-server and btw keep the source and site I gave you but please leave this as it is you own the source I gave u *its not conquer 3.0* and I do NOT own anything releated to *conquer* and the contract you wrote is NOT a normal contract either so....

#Request Close

Whatever, i was just getting other peoples info, it doesnt matter that much to me, what matters is that was just kind of a **** move dude.
Old 03/09/2010, 22:50   #11

then ******* PM him . we dont want to hear u pmsing.
Old 03/10/2010, 03:53   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasene View Post
Whatever, i was just getting other peoples info, it doesnt matter that much to me, what matters is that was just kind of a **** move dude.
If you actually brought this up in legal court, they would laugh at you, just like I am now..

For one, YOU do not own anything related to Conquer.

Two, you can be sued for having the name "Conquer 3.0"
Old 03/10/2010, 04:03   #13

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer[GM] View Post

#Request Close

My IQ just plummeted from all those typos and spelling errors...

@ thread; This is why you never distribute your source to coders (assuming this even was a source and not binaries.... in which case that adds a whole new level of humor to it). No matter how trusted your staff is, them having a copy of the source is an issue and in the long run it will most likely be leaked in some form or another.
Old 03/10/2010, 09:30   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,503
Take it up with whoever you need to in private, this doesnt have a place here.

Closed.

Closed Thread

« [Help] Search Source and Client Completed 5165 | [Help] Expball Experience »