Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Idea] Cps Actually DROP

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
[Idea] Cps Actually DROP

Would it be possible to make cps actually drop

The icon that i was thinking about using IF its possible

You no how when you open up your inventory the little icon to drop gold i was thinking about using the little cp icon right below it and make it look like that when it drops

Im not sure if this is possible but if it is let me know

Old 02/04/2010, 14:48   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,310
It should be very easy. Modify the drop structure (currently at least in coemu last I checked it has a int storing money) to have cps then in the drop code, similar to how the gold drops are handled do the same thing using cps. You can use existing or custom images for it.

Then just do the actual drop from monsters just as gold already is in the source. Basically everything would be duplication of gold drops except you would have to modify the structure very, very slightly.

Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2010, 16:13   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
It should be very easy. Modify the drop structure (currently at least in coemu last I checked it has a int storing money) to have cps then in the drop code, similar to how the gold drops are handled do the same thing using cps. You can use existing or custom images for it.

Then just do the actual drop from monsters just as gold already is in the source. Basically everything would be duplication of gold drops except you would have to modify the structure very, very slightly.
He was talking about indicating the cps as an icon on dropping, like it is for gold.
Old 02/04/2010, 16:33   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,310
Yah I know. Just modify the drop item structure so that items dropped on floor can have a cp value associated with them.

Or wait, you mean a drop cp button like there is for gold. In that case I'd say no on the button but you could still do a /drop cp command to check invent cps and if there is enough it drops the cps as an item on the ground for players to pick up.

Old 02/04/2010, 18:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Yah I know. Just modify the drop item structure so that items dropped on floor can have a cp value associated with them.

Or wait, you mean a drop cp button like there is for gold. In that case I'd say no on the button but you could still do a /drop cp command to check invent cps and if there is enough it drops the cps as an item on the ground for players to pick up.
Or make a new item with the cps picture and use that instead? Makes it more realistic.
Old 02/04/2010, 22:38   #6

Actually pro awnsered it (i think im gonna do it since i havent seen a server who has it)
Old 02/05/2010, 09:57   #7

Received Thanks: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Actually pro awnsered it (i think im gonna do it since i havent seen a server who has it)
I did it in myold 5017 server a while back.
I pretty much just used the drop gold code and used it for CPs and made a itemminicon for cps.
Old 02/05/2010, 18:09   #8

Every server out there at the moment is either using cps directly in your inventory ( which i think is dumb ) or just dbs dropping i kinda wanna do something custom
Old 02/06/2010, 21:24   #9

yeah i like that idea.. and just pretty much re-code the gold drop code to work with cps, and like arco said, make a mapitemicon.

« 5165 Damage issues | Need Help ! »