Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 12:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Do TQ ever actually take pserv owners to court?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Do TQ ever actually take pserv owners to court?

I've played on a few pservs over the years and a lot of them have closed down either due to cease and desist orders or some sort of drama/running off with cash.

What kind of legal issues should I expect, if a pserver should be discovered by TQ and would non profit/profit make a difference (whether it's accepting donations just for server upkeep or actual donation benefits.)

Old 08/19/2018, 08:39   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,383
I don't think TQ has issued a cease and desist in over a decade... I think it's more-so that server owners are just super ****** and sketchy, and lie through their teeth even when you catch them in the lie. If it's not one of the ... like.. 3 or 4 well commented servers on this board, it's trash and just another donation scam. This whole community is about scamming people now... Like scamming into buying really ****** source code that can't actually support a server... or recycling servers under new names to donation scam the same people. It's a super ****** scam circle jerk of wealthy shitbags. But yeah, TQ doesn't care. We're not a threat.

Old 08/19/2018, 10:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I don't think TQ has issued a cease and desist in over a decade.

They have.
Old 08/19/2018, 13:20   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
I've played on a few pservs over the years and a lot of them have closed down either due to cease and desist orders or some sort of drama/running off with cash.

What kind of legal issues should I expect, if a pserver should be discovered by TQ and would non profit/profit make a difference (whether it's accepting donations just for server upkeep or actual donation benefits.)
Well if you're looking for a server you can check out my signature, we been running epoch for now 2 years and stable, with a good amount of players in our community and a active discord!

Old 08/19/2018, 17:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
They have.
Can you be more specific?
Old 08/20/2018, 10:02   #6

Quote:
Can you be more specific?
To my knowledge there was a server who received one, I won't be naming it though. However that was after a lot of pressure on TQ. So in general you should be safe from TQ.
Old 08/20/2018, 10:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
To my knowledge there was a server who received one, I won't be naming it though. However that was after a lot of pressure on TQ. So in general you should be safe from TQ.
But within the last few years? I haven't heard of anyone in years receiving even a DMCA.

Remember the discussion is about taking someone to an actual court and pressing charges and not just sending out "warnings".
Old 08/20/2018, 11:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
But within the last few years? I haven't heard of anyone in years receiving even a DMCA.

Remember the discussion is about taking someone to an actual court and pressing charges and not just sending out "warnings".
Then no.
Old 10/04/2018, 04:54   #9

TQ Binaries
These are the binary output to TQ Digital's official server source code. They do not contain the source code, but can be used to create a running private server of around patch 5065 or 5095. Running these leaked server binaries carries no fair use and is considered highly illegal. In addition to being illegal to run, TQ Binaries are also very exploitable. Exploits such as the ones listed below make running TQ Binaries or playing on servers which operate on TQ Binaries very unpleasant.

Exploits for TQ Binaries
TQ Binary Server MultiHack
Binary Servers Unprotected Exes
Binary Server Key Dumper
Login To Anyones accounts on Binary servers
Extract blowfish keys from new Protection System
How To Crash Binary Servers
Binary Server Nuke
Do you run a TQ Binary Server?
If you run a private server founded on TQ Binaries, you should close your server immediately. The exploits listed above are incredibly damaging to your player base and should not be lightly disregarded. Alternatives for private servers running on patches 5065 to 5095 exist. You can find and download those sources from this thread. Again, if you run a TQ Binary server, shut down immediately. Many servers which lasted years had to shut down for the very exploits you see above, you are not an exception.

Report a TQ Binary Server
If you find that a server is using illegally obtained software such as TQ Binaries, you may report them by sending an email to TQ Digital Entertainment's sister company NetDragon Websoft.
Old 10/04/2018, 06:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by !..:::DINA:::..! View Post
TQ Binaries
These are the binary output to TQ Digital's official server source code. They do not contain the source code, but can be used to create a running private server of around patch 5065 or 5095. Running these leaked server binaries carries no fair use and is considered highly illegal. In addition to being illegal to run, TQ Binaries are also very exploitable. Exploits such as the ones listed below make running TQ Binaries or playing on servers which operate on TQ Binaries very unpleasant.

Exploits for TQ Binaries
TQ Binary Server MultiHack
Binary Servers Unprotected Exes
Binary Server Key Dumper
Login To Anyones accounts on Binary servers
Extract blowfish keys from new Protection System
How To Crash Binary Servers
Binary Server Nuke
Do you run a TQ Binary Server?
If you run a private server founded on TQ Binaries, you should close your server immediately. The exploits listed above are incredibly damaging to your player base and should not be lightly disregarded. Alternatives for private servers running on patches 5065 to 5095 exist. You can find and download those sources from this thread. Again, if you run a TQ Binary server, shut down immediately. Many servers which lasted years had to shut down for the very exploits you see above, you are not an exception.

Report a TQ Binary Server
If you find that a server is using illegally obtained software such as TQ Binaries, you may report them by sending an email to TQ Digital Entertainment's sister company NetDragon Websoft.

Why did you post the article I wrote from my wiki about TQ Binaries?

So random...
Old 10/04/2018, 08:38   #11

Quote:

Why did you post the article I wrote from my wiki about TQ Binaries?

So random...
What is funnier is that he copied the title but didn't even bother to format it.

« Conquer resolution? (5017) | error »