Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monster Lag

Discussion on Monster Lag within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/13/2019, 13:00   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Clue: Look for thread sleeps.
It has but in places it is not going to disrupt the process of attack.
Old 04/14/2019, 03:03   #17

serversocket Queues is the problem
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2019, 10:03   #18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_programming

This. Avoid this. Get the actual information, read the code, profile it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2019, 19:21   #19

I'll leave the project link that I use as a base for anyone who wants to take a look, maybe it's some detail that I'm letting go of.

Link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [V.I.P]Coder[PM] View Post
Is the problem on the Server Socket? Is he taking too long to process the scatter attack? After all, does the scatter send 1 packet per kill?
Old 04/15/2019, 08:47   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_programming

This. Avoid this. Get the actual information, read the code, profile it.
Imagine if this guy worked in healthcare, we'd all be screwed.
Old 04/16/2019, 05:42   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by [V.I.P]Coder[PM] View Post
As our friend here quoted, that was the problem. After a while trying and studying row by line I managed to find where the problem was. I wanted to thank those who helped me in a way and those who gave me attention.

Please close this post
Old 04/16/2019, 06:31   #22

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechris95 View Post
As our friend here quoted, that was the problem. After a while trying and studying row by line I managed to find where the problem was. I wanted to thank those who helped me in a way and those who gave me attention.

Please close this post
So, I'm glad you found the problem on your own and managed a fix. Good job, but I was really... uhhh... surprised by the location of the issue. I didn't expect the thread sleep to be in the socket queue implementation... so I was curious and downloaded the source. Yikes.... soooo many vulnerabilities and *** awful code. I've never seen such a bad source before... No wonder you're confused. If all you're looking to do is host a sloppy server that you won't be able to develop on and barely maintain, then okay... but if you're looking to build up your work overtime... this isn't going to help you. Do what you want, but wao.
Old 04/16/2019, 07:42   #23

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
So, I'm glad you found the problem on your own and managed a fix. Good job, but I was really... uhhh... surprised by the location of the issue. I didn't expect the thread sleep to be in the socket queue implementation... so I was curious and downloaded the source. Yikes.... soooo many vulnerabilities and *** awful code. I've never seen such a bad source before... No wonder you're confused. If all you're looking to do is host a sloppy server that you won't be able to develop on and barely maintain, then okay... but if you're looking to build up your work overtime... this isn't going to help you. Do what you want, but wao.
Wao
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/16/2019, 14:11   #24

Quote:
Yep I already told him long time before he posted here again that the problem was his source.
Old 04/16/2019, 15:54   #25

Simple!
Old 04/16/2019, 16:54   #26

Quote:
i figured the problem but i couldn't fix (leak of knowledge about sockets).
any hint or an example from the source itself.
Thanks
1 User