Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Client side question.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Client side question.

i was wondering about some dumb idea
would it be possible to add Halos to V 5017
as i have notice it was released on V5072.

Old 12/06/2018, 08:37   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentistz View Post
i was wondering about some dumb idea
would it be possible to add Halos to V 5017
as i have notice it was released on V5072.
Sure. Haloes are status effects, which are defined by statuseffect.ini. Status effects are also defined as bitflags, and since patch 5017 is rather old, it might only support a 32-bit or 64-bit wide integer for all status effect flags. You can try copying over the necessary effects and adding the effects to their appropriate effect ini files, but you may run out of room. Best scenario would be to just update the source to 5072. It's a nice client version to be on / around.

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/06/2018, 08:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Sure. Haloes are status effects, which are defined by statuseffect.ini. Status effects are also defined as bitflags, and since patch 5017 is rather old, it might only support a 32-bit or 64-bit wide integer for all status effect flags. You can try copying over the necessary effects and adding the effects to their appropriate effect ini files, but you may run out of room. Best scenario would be to just update the source to 5072. It's a nice client version to be on / around.
i would go on with your Opinion about updating to 5072 thanks for your answer
Old 12/06/2018, 08:46   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,396
Quote:
i would go on with your Opinion about updating to 5072 thanks for your answer
Sorry, I got distracted by a news story. To complete my statement, it's probably the best scenario if you desire a multiple features from that patch and it doesn't break any gameplay on your server. If you're just looking to copy over one feature, then it may be worth trying to copy over the effects instead. If you're just fooling around with public sources right now, then I'd say go straight to where you want to be. Your call. Good luck.

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/07/2018, 01:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Sorry, I got distracted by a news story. To complete my statement, it's probably the best scenario if you desire a multiple features from that patch and it doesn't break any gameplay on your server. If you're just looking to copy over one feature, then it may be worth trying to copy over the effects instead. If you're just fooling around with public sources right now, then I'd say go straight to where you want to be. Your call. Good luck.
yea im looking to copy few halos only
about to be 10 halos :"D so would it be fine ? ":"D and how would i know the effect that i don't need :"D
Old 12/07/2018, 09:45   #6

Quote:
yea im looking to copy few halos only
about to be 10 halos :"D so would it be fine ? ":"D and how would i know the effect that i don't need :"D
Well all the effects are triggered server-side AFAIK so you basically control all effects that are in play, which means the effects you don't use server-side are the effects you don't need.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/08/2018, 21:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Well all the effects are triggered server-side AFAIK so you basically control all effects that are in play, which means the effects you don't use server-side are the effects you don't need.
ty already working on it now thanks <3

« Forse users to use a Launcher | Adding weapons and items in to conquer »